Dongle for online poker

J

Jay123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey. Im looking for a decent dongle so i can play online poker at home. preferably a PAYG one. i thought id ask here and see if / what ones you guys have tried?

Thanks.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm assuming you're talking about for Internet? Where do you live? What wireless carriers do you have available? Do you have a cell phone with a wireless data plan? Give more information.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question - be interested to hear cause I have not heard of any.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nearly every major cell phone carrier has them...

J

Jay123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
haha absoluthamm, that is my dp on pokerstars :)...
i live in chelmsford. i had iphone (lost it) on vodaphone and 3g was pretty terrible at home.
we dont have internet at home, i would really just like 1 to play online without a drop in connection.
Absoluthamm i was just wondering what would be the best for this, as i just mentioned vodaphone on my iphone is terrible at home really, and i would like one that could play maybe up to 6 tables ( am i just dreamming) without lagging, but i would be happy with 1... i dont like to miss turnes because of lag!

thanks for the help

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no clue where Chelmsford is, but your best bet is going to be figuring out all of the cell phone companies available in your area, then going to their websites and finding their coverage map. See which of them has decent coverage in your area and make your decision.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it would be a lot cheaper/better quality to just get internet to your house if you can?

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it would be a lot cheaper/better quality to just get internet to your house if you can?
Not always necessarily. Many times yes, but some internet providers royally rape you.(Looking at you Comcast!)

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
UK rates are pretty reasonable :)

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah just get it into your house man, if you've got shitty mobile signal in your house then your not going to get a good connection on a dongle, **** knows why people even buy dongles now if they have a smart phone, just tether your phone to your laptop and use its signal for going online, or set it up as a wireless hotspot (what I do with an android HTC desire) thats how I play on my lunch break at work to get around firewalls and webfilters etc, and how I played when I moved house and was waiting on my broadband being installed

J

Jay123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Temporaraly living with my grandparents so cant get it connected up to my house. i will maybe try the phone tether when i get a new phone, (just lost my ipohone). maybe a 4s would be good enough for me but i might get the samsung android when s3 comes out, well see how that goes.
but untill then i guess i can dream...