Does anyone else do this

medeiros13

medeiros13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just have a question for the community. You may or may not have read my post regarding my string of bad cards. Regardless, I made a decision over the weekend that I think has helped. What I did was not play any hold'em over the weekend and stuck with Omaha. Since we all know Omaha is a game of the nuts, I think playing helps me stay even tighter when I go back to Hold'em.

This is the second time that I've done this and both times have helped me quite a bit? Does anyone else do this? Thoughts and opinions are welcome :)

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I'm not sure it will help in respect to the cards, but I do agree that a change of pace can help alleviate Hold 'em Burn Out. About a month ago I was having a horrible run of luck, monumental in scope really. The more I played the worse I got. I stopped playing and posting for some time. I spent the time reading and reviewing my hand histories. I've only recently come back, but over the last 1000 hands or so I have noticed a distinct turn for the better.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never played omaha, but can see this to be true with 7 card stud, and respect the belief that changing up your games will help people in certain areas of play, especially when having a bad run of cards which causes tilt or looseness.

T

Threesixes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I jump from SNGs to Ring Games to MTTs trying to change things up when I hit a bad streak. It works often for me.