European Server Redirect Bypassing the FBI

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Truth be told I'm a fantastic Electrical Engineer & Inventor but I have no fricken idea how this would be done, only that it's commonplace in all the Spy flicks, where when they trace the link its ping-ponging over a multitude of servers around the world.

So I figured we have an extremely intelligent and diverse community of fellow degenerates on here, highly motivated to get back to their favorite games, so why not pose the question.

Is it doable?

.:dontknow:

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could try researching proxy servers,
and how to use the hosts file,
to see the technical doability, purely as a matter of technical research.
Of course course practically you wouldn't do it because it would be illegal but also because you wouldn't be able to deposit or withdraw funds, rendering it rather pointless.
If you were a european citizen just visiting behind the metalic curtain, business traveller or spy flick producer then the easiest technical method would be to simply use remote access to a machine located in your home country, office, secret bunker or for spykids foreign exchange penpals treehouse. And remember the deviants don't usually look like Sandra Bullock, that's just in the movies.

I

Independent

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy as heck to do.. You need a proxy, free ones are out their but they are slow..

Once you have a proxy you need a program that connects to the proxy..

sockscap and proxifier are good ones, I recommend sockscap.

I would recommend buying a proxy (google it) and using sockscap.

If you buy your own proxy, FTP won't know its a proxy, but if you use a free ones, this means a lot of other people can use it, connect to it, and then FTP will be able to identify this as a proxy and catch you.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The FBI only blocked five domains.

1. AbsolutePoker.com
2. fulltiltpoker.com
3. pokerstars.com
4. ub.com
5. Ultimatebet.com

Any other domain, such as fulltilt.com, fulltiltpoker.co.uk, pokerstars.eu, are still out there and running. You're really not "getting around" the FBI by going to these sites, you are just using an alternate path. That is why companies typically have dozens of domain names purchased well in advance of any commercial activity.

Now, if you are looking to get around the restriction placed on American players by FullTilt or Pokerstars, that's going to be a bit more difficult because the poker clients use SSHv3 or TLS which requires the two endpoints to coordinate the connection with each other. Sure you can proxy or tor through the network, but ultimately, you have to log into their site as yourself.

The only other way around is to tor to a non-US location, sign up as a new user, and transfer your bankroll. Oops, they disabled transfers...

Face it. We're screwed.
Either wait it out, or go hit the play chip tables. Want some real entertainment (fish)? Go play Zynga poker on Facebook...

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
The FBI only blocked five domains.

In other words we can open up on the UK site but our bankrolls remain frozen with the FBI in the States...?:eek:

1. AbsolutePoker.com
2. FullTiltPoker.com
3. Pokerstars.com
4. ub.com
5. Ultimatebet.com

Any other domain, such as fulltilt.com, fulltiltpoker.co.uk, pokerstars.eu, are still out there and running. You're really not "getting around" the FBI by going to these sites, you are just using an alternate path. That is why companies typically have dozens of domain names purchased well in advance of any commercial activity.

Now, if you are looking to get around the restriction placed on American players by FullTilt or Pokerstars, that's going to be a bit more difficult because the poker clients use SSHv3 or TLS which requires the two endpoints to coordinate the connection with each other. Sure you can proxy or tor through the network, but ultimately, you have to log into their site as yourself.

The only other way around is to tor to a non-US location, sign up as a new user, and transfer your bankroll. Oops, they disabled transfers...

Face it. We're screwed.
Either wait it out, or go hit the play chip tables. Want some real entertainment (fish)? Go play Zynga poker on Facebook...[/QUO

In other words we can open up on the UK site but our bankrolls remain frozen with the FBI in the States...?:eek:

C

Corey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Truth be told I'm a fantastic Electrical Engineer & Inventor but I have no fricken idea how this would be done, only that it's commonplace in all the Spy flicks, where when they trace the link its ping-ponging over a multitude of servers around the world.

.:dontknow:

Not a very impressive electrical engineer who gets his ideas from Hollywood movies. You know 99% of that stuff is BS right?

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a very impressive electrical engineer who gets his ideas from Hollywood movies. You know 99% of that stuff is BS right?

No Way! Tell me it isn't so. It must be all accurate or they couldn't show it? right?

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THIS DOES NOT WORK. I tried this the other day, but it still doesn't matter. US players have their accounts registered in the US, so that's what the poker companies go by. In order to change your residence you would have to have a utility bill and driver's license from another country.