First time playing against a Supernova?

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I'm playing in the $30,000 weekly PS VIP tournament, and I'm sitting just across the table from a Supernova.

It shows that he is also currently playing in a $320 tourney, a couple of $22 rebuys and a $33 rebuy.

First time that I've been aware of playing against such high calibre opposition! :)

Only another 6,225 opponents left to eliminate now...

ROYALKNIGHT

ROYALKNIGHT

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I'm playing in the $30,000 weekly PS VIP tournament, and I'm sitting just across the table from a Supernova.

It shows that he is also currently playing in a $320 tourney, a couple of $22 rebuys and a $33 rebuy.

First time that I've been aware of playing against such high calibre opposition! :)

Only another 6,225 opponents left to eliminate now...

WoW. I see now why he is a supernova playing all those games at the same time. He must have a nice bankroll to play in them rebuys simutaneously.

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well according to the rankings sites he has had over $600,000 of winnings from poker so far.

Actually I didn't think that he played very well, and I lasted (slightly) longer in the tournament than he did... :p

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well according to the rankings sites he has had over $600,000 of winnings from poker so far.

Actually I didn't think that he played very well, and I lasted (slightly) longer in the tournament than he did... :p

I've played acouple of them in the past, and to be honest they're not the greatest players to put it in a polite manner, they like to shove alot preflop and they like AJs+ they don't really like to play passively (At least from what I've noticed against them)...Not saying that they're all donks, 600K+ You can't be a donk right:D

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
supernovas just play a lot, there are plenty of losing supernova players who are only profitable because of rakeback and bonuses

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just because it isn't called rakeback doesn't mean it isn't rakeback, its stellar reward bonuses and FPPs which you can turn into $$$

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
indeed, you should never feel intimdated by playing people with a high status on stars. All it says is "I pay a lot in rake"

Obviously a lot of them are turning over profit but there are quite a high number of supernovas who are actually losing players, I've even seen some supernova elite players who are losing players but make a better than average wage by losing just enough to make a healthy salary of like $50k a year.

Who was the player by the way out of curiosity?

trucker103

trucker103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats crazy playing those high buyins all at once
think most would be a little intimidated

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who was the player by the way out of curiosity?
Diamond 8 (but without any spaces). Am I allowed to post personal information like that, I had deliberately not said up until now?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Diamond 8 (but without any spaces). Am I allowed to post personal information like that, I had deliberately not said up until now?

It really isn't cool.

As pascal said, some of these guys are just rich and love to play a lot, or they make a living off rakeback, when you get to supernova, it's some of the best around, thanks to the concierge you can buy literally anything with the points, or just turn it into cash playing FPP games.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I doubt they were paying much attention to your tourney,
probably concentrating more on the others.

FullTilt was good for having a lot of freerolls you could just shove a few chips around in to relieve the boredom whilst waiting for some action in proper tournaments. (That is proper tournaments like the CC games of course). :)