Do you play poker in pursuit of a career or as a Hobbie?

angelluv725

angelluv725

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is just a fun past time hobby for me at this time, but when online poker is legal I may become more serious. I may even make a deposit somewhere and try to build up my bankroll. For now, winning in the free rolls is still like playing with play chips, but is good practice for me. I do want to improve, but I would never make it as a pro and have no desire to be one. :D

A

AndreasAces007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As a hobby, it would be cool if one day I was that good, but realistically I'm on to have fun and make a few bucks.

I find so many variables that make it harder and harder to read and so many more donkeys on the tables as of late that I feel like I don't really know what I am doing some times. Then I make a final table and bank a little and feel better, even though I play everyday and at different times of the day I haven't been in a great tournament in months. You know the kind where people are playing real poker not Bingo Poker... Shove all in with K3 off first to act.. really come on...happening more and more...

Just my words...
A

G

gabrielrr33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started as a hobby, I spend four hours a day. freerolls.Y game alone in the future if I think taking this game as my professional work.

nastena2992

nastena2992

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for fun, but I try to keep the game under control in terms of common calculation and emotion. When the game goes, I do not risk, but if luck is on my side here and I will not miss ... the main stop in time))

FlushhDraw

FlushhDraw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing less than full time career is acceptible to me

M

majyuk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just as a hobby so far but now I am retired I can look into it a bit more and even take in a few live tornies now.

CSVidal

CSVidal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And today I dedicate much of my time to poker think it was a hobby now this is increasingly professionalized. Once you have a formed banking and drive a good tournament with prize I want to professionalize.

CSYA14

CSYA14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strictly as a hobby for me. If I make a few bucks, ok, if not ok too. Not going to go overboard with it.

alipalip

alipalip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i strated to play it was just a hobby, now that i startet to learn it`s more than just hobby. I`m not pro or something i just took more time to learn and trying to understand the game. How ever it`s more fun like this than you just push some buttons.

jayrock334

jayrock334

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a hobby that I have a lot of passion for and want to learn about to make a profit. becoming a pro would be great but not striving to live off poker

S

sunshine0410

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker just for fun and it's a very profitable hobby. But I think it's unrealistic for me to think that I could play poker as a career. To my mind my poker skills are to weak for professional poker.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to dream making poker as a career.

But with all those stuffs you have to work through everyday, I consider it now as merely a hobby.

K

kisintin01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker - my hobby. but if it is I will be repaid - will is not even bad) But it is necessary to develop - and no time, so you have to Gamblers and drained again your BR. sadly.

mange1234

mange1234

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hobby

A hobby. I enjoy playing freerolls and penny games just for fun.

Mike

laceypearls

laceypearls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a hobby for me but I do enjoy winning and making a bankroll that is always great to be able to cash out.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play for the pure addiction

dont even care about the money
(tho my big wins coming;))

its a great game on so many levels,
and Im sure it will keep changing and adapting,
pure chaos, I LOVE IT!!!

alipalip

alipalip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me poker is hobby for me, but i hope that i can build a nice carieer shortly! :D

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started playing online because my so called friends would cheat me out of pots, because they knew I didn't know what hand would beat another hand ,so I started playing online , after 10 years of playing , I've gone to Vegas 4 times ,to think that if my friends never cheated me I would have never learned to love playing poker or have gone to Vegas, in the 4 times I've gone I've never come back with less then what I went with and 1 time I even more then doubled up,but to answer the question it's still just a great hobby of mine I'm not going to get rich or play in the wsop but it will always be a way for me to just kick back have a couple of beers and relax!!!

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I study a lot and wish to play like a pro but at 79 doubt that I have the physical strenght to be a pro.

L

LoD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it is also just a hobby, although I am playing quite a lot of poker at the moment. But let´s wait and see what the future brings.

My main goal is to improve my game by studying theory a bit and watching training videos. Unfortunately I am not able to invest as much time in these activities as I should do, because I prefer playing the game. And once I opened some tables I tend to forget about everything else and just keep on playing.

Martin Birulia

Martin Birulia

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Originally as a hobbie, and now im thinking to get a pro-skill.

ViresIntus

ViresIntus

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is purely a hobby for me. I golf more which will be my career soon enough, but poker is purely fun at home! Its almost a sport to me too, cause unlike golf, I pay the fees and have a chance to earn it all back plus some more on the side, so its just the nature of the beast taking its effects on me haha

B

batagliador

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
now playing poker as a hobby , I'm just starting , with time I will check my skills and know if I have chances to play professionally.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hobby. And I've even won big $$'s. Even then I knew it was a hobby.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately for me, poker is earnings. While I'm here, and have but little money is needed. I think in the future for me will be the poker as a hobby.