This considered illegal or just annoying?

Elivo

Elivo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was playing in one of the step sng on UB , made it to the final 3 at the table, when the other 2 started feeding each other what they were holding in the pocket. Doing it right in the game chat. They were only doing it if i was out of the hand and they were heads up against each other.
Not sure if this is something that is against the rules or not, either way seems like a crap thing to do.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely against the rules, if you have the tourney number you should report it, they will prob be disqualified and the ones that went out should advance.

rounder22

rounder22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow these players sound real smart, yea definitely report it as already posted above me.

Elivo

Elivo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i sent a message to support at UB, included the players names and the tourny number and told them what happen.
It was only a 10c buy in step game but its more the point of it going on.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
collusion. team playing. against the rules.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it illegal for someone under 18 to play in a freeroll and win and build a roll up and cash out when there 18? Remember they never did gamble in the first place since it don't cost nothing to play in a freeroll.

C00T

C00T

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheating is against the rules and this is cheating.

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
!!!

Report this to UB support asap,it was clearly a major violation!!Collusion and open cheating!!!!

FatBasset

FatBasset

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with your decision to report the behavior to support. Please post the response from UB when you receive it.

CntryBoys

CntryBoys

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that is considered collusion and definitely against the rules

Peteyweestro

Peteyweestro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To the original poster, you said that it was only a 10 cent buy-in but if those ass hats would be willing to cheat in that small of a game then imagine what they would be willing to do for a $5 buy-in, hell probably sell their own mothers, so yes please let us all know what UB does about this :(

Elivo

Elivo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a reply from UB telling me they are going to review the chat logs from the game. Other then that still waiting. Shouldnt be hard to pick up, it was in open chat and they did it about 4 or 5 times.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's UB, do you really expect them to do anything?

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Report them asap. go i hate coluders, and there is loads out there i presume

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
UB security > a lot of sites.

You obv are jaded by mob mentality and dont actually play UB I bet?

Can you blame anyone for not wanting to play there?

S

slimez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is indeed considered collusion. I would report as soon as possible. Who knows, maybe they will forfeit their winnings and you take 1st (assuming you didnt already take it down).

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hahaha, funny you say this because apparently someone else had a name that was similar to mine on UB and now for some reason I have to get a new one. Nothing dirty just something along the lines of deadly silent 88 or something like that but Ive sent an email to support with three suggestions of new usernames twice and still have not heard back from them.

Long story short your right UB support is horrible and at a 10c game I doubt they do very much if anything.

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i thought UB was dead and buried
after the 'potripper' episode.
why play at a site where
you KNOW there are cheats ?
or was that absolute poker?
are they the same site ?

Last edited:
FatBasset

FatBasset

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Collusion happens everywhere. Don't forget pokerstars had a problems with collusion in its Sit N Gos.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Have you dealt with UB support? I haven't but I've read many threads where peeps (mtt regs.) say that UB support is actually very good.

gnk2727

gnk2727

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ROFL Ultimate Bet!

Can't believe the nerve of some people though. Cheating in a .10 cent game absolutely ludicrous...

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

UB security > a lot of sites.

You obv are jaded by mob mentality and dont actually play UB I bet?

May not be illegal on UB.

Hahaha, funny you say this because apparently someone else had a name that was similar to mine on UB and now for some reason I have to get a new one. Nothing dirty just something along the lines of deadly silent 88 or something like that but Ive sent an email to support with three suggestions of new usernames twice and still have not heard back from them.

Long story short your right UB support is horrible and at a 10c game I doubt they do very much if anything.

It is interesting that people post things when they do not have the first idea what they are talking about. I personally do not care if you like UB, or do not, for all the good and bad reasons you can find.

But if you are actually interested in real facts:

UB security is actually quite good at least in the past year. If I personally had a problem with cheaters and I could choose between UB and FTP security I would go with UB, although FTP has been improving. The facts are that UB has been terminating many accounts of colluders, cheaters, trading thieves, etc. They have really gone after people who cheat in satellites. UB Security has also been very helpful in many cases of returning funds to the rightful owners when they are caught up in a trading scam where they sent funds on UB.

As I said, hate UB if you want, but not based on lies and misinformation

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll say it again: despite any of that, can you really blame anyone for not wanting to play on UB?

There are loads of different poker sites to choose from. UB / Absolute are about the only ones that have been involved in a massive cheating scandal perpetrated by the site's owners and employees. For what they allowed to happen they deserve to go out of business.

The fact that they might have cleaned up their act now doesn't invalidate anyone wanting to punish them for their past actions by denying them business. We're not obliged to give them a second chance - I'd argue they don't even deserve one.

They also only have themselves to blame if nobody knows that they've "gotten better". The fact is they put a heap of energy into sweeping the scandal under the rug rather than dealing with it. Their message has never been "we're sorry, those responsible have been punished and we're doing thing better now". Instead, near as I can tell their PR efforts have largely been focussed on just hoping we'll forget about the whole thing, or that new customers won't have heard about it in the first place.

Cliff notes: they don't deserve another chance and even if they did, they've never told us why.