Drugs and Poker

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only ¨drug¨ that i can think it could be ¨benefical¨ is caffeine, especially in long mtt where you need to be at least 12 hours straight playing without losing your focus on the game.

Any ADD or ADHD medicine can do the same which are similar to cocaine.

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think any drugs and alcohol is not good for the game.To each his own

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you people can do what ever you want. just say no to drugs!!! but if i want to do drugs or alcohol i will for i pay for my buyins and only i will have to suffer from my actions. lol and being all loaded at a table might not go so well. whether it be illicit drugs or prescription meds or even alcohol, drugs can and will have something to do with your actions. so its all up to the individual for they will have to live with there actions. gl gl on the tables

12shark4u

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I play better after a few beers tend to loosen up some and get a lil more aggressive. But that's just me.

M

MaxMill

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played poker on a few different substances.. To be honest weed makes you really passive and you just play the cards a lot more.. Cocaine can actually help you be aware of other players actions.. It really depends on your reaction to a substance.. Some people act stupid some people become more aware... But I have noticed playing sober/ or a little weed to calm my nerves is the best win/win strategy in a lengthy play period... For me at least..

nastena2992

nastena2992

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doping in poker

Many people believe that poker - is a sport. In any sport there are some things that can improve your results and what can help us in poker? Generally we would like to hear people that something is consumed. Antidepressants even if someone drinks unsubscribe what effect and how it helps you specifically in poker?

Bob23bk

Bob23bk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As with any other sport, general overall health will play a role... Diet would be a big one, garbage in, garbage out right? A player I've been shadowing alot lately has told me that he will eat larger meals in the days leading up to an important tourney (he plays wsop every year) but will eat light during the tourney (IE: no meat, lots of raw foods, vegetables, juices etc.)

Aside from that, poker players need to find that pill from 'Limitless' :pepsi:

fubarcdn

fubarcdn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that coke can help but unlike the last poster Pepsi won't do anything at all. Go ask Alice. :D

nastena2992

nastena2992

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
POKER FOR me is like a drug I can not stop playing until one realizes that he does wrong .. I have to learn to control my impulses are closed session to enjoy see this in my becoming an obsession

For peace of mind a drink soothing herbal teas

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure living well can make you a better player. Eating well, having a good life, brushing you teeth lol, but I can say the complete opposite applies for example, Stu Ungar.

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing for money, only "drug" I prefer is coffeine and only when needed (mainly from Coke and energy chocolate). When playing for fun, few Long Islands are just fine.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think that coke can help but unlike the last poster Pepsi won't do anything at all. Go ask Alice. :D

Lol...you didn't expect your comment to go unnoticed, did you? Very cute 😊

Bob23bk

Bob23bk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure living well can make you a better player. Eating well, having a good life, brushing you teeth lol, but I can say the complete opposite applies for example, Stu Ungar.

Not that I disagree with you, but not sure referencing 1 of only 2 people ever to win 3 bracelets makes for a great argument :p

Just for clarification, I do agree with you... Ungar was the only champ who didn't show up to defend his title as well, even though he was there getting prepared moments before the game! :eek: (Thanks drugs)

PS - Thanks for the reminder shells, didn't mean to brush you off fubarcdn.... I hit my 10 post limit yesterday LOL

D

Dstone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like as long as they are not disrupting anyone around them or the game by doing it, might as well give an advantage to the other players :p

D

Disaster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just say no. How can coke or alcohol possibly help????

E

Exmatrix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It allows yoU to play an alternate perspective or rather the same game yoU play now has a mUch more sensitive feel to it. Alcohol coUld also be considered a drUgfor the same reasons.

J

jackass123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like drugs + poker puts you more on tilt sometimes.

Oksana Karaulova

Oksana Karaulova

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
enough for me a good mood for the game of poker, no drugs do not need))))

Last edited:
deceptionist99

deceptionist99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I remember correctly, the stu ungar documentary did not have a happy ending.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

What a very scientific outlook!

What you've said is just stupid. There's no way to prove that Stu had success due to being an addict. If Stu Ungar had been able to get into recovery for his addiction & had then practised 'living well' for good length of time, who knows if his poker game wouldn't have become even far better than it was?

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anything (legal) that can boost your perceptiveness in a live game while at the same time possibly negatively effecting your opponent's focus, I say is fair game.
At times I will eat an entire can of pork & beans 2 hrs before, have a 5hr energy 30 minutes prior to game time and use an empty prophylactic wrapper as a card protector.

:icon_thum

Serkish

Serkish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i tend to smoke n play, it helps me fold easier. I've also seen a drunk guy killing a 1/2 nlhe in Borgata but then again he was also getting lucky

bossbran

bossbran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its better to have a nice sleep/rest and eat right in the right time.. And the condition of the body and mind.. No stress..

No to drugs.. its better to drink beers after the game ...

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is also, to some extent drug.:)

taban13

taban13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that drugs are evil. Not just in poker but in life. Therefore, all decisions must be sober.