Can Someone Share A Little Knowlege Pls?

Hanagis

Hanagis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone I wanted to know about other players and how they would go about certain situations. . Im from Ontario so if theres any 1 in the same time zone or similar that is free and would like to help out i would love to hear from yah. I found that just by asserting myself and paying attention, with patience has really helped improve my game.

theres alot of things i would love help with:

-properly using my Hud to help me determine the right decision to be made in situations
-how to put a player on a range
-review of games

It can help your game by teaching which will be great for advancing your skill, and can really help me pik up some new skills and geta chance to meet someone whos enjoyment of the game is at the same lvl as I. So if u happen to have an understanding of these topics and can lend a hand i would truly appreciate it. I know i can become a great player with some work and dedication, in a short time ive already improved my game and changed the way i played. I believe with a little help and someone who shares this interest with me, can take me to that next level.

if any of yahs wanna share some Knowledge i would love to hear it!

Thanks Cardschat!

heroinsnattaren

heroinsnattaren

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Putting someone on a range is easily explained, but requires lots of practice.

Basically, when you start out a hand you put everyone at the table at any hand, then remove the hands that don't make sense with the actions they make. Let's say you're playing someone who has always been very tight and they open raise in a middle position. You can put them on AA, KK, JJ, TT, 99, AK, AQ, AJ, ATs. Maybe some other hands too, but lets stick with these for now. Everyone folds up to you in the big blind and you decide to call with your :kh4: :jc4:.

So you see a flop and it's :9h4: :2c4: :jd4:

Now your opponent bets half pot. What does this tell you? Assuming he isn't bluffing you can draw some conclusions from this bet. You can remove AK, AQ, ATs from his possible hands leaving him in the range AA, KK, JJ, TT, 99, AJ. Then you compare your hand to his range and see if it's worth it to continue. You have the top pair, but all the hands he can have in this position except TT beats you, so you fold.

Of course in this scenario it's most likely a continuation bet and doesn't tell you much at all about his hand, but it's just to explain the concept of ranges. And also you need to consider pot odds and all that stuff, but again, it's just for explaining ranges.

Hanagis

Hanagis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Putting someone on a range is easily explained, but requires lots of practice.

Basically, when you start out a hand you put everyone at the table at any hand, then remove the hands that don't make sense with the actions they make. Let's say you're playing someone who has always been very tight and they open raise in a middle position. You can put them on AA, KK, JJ, TT, 99, AK, AQ, AJ, ATs. Maybe some other hands too, but lets stick with these for now. Everyone folds up to you in the big blind and you decide to call with your :kh4: :jc4:.

So you see a flop and it's :9h4: :2c4: :jd4:

Now your opponent bets half pot. What does this tell you? Assuming he isn't bluffing you can draw some conclusions from this bet. You can remove AK, AQ, ATs from his possible hands leaving him in the range AA, KK, JJ, TT, 99, AJ. Then you compare your hand to his range and see if it's worth it to continue. You have the top pair, but all the hands he can have in this position except TT beats you, so you fold.

Of course in this scenario it's most likely a continuation bet and doesn't tell you much at all about his hand, but it's just to explain the concept of ranges. And also you need to consider pot odds and all that stuff, but again, it's just for explaining ranges.

Hey i think i understand how u go about it, i will try to implicate this method in my review to help me get a better understanding of how to properly do this. once i get a little better ill take it further, do u think u can elaborate a little more i would love to hear it . mayb a few more examples? helps to see ur thought process which will assist in me learning to develop my own regarding hand ranges. Would greatly appreciate it Thanks!

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always review my performance.
Mostly concerntrating on the bad hands I played.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/How-Read-Hands-No-Limit-Holdem-ebook/dp/B006110LBU"]How To Read Hands At No-Limit Hold'em - Kindle edition by Ed Miller. Humor & Entertainment Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.[/ame]

about hand reading , regarding to your question.
but using HUD, is more customized, therefore if by playing more, you will know which data you need to put into HUD.

PS: that book has an Electronic version, used to be free download from amazon...not sure will be in future.

Hanagis

Hanagis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How To Read Hands At No-Limit Hold'em - Kindle edition by Ed Miller. Humor & Entertainment Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

about hand reading , regarding to your question.
but using HUD, is more customized, therefore if by playing more, you will know which data you need to put into HUD.

PS: that book has an Electronic version, used to be free download from amazon...not sure will be in future.

Hey Thanks i never had come across this at all in my searches, Thanks alot i really appreciate the point into the right direction!