Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More Pros at Cardschat!

We are honored and excited to have pokerstars Team Pro Vanessa Rousso joining us at Cardschat! She will be in this thread for 1 hour answering questions from our members.

Date: Sunday, May 19
Time: 4:00pm ET

***Edit - Vanessa will be stopping by as she can to answer your questions!

I will open this thread 1 week before Vanessa will be here so that some of you can get some questions in early. You can also post questions during the hour she is here - Vanessa will try to answer as many questions as possible in that 1 hour time frame.

What kind of questions can you ask? You can ask her questions about her poker career, about poker itself, you can ask her non-poker questions - anything you want as long as it is respectful and in good taste.

I feel confident that our members will be respectful and ask great questions. However moderators will be deleting any posts/questions that are not in good taste.
smile.gif

In an effort to share as much as possible with us Vanessa may skip posts that are irrelevant etc in order to get to as many good questions as possible.

Start thinking about what you want to ask her now!

Meanwhile if you want to discuss this exciting event you can do so here:

Welcome Vanessa Rousso, Chris Moneymaker, and Jason Mercier to Cardschat!

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can start asking Vanessa questions now!

sweetlew09

sweetlew09

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think about the current state of poker now? In a few years will poker as a profession still be possible with so many young up and coming players?

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello, Vanessa

thank for for coming to cardchat.

as a successful player both online and live tournament.

would u share some tips about the difference, as from your opinion, between online play and live play? [except for multi-tabling]

and

one more question:

any tips about how to release stress and pressure, before big game, during big games, and after big games?

thank you.

Last edited:
A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Objectively speaking, do you feel as though RIGHT NOW you are playing at a world-class level in high buy in MTTs? (2500US +)

Do you think the mark up asked for/apparently received by many pro MTTers is warranted these days considering the tightening skill edges in NLH MTT play?

Do you/have you ever played HORSE, 8 game or other mixed games at decent stakes? If so, which is your favorite and least favorite LIMIT games in the regular mix?

Do you play cash at all?

This one may or may not be intrusive or something you want to answer, but I am curious as an expert in standardized test prepping what your LSAT was.....

Why Univ. of Miami Law school? Apart from Coral Gables of course (my aunt is an undergrad alum).

How many Duke home basketball games did you attend as a student?

J

jasonv12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is so cool! :)

I would like to know if she has any recommendations for players in the US who are just getting their start in online poker now after all the major US site shutdowns and everything.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why did you call a 4 bet preflop with J6 and proceed to call down? What was your thinking?

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Vanessa,I had seen your go daddy commercial were you do that eyeball double shuffle thing & thought it was so funny.Have you ever done that @ the tables to mess with players ? LOL

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Vanessa,
What poker poker books would you recommend for online poker?

Would you play in one of our games?

How do you past the time in a long MTT game?

How do you deal with being card dead?

How should one deal with a LAG player, that you can't get a read on, and at the same time you're card dead?

How many times do you go with your gut feeling over the reads at the table?

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. You liken Sun Tzu's Art of War to the way you approach poker. Can you give us a few examples?

2. Was your win in the EPT High Roller Championship a life changing thing? And how?

3. Do you enjoy teaching? Has teaching improved your game? And how?

4. Did you know that I'm only 29 years older than you? That's all...
wink.gif

-

LCDaBoss

LCDaBoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you name top three female poker players in your eyes?

A

A9ofHearts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for coming to CardsChat.
Have you ever have problems with bankroll management, and if so what did you do to overcome it?
Thanks

Wolfpack43ACC

Wolfpack43ACC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Worst pick up line you've had spewed at you at the poker table?

2. What is your biggest superstition if any before or during a big poker tournament?

3. If you could change one rule in poker what would it be and why?

4. Not only in regards to the game of poker, but in regards to the overall game of life who do you look up to or admire most in the poker community?

5. If you were forced to give up poker and had to choose another game of skill to master what would it be and why?

6. Through all the good beats, bad beats and down right awful beats what is the one beat that still wrenches your gut when you think back on it to this day?

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Vanessa!

First of all, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to spend this time with us—what an honor!

