Diary of a Dog

XXXDIRTYDOGXXX

XXXDIRTYDOGXXX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all, been a long time since last posting. I became a student on Team Moshman awhile ago and have been mostly posting on the forum there.
I get coaching for 6max reg sngs, but like pretty much all games. My ultimate goal is to make sngs my "job in pajamas" as Collin once told me.
My coach writes for WPT Magazine, we try to get together once a week but at this time we are both busy with our non poker jobs and connecting has been tricky. He has shown me a lot up till now so I have tons to work with in the mean time. I have continuously grown from the beginning of the coaching but still do run into some pit falls. Most would be of my own making and now with his help "most" have been just bad runs, like the one I'm in now. lol. I have even graced the pages of WPT myself do to a hand that I actually lost, nut flush to fullhouse. It was an article on hand reading and obviously I didn't do to well. But I will say I have learned from it.
Anyway to make this short I still receive cardschat emails and thought why not go back to where I started, so I got hold of dakota and told here I would like to do I dairy of my weekly play and post any hands I might question myself on.
So keep a lookout for my updates and hands that you all can help me with.

To start this off I'll tell you I have just moved up to the $10 games on tilt and have had a pretty good March on very low volume, it was better till this week but I have no complaints since most times I have been getting it in a head.
I'll start this with April and up date each week. Look forward for the comments and the help.

Run Good
XDIRTYDOGX

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome back and good luck in April!

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we have many from team moshman and students of team moshman here :)
welcome back , look forward to hearing more from you this time :) good luck

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cool, txs for the update, look forward to reading some hand and game analysis when u get around to it... GL!

XXXDIRTYDOGXXX

XXXDIRTYDOGXXX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks all,
My computer was down for the week just got it up and running yesterday, lost everything!!! A lot of pictures of my two pets that we just had to put to sleep and my trip to Disney from last month. Sucks ass!!!

On the poker front things might change soon, I'm looking at HU sngs. My coach has been busy with his non poker life and can't find time to get together with me so I asked TeamMoshman if I could use this time to get coaching for my HU game. I was told to play the micro stakes for the week and see if I like it. Seems the over under for players "thinking" about playing HU is 2 days and the coaches won't take anyone without them testing it for two weeks. And he refuses to torture his coaches any more. Two guesses who that was dakota lol.

So today was my first day at it:
17 games, on table at a time:
4 at $1 to get my feet wet, one win
13 at $2, won 9
Had trouble with one guy was 2/5 against him

Well tomorrow is a new day
Thanks and good luck all
Dirtydog

gnk2727

gnk2727

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome back and thanks for the update! Sounds like you might be finding a new niche with HU SNG as well. I've never much been a fan of playin HU but it would probably benefit me greatly to take some time and learn that aspect of the game better.

XXXDIRTYDOGXXX

XXXDIRTYDOGXXX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Second day at HU: not so good lol

21 at $2: 9 wins, with one loss due to power failure, I was winning and had beaten him the game before. lol
1 at $5: nope

what I could use is starting hand ranges for raising and calling and 3 betting.
Any one play this format?

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Second day at HU: not so good lol

21 at $2: 9 wins, with one loss due to power failure, I was winning and had beaten him the game before. lol
1 at $5: nope

what I could use is starting hand ranges for raising and calling and 3 betting.
Any one play this format?

depends on who you are going against....
tight passive...any 2 cards my range 80-90% with them

loose passive..about 60% range but fold to little junk cards...watch out for the checkers...some will check made straights, flushs, moster hands in hoping that you bet in to them...they will check all the way down to showdown.

tight aggressive...about 55% range but watch what person does post flop..if he strong or weak

loose-aggressive 40% range, small ball poker, keep pots small..pot control is a must against.

if you are having problem at the 2 dollars games you want to check what you are doing wrong.. I would not multi-table those that much

i would play 6 games a night and out of 6 will win 5.

Never rematch a person 2 times in a row that you lost too...just move on to the next person...

I hope this helps...if you want more info just ask me:D

XXXDIRTYDOGXXX

XXXDIRTYDOGXXX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank's look for me to be a pain in the ass lol.
I have been playing one table at a time. Last night just seems like I couldn't shake anyone from chasing anything, for a while thought I was playing limit.
thanks again

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank's look for me to be a pain in the ass lol.
I have been playing one table at a time. Last night just seems like I couldn't shake anyone from chasing anything, for a while thought I was playing limit.
thanks again

if people you were chasing alot of draws, then in that case i would just check it down to showdown......and bet my moster hands....on full tilt you get alot of that on the 1.10 , 2.20 dollar level...

