daniel is still one of the best players around playing live

Telboy

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isildur may be better HU, but ring games, live, online different types (NL,FL,PL) I think DN still has a big advantage.
His hand reading skills are 2nd to none also.

B

BabyAcey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, he can read your hand like no other! But it still doesn't stop him from calling, it cracks me up, he'll read exactly what his opponent has , he knows he beat but he can't resist calling, lol too funny! Major respect for DN!

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice candid discussion from DN. If anyone can figure out VB, DN can.

gnk2727

gnk2727

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel sure is a class act. Takes his lumps very well. Can't say we'd be hearing the same from Phil Hellmuth....that guy doesnt know how to lose classy...

A

akaCLINT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Respect to DN...
Probably this only goes for the game played...

GL all

aC

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel should quit while only $150k behind.

dadogg

dadogg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy watching DN play. I have yet to see him go off on anyone no matter what the situation. He shows and gets respect at every move

KoRnholio

KoRnholio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DN should try to get him to play some mixed games, rather than just NLH ;)

takethepain

takethepain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very hard to acknowledge someone being better than you. None-the-less it is a very important skill to have as if you think you are the best and are only losing cause of 'bad luck' then you are never going to play better are you?

Well done DN, you have shown why you are one of my favourite players.

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has VB made any comment about this Superstar Showdown?

PS - what a lazy article...150 words then copy and past from DN's blog...journalism is alive and well I see!

laidlow

laidlow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big respect to DN for coming out - I agree with what others said though, he's a force to be reckoned with live and his reads are amazing!

Atticus22

Atticus22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
daniel is just in a slump right now...
I'll take him over is-a-donk any time.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If you seriously think DN should be favored over Blom HU online I might take some of that action. I have a great deal of respect for Daniel's willingness to work on his game and he is one of the games best ambassadors but he's not in Blom's class right now and he admitted such.

Salty Mouse

Salty Mouse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel sure is a class act. Takes his lumps very well. Can't say we'd be hearing the same from Phil Hellmuth....that guy doesnt know how to lose classy...

I don't know .... I'm wondering why he felt the need to tell us he won most of what he lost back within 24 hours. And named the names of those he was playing to do it.

It feels like insecurity to me.

But I agree that Kid Poker is more good natured than most, generally speaking.

F_the_W

F_the_W

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel is a very good player and a very good lier wich is awsome!

SYWTWAF

SYWTWAF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel has always spoken candidly about the rising standard of play following the popularity of online poker, and about how critical it is for players who made a name for themselves pre-boom to keep up with the game if they don't wish for it to pass them by. He does his best to stay in the loop, but openly acknowledges that many internet superstars are technically better than him (and a lot of other "old school" players), particularly at cash games. I respect him for that.

onebourbon

onebourbon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Viktor "Isildur1" Blom and Daniel Negreanu

It's time again time for Viktor "Isildur1" Blom and Daniel Negreanu to sit down with $150,000 each at four $50/$100 No Limit Holdem tables and play 2,500 hands (or until someone has lost his entire bankroll). Daniel Negreanu lost the previous match in just 1439 hands and wrote on twitter that he was extremely unlucky, is very hungry for revenge and probably better prepared this time.

3pm today.....should be interesting :)

Go Daniel!!!!!!!! :party:

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Sure. I'll give you evens, however much you want then. You take Daniel, I'll have "is-a-donk". How much shall we say? $50?

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If yall do that it might be a good idea to ship both party's $ to a mod if there cool with that...just saying.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel undoubtably is one of the best players in the world, noone disputes that.

However, HU ONLINE 4 tables vs isildur is a no go for him. Any other format over best sample size of hands in 9max cash or number of tournament modes Daniel would fair far better. HU online 4 tables just isn't daniels cup of tea.

If they played one table live headsup I'm sure he would give isildur a run for his money, his live abilities are far more advanced than isildur.

G

gtrippp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DN is playing Isildur's game. If it was live poker, DN would crush him. And I think the reason DN calls a lot of times when he knows he is beat is just to see if his read was right. I think getting the read right is more important to him than losing some money. Plus, if he sees that he IS reading the guy right, then that will help him win a lot more money off of the guy later in the match. I also didn't see the need for him to mention the names of the guys he won back some of his money off of. He does have an ego, and I guess it was already hard on him to admit that Isildur was the better player, so he had to compensate for that by bringing up the fact that he won back some of the money he lost, and mentioned names so ppl would know he was telling the truth. He is still my fav player, but I don't know if he'll ever be able to beat Isildur online multi-tabling. BTW, as a few days ago, Isildur was down 500k so far this year. I guess that 150k he took off of DN helped, but I wonder where he's at for the year now.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really don't see the big deal about Daniel telling who he beat after the Blom wipeout. PTR, HSDB etc cover this anyways. It isn't like they are playing in a private game or something. Besides, I am a DN fan but he always puts everything (including things we wish we didn't know like certain shaving habits :eek: ) out there. That's just the way he is. He seems honest to a fault in that regard.

I wish him luck but I think Blom is going to crush him again. I think Daniel would have a much better chance in a live environment but either way Viktor is a beast.