Do you like Heads-Up SNG's?

What do you think of Heads-Up SNG's?

• I like them because I'm good at them & win often.

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I like them because they are over quickly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like them because they are boring.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I don't like them because you risk more & get less.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • I don't like them because I'm not good at heads-up.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Explain Below)

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering what the folks of CC thought about Heads-Up SNG's. I'm kinda torn. On one hand, I think they are quick way to win a little money. On the other hand, I think the risk is greater because you only get a little less than half your buy-in as prize money. Hmm...

What do you think?

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you usually get a little more than half as prize money. but if you're willing to pay that, i've got this bridge in brooklyn you might be interested in buying..

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MrSticker said:
you only get a little less than half your buy-in as prize money.
joosebuck said:
i think you usually get a little more than half as prize money.

Oops, sorry. I meant you get half as "profit". Take the prize money minus your buy-in & fee = profit. The profit is less than half the prize money. IE: A $5 SNG with a .25 fee has $10 prize money. $10-$5.25= $4.75.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i knew what you meant, i was just teasing you

LetsGetItOn

LetsGetItOn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to be able to play like 30 straight $20-$50 PL omaha h/l ones at stars and take down every one but as for NLHE ones I think the pace is boring and slow, I tend to get bored and bluff at every pot. Also, being able to just double your money isn't that great I would much prefer to just play a sng with same entry fee.

NANUNANU

NANUNANU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
heads up

I think heads up at the end of a long tournement is fun. Heads up sitngoes other than just practicing your heads up game just arent worth the buyin. :hello:

Beriac

Beriac

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing I love about SNGs is that with 6-10 players, you have a few fish who are "donating" and so I could imagine it being EV+ even with the rake. It's a lot less certain in heads up SNG, if you're playing someone who is tight and a strong player, you really have to earn it. Still, I do enjoy them, especially for practice. I tend to do well once heads up in full-table SNGs partly as a result.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love HU play, but for whatever reason, I never play HU sngs.
I guess it's just because the risk is too high vs. the reward; though they really are easy - get a passive/tight opponent, and the game is all but in the bag.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's fun if you know the person you are playing against. Remember when we had the Heads Up TOurnament. It's not so fun against an unknown unless you can finish him/her in 2 minutes like some players. Although, I hate the all-in on every hand players.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
t1riel said:
I think it's fun if you know the person you are playing against.
I agree with this. It's a pity we don't have more HU challenges. Makes things fun and interesting. :)

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the h2h sng's, for awhile there I was doing really great building my bankroll $2 at a time playing them. But that's the thing.....anything over $2 and it seems like to big a risk vs. the amount you get in return. I will play them on occasion though, even with a drunk irishman (in fact i get good advice from him) even though he is a bit cocky.

goffman73

goffman73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im really not a big fan of heads-up..........not bad everynow and then but I couldnt sit and play one after another without a pillow.

Eminescu

Eminescu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think sng's are an easier way to increase your bankroll.I made a 500% profit in just 2 days after my first deposit(50$) just playing sng's.

Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
t1riel said:
I think it's fun if you know the person you are playing against. Remember when we had the Heads Up TOurnament.

I agree with this also, the heads up tourney we had here was a blast. I never play cause it doesn't interest me to play against an unknown. I'm not sure why though as I play against unknowns in 6-player games!!!!

Mr.Canada

Mr.Canada

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I personnaly hate heads up sit and go's. I find it way too loose and way to quick. Because you can almost play every hand its more luck than skill I think because you can have 5-7 os and hit top pair sevens, when would you ever play 5-7os in a regular sit and go except from the BB when you check. Even though its easier to read your oppenent because there is only one its more risky and luckier.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to disagree with you, canada - The fewer the players you have at a table, the more skill you need rather than luck or cards.

"Great players do well in marginal situations" ....or something like that...can't remember the exact quote, but it's along those lines :p
-Jennifer Harman

You rely greatly on your reads and your guts because you're forced to play almost every hand.
At a full 10-handed table, any monkey can sit back and play only top 10 hands, but as the number of players decrease, you're forced into more and more hands because the blinds hit you more frequently. This means you're forced into more marginal situations which really test your game and your hand-reading skills.