Daniel Negreanu's favourite hand

B

BullWink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On several videos, I've heard Daniel Nagrano claim that 10-7 is his Favorite hand. Why do you think he makes this claim? Some of my possible thoughts are:
- it tells his opponent that he has a very wide range of starting cards he will play. Thus it will make it much harder for them to put him on a hand
- It psyches out his opponent who probably has favorite hand AA or KK.
- He has won in the past and now he is "superstitious" about this hand

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought his favorite hand was 10-9 suited? :(

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
- It psyches out his opponent who probably has favorite hand AA or KK.

KK? favorite hand of who? AA is the favorite one if you want to win preflop and if you want to play postflop could be any suited connectors but not pocket kings!

funny thread never heard about T7 personally i don´t see much more in this particular hand

:pepsi: (like this smiley) :)

gus201

gus201

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What ever his favorite hand may be I think it is very profitable for him. he has the ablility to get them to pay him off when he hit them hands and they cant read him. Plus He has contral over how he plays the hands and when to play them .

Hes not just randomly looking to see if he hits the hand but playing the hand for a reason against certain players while not playing them against others.

T

Teofealter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not surprised. While maybe Mr. Negreanu won many hands with his 10-7 hand, Mr. Doyle Brunson won 2 wsop Championship Main Events, in 1976 and 1977 both with his would be favorite cards 10-2.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
He talked about this once on TV. I think it was the ways to make a straight are hard for an opponent to put him on 10-7. He likes to be disguised in the middle range.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think his favourite hand is A2.He can push with this hand on the pre flop,and never lose chance to play this hand.

Ducbim

Ducbim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think overall Negreanu like to play medium suit connectors and T7s is among those hands. Maybe he had a lot of luck with this particular hands. However some books do not suggest players to play double-gap suited hand like T7s. Imagine the flop come J 9 8, you think you have the nuts, but its only the 2nd best after QT, and it will be hard for you not to be stacked off in this situation. Personally when I play connectors and flop straight, I want to be sure that I have the best hand.

M

misko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see one video on you tube when hi call the all in whit T7, and hi say that he can not fold that hand.

M

mrmochapb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10-7 i saw one at the wsop when he mentioned it

M

mrmochapb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and yea especially wen a straight draw comes on the board and someone has a big pr he pshycs them out

D

da_goat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suited connectors are great, but they can cost you a lot as well, especially when you have a 10 high flush and the other has ace high.

sandund

sandund

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to this interview,
D.N. : "... jokingly talk about 10-7 offsuit being my favorite hand because I've been ridiculously lucky with it, but I wouldn't play it any differently because of that. It's coincidence."

L

love that omaha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As much as I like Negreanu I have watched most of the season's of High Stakes Poker and he must have lost 4 or 5 million in those shows. Obviously, he had some sick coolers go against him but he also just played poorly a lot of the time. One of top 5 tourney players ever but its just painful to watch him as a fan - one season he lost 400k to Matusow who never wins on those shows. Ok back to 10 7 - garbage - enough said lol

tignutz

tignutz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually like those inbetweeners as i call em, especially if i get em in BB or dealer position.

nsinalis11

nsinalis11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite hand is AA i dont think there are better cards to hold!

B

benspocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well it doesn`t matter what is favorite hand is i love watching him play he is a great player but all pro`s favorite hands dont work for me and as far as aa being the best hand to have well i`ve seen them get cracked a whole lot i myself like sueted connectors

O

oooo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jason Sommerville favorite hand is 3 and 5 of clubs. He talks about it when it became his favourite hand, it's a little odd story, but it might give you some clues on how Daniel got that hand to become "his favorite hand".

Search in youtube for the run it up series, in one of the episodes he talks about it.

D

da_goat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jason Sommerville favorite hand is 3 and 5 of clubs. He talks about it when it became his favourite hand, it's a little odd story, but it might give you some clues on how Daniel got that hand to become "his favorite hand".

Search in youtube for the run it up series, in one of the episodes he talks about it.

3 5. I have heard others refer to it as "wrecking ball"

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think He has won in the past and now he is "superstitious" about this hand

PokerplayerSpy

PokerplayerSpy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he is following one of his mentors Doyle Brunson who is known for winning millions playing the dreaded 27o Doyle even dedicates entire chapters in his books to playing this single hand. All of Doyle's books are like reading something from the wild west and are full of lessons that carry more tenure than any other. It amazes me how Doyle seemingly remebers every hand he has ever played. grab one of his books and I challenge you to put it down before you finish it- "pure gold Jerry- pure gold"

V

vinest

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Naggano very experienced player who has played a lot of tournament. I think the experience and success that showed his cards is 10 and 7,

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands