eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That would be an unexpected source of income for me. I already have won enough on other sites to replace my AP/UB bankroll, so I have considered the funds already written off. To get two small checks would be a good day indeedy.

G

genleemb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is interesting news ... I too wrote off my UB and AP roll a long time ago.

Not that this makes me think I'm getting anything back yet. Last I heard their liabilities was huge and their assets was small.

soncheebs

soncheebs

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What us the first link supposed to be...it just takes me to scottrade.com???

soncheebs

soncheebs

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"The proposal comes just days before the October 31 deadline by which Blanca has to file a claim for assets seized by the DOJ." From the second linked article.

Sounds to me like they might just be posturing, just because they proposed a way to do something, doesn't mean it will get done...and the deadline is a few days from the proposal, I'd be surprised if anyone saw more than .30/dollar...if that.

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I think that the world of online poker will be a better place without this particular establishment.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can't believe you cynical bastids think UB/ Absolute might be posturing. I told my banker I'd be making my house payments as soon as AB's check got here & he was fine with it.:rolleyes:

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What us the first link supposed to be...it just takes me to scottrade.com???

Maybe he's an affiliate of scottrade :rolleyes:

I'd be surprised if anyone saw more than .30/dollar...if that.

I'll take .30/dollar. Better than .00/dollar.

Absolute Poker was my first poker site in the good old days before F'n Frist's UIGEA. Still have a soft spot in my heart for it despite everything.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey if it's really .30/1$ I'd get 60$ .... the 180$ I have there I considered being a total loss / never played there since BF and won't ever again.

I would visit the site once again just to withdraw though.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I had begrudgingly written it off ....

$$$

Potential Solution Submitted for consideration and approval.

When the money is in my hands I'll believe it, until then a potential solution and consideration for approval is of little value but at least there is a possibility of players receiving their funds.

Fantastic news if it happens.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have less than 10 dollars on AP left over from 2006, do you think they would pay it to me or is it too little?

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
DANG and on black friday I blew my whole roll on both sites trying to hit the BBJ.

this news is kind of surprising

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DANG and on black friday I blew my whole roll on both sites trying to hit the BBJ.

this news is kind of surprising

LOL on Black Friday I kept withdrawing and cancelling the withdrawal from Absolute Poker trying to decide if I wanted my money in payment processor limbo or on the site. Finally decided to leave it on the site.

http://www.pokernewsreport.com/absolute-poker-and-ub-finally-promised-reimbursement-5672
Finally, the KGC added that their “foremost concern” during the long months without any positive developments has been to return US and non-US players’ funds “as quickly and completely as possible”.

FTP vs AP - who will get the players' money returned first?

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seeing is believing and I don't see any new money in my pocket.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't even remember how much I had on either one, so it couldn't be much. But it would be nice for anyone who had a considerable amount to get back some if not all. Good luck...

illphillllllll

illphillllllll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
news is good i guess but i wouldn't get my hopes up. even if cereus is sold i don't feel like i would be paid my money though.

soncheebs

soncheebs

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I think this is a good thing in more than one way.

1. people will get SOME money back from one of the shadiest sites on the internet.

2. the fact that kahnawake is going to go further in the red to give some of the money back, points towards an even more impending all-over US legalization (why would they pay back anything unless they were intending to still operate or operate in the future with good estimated growth.?)