What do you do when your opponent disconnects

• Total voters
robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do? H2H stage of a 10 player SnG. Level stacks, opponent loses connection.

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise and steal his blinds....what else can you do?

Didn't see the poll at the top at first so I'll vote the same now. Although I don't know if "frantic" is how I'd do it.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know I'm a decent player, and I would want to know who the better player is when playing HU, so I definately would take my time and not try to gain an unfair advantage.
It would make me feel dirty.....lol

Marklar

Marklar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never will know how but the last two times my internet connection dropped with around 4 or 5 left in the SnG "I" managed to finish second once and third the last time. And I never really had that impressive of a chipstack. I figure people try to steal my blinds when someone else picks up a hand and they end up busting out.... or maybe I suck so bad my best chance is to never play

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on who I am playing. If it is a friend or a really nice person I will play my game normally. If not I will take all I can get while they are gone.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Heh ? In a forum game ill wait, or if its a small buy in. IF its a $22 + sit and go, get a new connection mate :)

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they have been respectful I will steal the blinds but I will take my time limit. If they have been a jerk I'll steal them as fast as I can then make fun of them when they reconnect. :D

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Depends with me too. If it's one of you guys, I'll wait as long as possible, or if it's someone who's been generally friendly. But, I've lost my connection a few times HU, got back on pretty quickly to find that my opponent (non CCer of course) had opted for the "frantic" blind steal and been down most of my chips. So yeah, eye for eye.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise>Raise>Raise and take the blinds>>>>>>>>>>>>>> buck:cool:

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it was someone I knew or was friends with, play slow. Anyone else, I'm raising, raising, raising, getting all I can get. Why? Because I know 99% of people will do the same to me when I get disconnected. I wouldn't expect them not to. Money's money.

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As much as I'd like to take the moral high ground, it would be raise raise raise....its a ruthless world out there.

To put into perspective :- With just over 40 people left in the party poker million (a year or so ago) I picked up KK in the BB. Folded around to the SB...The SB raised, I reraised and he launched all-in. Before I could call the computer crashed (generally about a once nightly occurence at the time, but never quite so untimely as this).

Apparently he had JJ. Such is life.....and something you simply have to accept.

No-one in there right mind is going to feel sorry for your technical difficulties and insist that the hand be re-run or chips returned....so generally I would raise raise raise without any feeling of guilt whatsoever, knowing that maybe it was just a little bit of karma.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just steadily raise & take blinds until they get back on line. Exception to this being a CC event. On occasion I have slow played in this situation in a regular SNG because my opponent had been friendly & it had been a good match. I figure if it's only about the money I am playing above my comfort level.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Answer is obvious to me. If I'm playing someone who I know and am confident would stall and wait for me I'd wait. If I'm playing an unknown (or an asshat obv) I'd just keep instaraising.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it was someone I knew or was friends with, play slow. Anyone else, I'm raising, raising, raising, getting all I can get. Why? Because I know 99% of people will do the same to me when I get disconnected. I wouldn't expect them not to. Money's money.
Rob didnt say anything about it being a friend,,, But You Should know you DONT have any Friends at the table when your playing poker, when i put someone allin and take them out of the game, it dont matter who they are, man, woman, friend or anybody,, Thats just the way it is.. If i was playing a friend or someone from Cardschat and he said brb, i would wait, otherwise its all out war.
buck

D

DukeDrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm usually on the wrong end of the connect problem, so I can say that most people go after my blinds like crazy...

MSRedImp

MSRedImp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take the blinds, always. I was once way down in a heads-up and he disappeared, the blinds were so big I won the heads-up from just raising, always think about number one.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm there to make money. The easier, the better. I'd take the blinds and let the other guy deal with support to get his buy-in back. Not because I'm callous. It's because I know that 90% of the world would do the same to me, as indicated by the current poll tally above.

(It would be different if the other player was a friend or a fellow CC'er.)

gord962

gord962

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically the same as quite a few of you noted above. If it's some random donk then I will raise and take as many blinds as possible (because that's what they would do to me, I'm sure.)
If I have had a decent conversation with that person at the table or it's someone I know I will take my time and allow them a chance to reconnect and continue the battle as fairly as possible (and I would hope they would do the same to me as well.)

zinzan1000

zinzan1000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would not make one bit of difference to me as when I get heads up I will be raising pre-flop a vast majority of the time anyway, the rest of the time I will be raising post flop.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd like to pretend I'm a cold hearted monster and raise raise, but assuming that there was no bad blood between us, i'd slow down.

D

Dingodaddy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only way i dont steal their blinds as fast as i can is if i know the opponet. **** anyone else. lol

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chips to me, piss on thee!
Unless they are a CC'er regular. Then I would wait.