There are so many questions I’d like to ask, but for now here are a few:

I just ordered Heads-Up Tournament Poker, the book you co-authored with Annie Duke and Josh Doody. How did that collaboration work, practically speaking? Did the three of you work mostly online, or did you meet in person? How did you determine the format of the book? Finally, how long did the process take?

Your poker boot camps for women have been wildly popular. In your experience, does gender make a difference at the poker table these days?

What, to date, is the most memorable poker moment of your poker career?

In closing, what do you feel is the best advice for women who are playing poker today?

Thanks again for being here,

Lark

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Vanessa !
Great to have you here !
You had so many big triumphs and successes, do you still enjoy your wins ? :)
Will you play / represent our great game poker "forever" or are there some other plans for the future ?
Do you still have/take the time for some study stuff (books, forums, videos) ?
Thanks for being here !
Daniel

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Vanessa - thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to spend an hour here with our members!

What are some things you love to do when you are not playing poker? (If such a time exists lol) For example other hobbies etc.

If you had never discovered poker - what do you imagine you might be doing now instead of playing poker professionally for a living?

Do you prefer to play live or online?

We know who some of your closest female poker player friends are - what about the guys? Who do you like to hang out with?

hobonc

hobonc

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Vanessa, welcome to Cardschat and thank you for taking time to chat with us!

Could you please talk a little about your method of reading other people? Which tells seem to work out right for you? Which tells do you look for? Are there any which correlate to you being a pretty woman?

I wish you continued good success and good luck at the wsop.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Vanessa, thank you for joining us.

Once again the UB scandal has reared it's ugly head with the release this past week by Travis Makar of the Russ Hamilton recordings. In the tapes it is strongly implied that Annie Duke knew of the existence of the Super User account which enabled the user to view players hole cards in real time. She admitted on her Twitter account of having used it on a time delay to comment on tournaments she hosted. At Lock Poker celebrity sponsors such as Michael Mizrachi and Annette Obrestad continued to promote the site and encouraged players to deposit money even when it was clear the site had no way or intention of ever paying them back.

My Question is this. Do you feel that poker pros sponsored now or in the past by sites like Lock, UB, Full Tilt or Pokerstars have any obligation to continue to promote dishonest sites once they are aware of their activities?

This isn't an easy question as you are under contract. Outing your employer may in fact make it more difficult for players to get paid back. Is it ever permissible to let some indiscretions slide? After all, even poker stars, the gold standard of on-line poker sites has some skeletons in its closet. What's your feeling on this? Collect a paycheck and keep quiet or burn it all down? Or maybe something in between.

Thanks.

P.S. you look great in a bikini.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Vanessa!

Having been heavily involved in the movement to have on-line poker made legal once more throughout the US, how soon do you realistically think it might be before that happens?

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll get in on this one.

First off. Hello! And welcome to our community!

Onto the questions -

1. What would you say your top 5 hobbies are at the moment? (excluding poker if you view it as such)

2. How does the Lambo handle?

3. Might be a long shot but. If you've ever had a cast, which objects work best to reach the itchy places?

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It looks like Vanessa may have gotten her schedule mixed up too. I will let you guys know when she can get in here.

Last edited:
C

credsfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I may be wrong but did you stay with Vanessa Selbst, Liv Boeree, and Annie Duke at the last WSOP? I heard that you guys tried to pitch a show on your experiences at the WSOP. Is this correct? I think it would be a great show and that you guys should attempt to make it again this year. It kind of reminds me of 2 Months 2 Million with Jay Rosenkratz.

masondub

masondub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Vanessa! Thanks for stopping by and answering some of our questions!

How often would you say that you cash in live tournaments?

How often would you say that you cash in online tournaments?

How often do you play cash games? How often do you play tournaments?

What do you prefer online or live and why?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi Vanessa.
Thanks for doing this for us! Good Luck in the SCOOP Series!

Every Sunday some Cardschat members play in a private tourney on Pokerstars (buyin $5 with $50added to the prizepool). It sure would be great if you could come out & join us in the game this coming weekend Sun. May 26 13:00 ET).
It starts 1.5hrs. before the SCOOP MainEvent (so... maybe a good 'warm-up' lol).

I know that many of us would be THRILLED if you came out to join us!

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She'll show. Eventually.

I hope...

Pweeze show, Vanessa?

7582720_4794.jpg