Do you play poker in pursuit of a career or as a Hobbie?

J

jcsplus4

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play as a hobby. Like to have fun with it, but then I get to serious and upset. lol

D

deliverit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a hobby , not good enough to play professional. Going to a Poker school and trying to improve my game. We will see

E

Ezra2535

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I worked for a poker company and learned how to play and ever since i have been addicted. My mother has played for years and i wish i had gone with her every monday to play because i would have learned alot and been alot further along.

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is hobby and fun for me with some chances to make some money. I'm not sure you can become professional poker player playing only online,

ZekeRam

ZekeRam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to dream of becoming pro until I got hit with the entrepreneurial bug. Now I'm playing poker to hopefully get my next big win that'll help me start off my business.

Frank Burnette

Frank Burnette

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play as a hobby, and I genuinely love to play poker. When ever I get bored or have some free time :bebored:, playing poker is the first thing that comes to mind. :ah4::ad4:

motorcity1957

motorcity1957

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hobby , and like most things it usually costs money, some hobby cost more than others. Like you can collect rocks as a hobby, thats free, most hobby gonna cost something. We do it because we enjoy it. I do. sometimes, lol.
It is not like a sport such as BB, FB, golf , tennis , no child i know ever said i wanna grow up to be a Poker Pro. Maybe if they put Phil Ivey on a Wheatie's box. lol

S

spazdm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play just for fun maybe a few days a week, its funny i bought a computer to be able to play poker again(I used to play like 5 years ago in north carolina online) but i didnt do well then and i still have bad luck now. I play free rolls mostly now because i cant afford to deposit lately. I used to play them loose but now im trying to play tight even though they are FR. I figure if i play tight and right then maybe the poker gods will notice and let me win some money to start playing small sit n go's and slowly work my way up. I work fulltime but if I could start slowly making profit and it was steady then I would consider trying to be professional :) Well goodluck to all the good players in here, maybe il see some of you some day in a tourney.

caballojoe

caballojoe

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a hobby. I haven't made a deposit in years, but I haven't cashed out, either. I enjoy tournament play, but not so much the cash games, which seem to be my demise. They say you can't make a living playing tournaments, and I'd say they are right. But I'm thinking if I can build a bankroll from nothing, starting in the freerolls, and move up, it's a pretty good hobby.

caballojoe

caballojoe

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a hobby. I haven't made a deposit in years, but I haven't cashed out, either. I enjoy tournament play, but not so much the cash games, which seem to be my demise. They say you can't make a living playing tournaments, and I'd say they are right. But I'm thinking if I can build a bankroll from nothing, starting in the freerolls, and move up, it's a pretty good hobby.

R

rnino23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I also consider poker a hobby for now but hope to change that in the near future...

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the beginning, I wanted a poker career. Now, I realize it only will be a hobby, at least a profitable one.

xaxawa

xaxawa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me
poker is a competition

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the year lol. Lately it is more of a part time pursuit for me. It was a full time profession for a long time before that. I think it is good to step back every once in awhile and pursue other things be it business or travel or you might face some serious burn out.

DonV73

DonV73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both, I try to make a much money as possible with a game a really like playing ;)

G

gametime2011

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play as a hobby here as it is a good way to make some extra money, but tough to make a living from it unless you are staked along with living in a location where it is easy to withdraw winnings.

newby4ever

newby4ever

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For this moment its a hobby(adrenaline):)

D

dead homie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty much everything i do is just a hobby, i think a nine to five is the only way ill ever make a living

madsquirrel

madsquirrel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many of you play full time poker ONLINE or live for a living or l

just out of curiosity, how many of you play full time poker online or live for a living? I am seriously thinking of making a career change. I absolutely love what I do just because of the money but it is definitely not my passion of a career. Poker is my weakness.. Give me some input all!!!!! Please and i look forward to reading all of the opinions :D:icon_bigs:icon_bigs:icon_bigs:icon_bigs:icon_bigs

X

Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be awesome, if I had poker as a career. But unfortunately I have to be a realist and I think it will always be a hobby.

W

w8888

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just as hobby right now, I do dream about it being a career though, but I think it would be quite unlikely.

L

lilnewtdog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only time for a hobby right now. I used to play long hours to build a bankroll and then I had to spend it. Now I have a little one and only have minimum amount of time.

xastaria

xastaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love this game,i am trying to learn,i am reading a lot of books i am watching a lot of tutorials and i hope some day to be a professional player!The articles are great!!! :icon_thum :icon_thum