Early morning poker

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do any of you guys play early morning like between 1am-6am? If you do how do you cope with the tiredness/ sleepiness or how do you keep yourself focused. I know some people don't play because they are not 100% but others play because it might be the only alone time they have (day job, kids, family in the day) and would like to hear from them.

Thanks for your input

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only times I play at those hours is in a tournement. Last night I started one at 8 and went into the FT around 1:20, I listen to music to keep myself focused

wanderingthehall

wanderingthehall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will play those times because I am a nightowl and my body has plenty of energy in the middle of the night. I think the most important thing is to play when you're body naturally is at it's most awake an alert. If you are trying to fight your body to get another time based advantage, it will likely either be a losing or break-even move in the long run.

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only times I play at those hours is in a tournement. Last night I started one at 8 and went into the FT around 1:20, I listen to music to keep myself focused

Agree Music is a great way to stay relaxed but it doesn't work for me it tends to break my concentration

gl on the tourneys

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will play those times because I am a nightowl and my body has plenty of energy in the middle of the night. I think the most important thing is to play when you're body naturally is at it's most awake an alert. If you are trying to fight your body to get another time based advantage, it will likely either be a losing or break-even move in the long run.

You are right, i find it quite hard to focused when I'm drained but I know some People do play these hours despite being tired , just wanna find out their secret lol

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ive played both 'shifts' i guess you could call it.

if you play at night, you play europeans or asians depending on which coast you live on.. during the day you find yourself running into more of the grinders type and/or this is what they do for a living.

for me, it depends on my bankroll and how much i am trying to accomplish. during the day the gurantees and the amount of traffic is far higher than at night but, typically weaker players play at night.

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The latest i have played so far is about 1:30am...Started the tourney 7:00 pm.

R

RickH1983

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play these hours. It is 4am right now. I have always been a night person. I am normally awake until about 6 or 7am. I work at night so that helps me as well. I usually play multiple tables at night to keep me focused. When I play live I stay focused because I know everyone else is tired. It is easy to pick up pots that way. I have found that I can play well when I am tired. I have sat in poker rooms for over 24 hours and I even play after a 12 hour shift at work. It just all depends on how much energy you have. I find that the best time to play is around 7am. I always have a lot of energy I think that is what helps me.

trolaAa

trolaAa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At this time of the night im sleeping ... cant afford to play so lately .
But i have to try.

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play these hours. It is 4am right now. I have always been a night person. I am normally awake until about 6 or 7am. I work at night so that helps me as well. I usually play multiple tables at night to keep me focused. When I play live I stay focused because I know everyone else is tired. It is easy to pick up pots that way. I have found that I can play well when I am tired. I have sat in poker rooms for over 24 hours and I even play after a 12 hour shift at work. It just all depends on how much energy you have. I find that the best time to play is around 7am. I always have a lot of energy I think that is what helps me.

I wish I had that much energy, I get the most alone time in the morning and i od on coffee too much and I don't get enough sleep to recover which is not good for poker

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically now you can not play at night, tables not too much left after the Americans and Spaniards. Hard to find bad players if you play at night.
About the game coffee and a shower, and you'll feel a whole night vigorous.

BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually wake up early to get a piece of the action in the early morning. I make my biggest gains around those times.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just go to bed at 9am and wake up around 4 or 5pm. Kinda opposite hours of reg person, but I find the tables to be nice and juicy.

SANDYHOOKER KY

SANDYHOOKER KY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the time between 2 and 6, not as many players is right, the mmts are not nearly as full and guaranteed's are same. Easy to cash in and depending on what site you play on, the 'nut's' are easy prey. Seems like the russians only know one style, aiof. Easy money.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes play in the time between 1am-6am, but usually because I'm playing a long session. I try to not pass the 4am mark because I know that I will not be playing my best game. Until reach the 4am, I always have some candy or coffe in my home.

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically now you can not play at night, tables not too much left after the Americans and Spaniards. Hard to find bad players if you play at night.
About the game coffee and a shower, and you'll feel a whole night vigorous.

Really
I tend find more weak players in the morning I guess it depends on the location .

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just go to bed at 9am and wake up around 4 or 5pm. Kinda opposite hours of reg person, but I find the tables to be nice and juicy.

I go to bed at 5 am and wake at 9am for worklol. I guess I am not in my best shape to play between 4-5 but lately I do seem to get some decent gains around that time

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the time between 2 and 6, not as many players is right, the mmts are not nearly as full and guaranteed's are same. Easy to cash in and depending on what site you play on, the 'nut's' are easy prey. Seems like the russians only know one style, aiof. Easy money.

It's funny how you mention one style because I was thinking the same thing other players too, I play quite a few husng and I always find that they use one betting stye over and over. It's really easy to read and beat once you get the hang of it

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes play in the time between 1am-6am, but usually because I'm playing a long session. I try to not pass the 4am mark because I know that I will not be playing my best game. Until reach the 4am, I always have some candy or coffe in my home.

I have to try candy ,I have chocolate but I'm afraid to eat that early in the morning then go to bed lol maybe I will try adding it my coffee

S

SADIEMMM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
early morning poker

I enjoy playing in the morning! less people and i find it easier to make it deep! pretty good way to start the day with some hot chocolate some breakfast and a nice tourney!!

topper39

topper39

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often play in these early hours. There is a less number of players everywhere and I would even say there are more bad players than in the primetimes. At least from my personal experiences this is true and especially cash game is a lot softer with less Europeans in the game imo.
I'm usually sleepy as mad if I had to stay awake cause of other things than playing poker. But when I stay up cause of playing it somehow makes me feel fresh and I'm mostly not tired at all. And when I start to feel drowsy, there is nothing more effective than to make yourself a cup of cofee I guess. It works for me perfectly. Or drink Red bull, but cofee is tastier and even healthier (or at least less unhealthy :)) choice.

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is interesting because it seems like there's quite a few players who chooses to play in the morning because of the softer traffic or it's where they make their most profit but I thought there was going to be more players who don't have a choice but to play these hrs because of schedule.

I myself also finds the competition softer but even with all the drinks i can't seem to stay focus , don't want to sleep but I always feel I have to rush. I know I shouldn't play but I have the most alone time these hours. Hopefully with some advice here I develop a strategy to stay focus.

Gl on the morning run guys

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hard for me to find good cash games [Carbon] at my stakes that early here in the US..........

J

Jdawg0913

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never play when you are less than 100% it is a recipe for disaster. I have seen several friends lose their bankrolls between those hours. True, if done properly, you will be playing against players at their worst but you'd better be at your best or it will be a wash.

psychotie

psychotie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I live in Munich and I love to play after midnight . Not so much easteurope maniacs online. And the once who are online , useully are drunk. Lots of Uk , CAN and Aussie players on the table. The starterfields are not so hugh in the garantee tournaments. And for me personally , Its the time of day , I can concentrate better on poker , cause I don t get disturb by other things like phonecalls or unsuspected visits.
GL on and off the felts