Can someone explain these RAKES!

Olddog21

Olddog21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now that I'm playing in REAL money games ...I find rakes that are a dime on the dollar ..($1.10 buy-in) and some that are .50c on the $1...is there any rhyme or reason to what the rake is?;)

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All sites have standard rake % for their cash games, usually with a cap on max rake. This % does vary somewhat from site to site, but should usually be pretty close between them. I don't know the exact % since I only play at PS right now, but their are plenty of places to find what the exact % is. Begin with the site's homepage itself, their TOS, etc.

As for rake from tournament games, that does vary too, but $1.10 to $1.20 tournaments are probably the normal range, more toward the lower end of that I would think. I don't know what to make of a tournament with a rake of 50c on the dollar. I've never seen anything anywhere near that expensive, rake-wise. I can't imagine even bothering to play in a tournament such as that.

Also the amount of rake in tournaments, in relation to the buy-in amount, usually decreases as the tournamnets get more expensive. What I mean is you'll find $1.20 and $3.40 tournaments where as the cost of the tournamnet goes up the % taken for rake declines. You have to shop around a little bit to find the best tournamnet that fits in your budget and has the lowest rake %.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also noticed on stars (not sure if it is consistant) that it also depended on the format, it was 1.10 for normal, then if it was turbo 1.08 etc.

On full tilt with the 5 dollar sngs there is a dollar rake if it is deepstacked.

That is about my extent of rake knowledge, lol

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They rhyme and reason is that they charge whatever the market will pay. Simple as that.

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FTP has exhorbitant fees for some small buyins. I've seen tourneys there where the fee is actually bigger than the buyin.

Fees get more reasonable once you get out of the micro-micros.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The worst site I have found for rake is
party poker

I was looking at my stats on sharkscope and
to my horror found that in a $3 sit n go the $3
is broken down as

$2.40 is paid out and

$0.60 is taken as the fee :banghead:

which to me is daylight robbery and by far biggest
% rake I have ever found and is the reason I do not
play on Party any more

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I couldn't find one at Full Tilt tonite where the buyin was less than the fee, but I have seen them. Check out some of these fees:

Attachments

• ftp fee.JPG
    ftp fee.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 36
bonflizubi

bonflizubi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I couldn't find one at Full Tilt tonite where the buyin was less than the fee, but I have seen them. Check out some of these fees:

i just looked on FTP and none of those events you have listed show up.
are you on FTP.FR?

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hahahahaha oh my god at that image, insert swearing

PS: That rake is barely beatable if at all, that's 100% ROI needed to BREAK EVEN