Dealt in on big blind.

G

gtrippp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
every time i register late 4 a tourney & it says that i have 2 wait 4 the bb, they seat me at a table rite b4 the big blind, so i have 2 wait 4 the bb 2 cum all the way back around the table b4 i can play. is that how it's supposed 2 be, or just bad luck?

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How is that bad? You get to see how people play without being biased to your own cards for 6-8 hands without losing any chips. If you just wanna register and get cards right away then you might not have the mindset for long tourneys

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In theory you get whichever seat is free so it's random whether you get the cutoff, UTG, between the blinds or any other seat.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
every time i register late 4 a tourney & it says that i have 2 wait 4 the bb, they seat me at a table rite b4 the big blind, so i have 2 wait 4 the bb 2 cum all the way back around the table b4 i can play. is that how it's supposed 2 be, or just bad luck?
Simple fix, just don't register late, and if you do register late you have to put up with what your given, I often register late for tourneys, and like ben_rhyno said, " You get to see how people play without being biased to your own cards for 6-8 hands without losing any chips", that gives you a free look at the way some ppl that you will be playing with play their hands, and for 1 round of the blinds you may get an idea of some of their ranges, one round of the blinds doesn't give you a hell of a lot to go by, but it is something that you normally don't get when you register before the start of the tourney.

Good luck. :cool:

B

bigjoker66

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thats how it is supposed to be. Same when you sit at a ring game, but there they let you post the blind except from the small blind or button.

Using numbers instead of words is really annoying by the way.

G

gtrippp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW, i thought another site was full of poker snobs, but this one takes the cake! all i did was ask one simple question, & i get a bunch of smart alecs who are obviously poker pros that should be grinding on the tables instead of wasting their precious time answering questions by ppl like me. i wasn't bitchin about it. i was simply asking if that's how it always is.
@ben rhyno: i could do the same thing w/ my own cards in front of me. not have the mindset 4 long tourneys? really? u really had 2 insult me just cuz i asked a question? i've folded hands 4 over an hour many times waiting 4 a playable hand in a long tourney. i constantly place in top couple hundred of tourneys w/ 1000's of ppl (low stakes, like DD on FTP - i'm no pro). i def think i at least have the mindset 2 play long tourneys.
@OzExorcist: that's what i kinda thought. that's why i wondered why i was always being sat in the seat furthest from the next bb. thanks 4 the reply.
@zorba: "just don't register late". sigh. like i said, i was just asking a question. it's not like it's that big a deterrence, or else i wouldn't register late.
@bigjoker: i'm sorry my purpose in life is not 2 avoid annoying u, but i type as fast as my chicken pecks allow me, usually cuz i'm posting while i'm in 2 or 3 tourneys. plus, i'm used 2 texting where u have 2 save space. welcome 2 this century my friend.
i'm sorry i had 2 reply in this manner, but i really don't think it's right 4 ppl 2 talk down 2 ppl that are honestly asking questions. i thought that's what this forum was meant 4. if this is sum advanced players forum, then i apologize 4 wasting everyone's time. if that's the case, tho, then it should be labeled as such.

TopJimmy99

TopJimmy99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In theory you get whichever seat is free so it's random whether you get the cutoff, UTG, between the blinds or any other seat.

Yeah they just seat you according to table openings, and maybe when they rearrange tables due to knockouts they give players who are currently playing the seats you're complaining about not getting. They have to seat in some sort of order, so sounds like you've just had some unlucky seating experiences.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are new posters so touchy so often?!

H

hawtshawt420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get it. They put him behind the button and make him wait wait all the way until his BB comes around. Every time I register late I get cards immediately (unless Sb). Same when I get moved. Do I just not pay attention. I just thought if I wasn't between the Button and the BB then I get cards in a tourney.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to happen on Full Tilt, they make you wait for the BB. Never seems to happen on PS. Couldn't say for other sites.

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the options menu on ft
there is an option to
'wait for big blind by default'
if you untick this
you have the option to post big blind
as soon as you enter the game.
not sure if this just applies to cash games tho.
advice i've read says it is a good idea
to wait b4 posting big blind
so you can observe players.
gl all

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's just for cash games, I wait to post Big Blind so I can a) have time to open more tables and b) not waste BBs when I don't need to because of impatience.

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats actually a good thing instead of rushing right in there without a clue of whats going on

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WOW, i thought another site was full of poker snobs, but this one takes the cake! all i did was ask one simple question, & i get a bunch of smart alecs who are obviously poker pros that should be grinding on the tables instead of wasting their precious time answering questions by ppl like me. i wasn't bitchin about it. i was simply asking if that's how it always is.
@ben rhyno: i could do the same thing w/ my own cards in front of me. not have the mindset 4 long tourneys? really? u really had 2 insult me just cuz i asked a question? i've folded hands 4 over an hour many times waiting 4 a playable hand in a long tourney. i constantly place in top couple hundred of tourneys w/ 1000's of ppl (low stakes, like DD on FTP - i'm no pro). i def think i at least have the mindset 2 play long tourneys.
@OzExorcist: that's what i kinda thought. that's why i wondered why i was always being sat in the seat furthest from the next bb. thanks 4 the reply.
@zorba: "just don't register late". sigh. like i said, i was just asking a question. it's not like it's that big a deterrence, or else i wouldn't register late.
@bigjoker: i'm sorry my purpose in life is not 2 avoid annoying u, but i type as fast as my chicken pecks allow me, usually cuz i'm posting while i'm in 2 or 3 tourneys. plus, i'm used 2 texting where u have 2 save space. welcome 2 this century my friend.
i'm sorry i had 2 reply in this manner, but i really don't think it's right 4 ppl 2 talk down 2 ppl that are honestly asking questions. i thought that's what this forum was meant 4. if this is sum advanced players forum, then i apologize 4 wasting everyone's time. if that's the case, tho, then it should be labeled as such.

Wow, you take that attitude everywhere? You posted, people responded. You speak of insulting (?) answers, but dont seem to notice your own insulting tone. Lighten up...... There were more than enough answers to your question.

Players of every level are of course welcome here. This is home to many low to mid stake players who do not do it for a living (much more so than a place where pros spend their free time) and I believe this is more than apparent.

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how can u expect ppl 2 agree w/ u when you're asking a question?

Although you asked a question you made a point of saying that it was a negative thing. The consensus was that it was actually a positive. I don't think anyone was insulting to you and your response was rude and antagonistic. I think in ANY century this would be so.