calling bluffs at the micros.bad micro stakes donk bluffs how to spot them?

2huskys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was watching a sit n go tutorial on youtube and the guy called a check riase all in flush bluff with a top pair because the other guy cudnt no if he had the flush or not how can you tell?what other micro stakes bluffs do the donks make that are easy to get?

in the above example the donk raised utg guy called with kq or ak. flop came king with flush draw. donk bets out a bit small.guy then raises him about the pot.donk calls and checks turn which completes the flush guy bets again donk shoves allin guy calls because he said the donk cudnt no if he had the flush or not.would this be an easy call?the guy had him covered by a lot which was a reason he called also. Im guessing the donk should have bet for information first if he was raised the guy cud of had the flush is that what he means by not knowing?

At micro sit n gos each table has new opponents so you cant really develop long term reads on opponents.

another thing I notice is why do donks raise then bet small you re raise then they call?normally they do this with flush draw or weak pair or weak kickers.If they have the flush do they normally bet small for value or shove when they hit. I guess its nearlly impossible to tell because I've seen they all make extraordinary and bizzare plays and they are all different.

anyone wanna add micro stakes bluff tells?

O

Oil_Fan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I understand you....Donk raises UTG preflop, gets called with A,K or so. Flop comes out with K, flush draw. Donk min raises, followed by a reraise by the guy. Donk calls. Turn hits and completes the flush. Guy does a raise followed by donk going AI which where I lose what's going on...what position is the 'guy'. Or was it the donk that did a check/AI?

Do you have a link to that vid?

I ask because it sounds to me like the guy didn't play it very well and was doing a semi bluff himself. Then again, it's not real clear on how this played out by what you wrote.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I was watching a sit n go tutorial on youtube where the guy called a check riase all in flush bluff with top pair. The guy couldn't know if his opponent had the flush or not but called anyways. How can you tell if your opponent made the flush or not? What other micro stakes bluffs do the donks make that are easy to spot and exploit?

In the above example, the donk raised utg. Hero called with kq or ak. The flop came king with flush draw. Donk bets out a bit small. Hero then raises him about the pot. Donk calls the raise then proceeds to check the turn which completes the flush. Hero bets again on the turn, donk shoves allin, and the hero calls. He called because the donk couldn't know if he had the flush or not, and believed the donk to be on a bluff. Hero had a bluff catcher type hand and felt the donk would call off with less. Would this be an easy call for you?

At micro sit n gos each table has new opponents so you cant really develop long term reads on opponents.

Another thing I notice is why do donks raise, then bet small post flop. You re-raise them then they call anyays? Normally they do this with flush draw or weak pair or weak kickers. If they have the flush do they normally bet small for value or shove when they hit? I guess its nearlly impossible to tell because I've seen them all make extraordinary and bizzare plays and they are all different.

Does anyone want to add to this thread some micro-stakes bluff tells that they know of?

FYP

And for future reference, you'll get alot more replies and discussion in your threads if you just start using proper capitalization, spacing, spelling and grammar. Though I believe I and many others have already told you this before so I suppose I am wasting my time.....

2huskys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I understand you....Donk raises UTG preflop, gets called with A,K or so. Flop comes out with K, flush draw. Donk min raises, followed by a reraise by the guy. Donk calls. Turn hits and completes the flush. Guy does a raise followed by donk going AI which where I lose what's going on...what position is the 'guy'. Or was it the donk that did a check/AI?

Do you have a link to that vid?

I ask because it sounds to me like the guy didn't play it very well and was doing a semi bluff himself. Then again, it's not real clear on how this played out by what you wrote.

kk sorry the guy was in position the hole time and the donk was utg. donk min raises i think. the guy calls with ak or kq. flop comes k and two hearts. donk bets out small guy raises and donk flat calls. turn is 3rd heart and donk checks guy bets then the donk shoves guy calls because he said the donk didnt no if he had the flush or not so knew he was bluffing.howcome? it was on youtube under sng strategy or sng tutorial its in like 10 parts and is like a dvd youl know it wen u c it its part 2 or 3 i think.its 10$ sng nd he talks about x factor.

2huskys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FYP

And for future reference, you'll get alot more replies and discussion in your threads if you just start using proper capitalization, spacing, spelling and grammar. Though I believe I and many others have already told you this before so I suppose I am wasting my time.....[/quote

what is wrong with my spelling and grammer here?i have improved it.

joe steady

joe steady

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check out Beluga Whale Theorem. Google it for in depth explanation, but basically if they start re-raising you post-flop, you need to re-evaluate where you are in the hand. Most aren't bluffing at micros.
Also, I don't think I get the thought process in that youtube video. Are you saying that this guy called an all in check raise on the turn with a flush draw on the board in a micro sit and go after his preflop raise was called, then his flop 3-bet was called, because he didn't think the other player had a flush? I guess without knowing how many players left, blinds, stack sizes, etc., it makes it a little hard to follow, but it seems to me the only thing the check-raiser didn't do was type "hey, I have a flush" in chat. Don't think I'd be watching any more of this guy's videos.

Last edited:
TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
FYP

And for future reference, you'll get alot more replies and discussion in your threads if you just start using proper capitalization, spacing, spelling and grammar. Though I believe I and many others have already told you this before so I suppose I am wasting my time.....[/quote

what is wrong with my spelling and grammer here?i have improved it.

Well, since you asked...

'Know' is not spelled as 'no'. Sentences stat with a capital letter on the first word, and you are still missing alot of punctuation. There is also a space between the period and the first word of the next sentence. But in all fairness, you have gotten better.

Back to the topic at hand:

I agree with joesteady's point in where the "donk" played exactly like he had a fd on the flop and by the river made said draw and yet the maker of the vid still thought he was on a bluff. It also makes no sense to me. Please post the link if you can so we can understand this a little more clearly.

X

xBADINTENTIONSx

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Micro stakes are tough..so are freerolls because there are so many people that will play a wide variety of hands, and even like the "donk" in this example, will raise preflop with suited junk.
My question would be why didn't the UTG player re-raise preflop? I have played a lot of freerolls and microstakes to know that you have to make donks pay to see a flop and to hit their draws post flop when you have a big hand.
Surely this wasn't the first time the UTG player had seen the donk make that same move, so the best action would have been to re-raise preflop and even if he did bet the flop you re-raise pot size..which UTG did..but when the flush comes and you know thats what ge was drawing at, then you can pretty much know it's time to let your hand go, unless you had a redraw to a high flush

bonflizubi

bonflizubi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
di the guy that called t allin with KQ have a heart in his hand? that would make a huge difference.

In the end though, without you writing out the entire hand (with the stacks of everyone at the table) it is impossible to give you a good answer....