XXXDIRTYDOGXXX

XXXDIRTYDOGXXX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks again

Here's my first hand of the day, my first sit down, turn on computer and let's play oh I wish it could be this easy. lol

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.15 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (2 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB (t1500)
Hero (SB) (t1500)

Hero's M: 50.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with A
club.gif
, A
heart.gif

Hero calls t10, BB bets t1500 (All-In), Hero calls t1480 (All-In)

Flop: (t3000) 10
heart.gif
, 5
diamond.gif
, J
spade.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t3000) 6
heart.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t3000) 10
club.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t3000

Results:
Hero had A
club.gif
, A
heart.gif
(two pair, Aces and tens).
BB had A
diamond.gif
, Q
spade.gif
(one pair, tens).
Outcome: Hero won t3000

_dogmeat

_dogmeat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's always room for one more dog :D

About HU SNGs:

Long-ball vs nits
Small-ball vs stations & LAGs

Good article on long ball and small ball:
http://www.husng.com/content/long-ball-vs-small-ball-which-strategy-suits-you-best

Dammit, I had a lot of notes but I seem to have moved them somewhere.

Anyway, just some general pointers:
1. Don't try to multitable yet. Maaaaybe if you're playing the same person.
2. 3betting range:
88+,ATs+,AJo+ (This is more than 40 BB deep. Anything less than that and the ranges change significantly)
3.Good post on 3/4 betting in HUSNGs:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/185/heads-up-sng/3bet-4bet-theory-950476/
4. It's very, very important how deep you are. I'm pretty sure you know it, since you're an SNG player, but still, some people don't seem to understand it. It's important to stay aggressive when you are less than 15 BB deep. Most people become way too passive.
5. Some misc links:
http://www.husng.com/content/what-stats-are-best
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/1...oll-where-should-quick-check-hands-go-887254/ -- lots of info here

Hope that's enough for now.

danprince10

danprince10

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks again

Here's my first hand of the day, my first sit down, turn on computer and let's play oh I wish it could be this easy. lol

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.15 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (2 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB (t1500)
Hero (SB) (t1500)

Hero's M: 50.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with A
club.gif
, A
heart.gif

Hero calls t10, BB bets t1500 (All-In), Hero calls t1480 (All-In)

Flop: (t3000) 10
heart.gif
, 5
diamond.gif
, J
spade.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t3000) 6
heart.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t3000) 10
club.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t3000

Results:
Hero had A
club.gif
, A
heart.gif
(two pair, Aces and tens).
BB had A
diamond.gif
, Q
spade.gif
(one pair, tens).
Outcome: Hero won t3000

Wouldn't it be nice... ;)

XXXDIRTYDOGXXX

XXXDIRTYDOGXXX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you VERY VERY much _dogmeat that will come in handy.

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's always room for one more dog :D

About HU SNGs:

Long-ball vs nits
Small-ball vs stations & LAGs

Good article on long ball and small ball:
http://www.husng.com/content/long-ball-vs-small-ball-which-strategy-suits-you-best

Dammit, I had a lot of notes but I seem to have moved them somewhere.

Anyway, just some general pointers:
1. Don't try to multitable yet. Maaaaybe if you're playing the same person.
2. 3betting range:
88+,ATs+,AJo+ (This is more than 40 BB deep. Anything less than that and the ranges change significantly)
3.Good post on 3/4 betting in HUSNGs:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/185/heads-up-sng/3bet-4bet-theory-950476/
4. It's very, very important how deep you are. I'm pretty sure you know it, since you're an SNG player, but still, some people don't seem to understand it. It's important to stay aggressive when you are less than 15 BB deep. Most people become way too passive.
5. Some misc links:
http://www.husng.com/content/what-stats-are-best
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/1...oll-where-should-quick-check-hands-go-887254/ -- lots of info here

Hope that's enough for now.

So I'm guessing that your a husng.com member as well:p

_dogmeat

_dogmeat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dreams of Tragedy said:
So I'm guessing that your a husng.com member as well:p

Nope, not really. I was thinking about it, but thought it's just not feasible at this stage of my HUSNG career. If I had reached the $5's, then probably, yeah. Up until then - just read the forums and watch the free videos.

XXXDIRTYDOGXXX

XXXDIRTYDOGXXX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so heres my update on HU sngs:
Weds: 7 wins out of 12
Thurs: 7 wins out of 18

not too good
Thursday first 3 games was against an idiot that shove every hand right from the first hand so I waited for something to call with and was in good on each but like always they get paid off.
Oh well keep bangin away

_dogmeat

_dogmeat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so heres my update on HU sngs:
Weds: 7 wins out of 12
Thurs: 7 wins out of 18

not too good
Thursday first 3 games was against an idiot that shove every hand right from the first hand so I waited for something to call with and was in good on each but like always they get paid off.
Oh well keep bangin away

Yeah, that happens a lot. That's why it's so important to keep grinding. Are you playing the regular speeds?