The element of surprise

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you like knowing how the wsop finishes or do you like watching it on TV?

If you knew Ivey won the WSOP ME and then when you watched it on TV for the first time and ivey is all in the 1st hand and needs the case ace in the deck, you know he gets it because he wins it. Last year Joe hachem was shortstacked all the way up to about 3-4 handed play at the final table. If anyone read or heard about how it ended, you knew he ended up winning.

I like the surprise. I stopped reading about the ME when it got about to 200 players. Im going to watch all of it on TV whenever it shows.

The point of this thread is to see if people like the surprise element. And also to ask that when the main event ends, please dont start a thread titled *NAME wins the WSOP main event.* Please dont post any information in the tille line that will ruin it for people that havent been following it.

Thanks

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant believe Doyle Brunson went all in first hand, got called by 8 others and won his 11th bracelet so quickly. Truely amazing.

Enjoy watching it :)

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is absolutely no chance that you will be able to play poker and visit poker sites while not discovering who's won the ME before it airs on TV.

Just give up now, and save yourself the inevitable pain. ;)

shortstacked

shortstacked

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dorkus Malorkus said:
There is absolutely no chance that you will be able to play poker and visit poker sites while not discovering who's won the ME before it airs on TV.

Just give up now, and save yourself the inevitable pain. ;)

no kidding, well if you locked your self in the house with no power for about 6mo you could do it

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when does it show on tv? im guessing yall dont like surprises?

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
mischman said:
when does it show on tv? im guessing yall dont like surprises?
I like surprises! :D You and I can hide in a bunker until they air the "edited" version. :p

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the surprise of seeing it myself but can't count on not reading the info somewhere. It doesn't really matter since I know I'll be watching the original and re-run shows all summer anyway.
I for one will try not to ruin the surprise though.......

JeeDub84

JeeDub84

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always like to be surprised in who wins. Like the others said though you cant bet on it on the main event so at least you can try to look forword on how it was won.

medeiros13

medeiros13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've got to agree with you Mischman. I'm trying to stay away from any information on the WSOP main event. The ONLY piece of information I'm looking for I haven't found yet. I wanted to find out how the guy I knew ended up doing. I know he was still alive the last time Welly posted early results. I have a feeling he didn't win so I'd like to see just how well he did. Then I'll watch to see if he made it on TV!