Buy in factor

cdidit622

cdidit622

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play at this game ( 1,2) the min. Buy in is 40 and no max buy in. The average buy in is about 100. would buying in for 500 be a bad idea?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With no max buy-in you should be buying in for as much as the largest stack at the table has.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With no max buy-in you should be buying in for as much as the largest stack at the table has.
Not if largest stack on table has position,is equal to or a better player than OP.
But then i would not advice sitting at that table if possible.

bolda3

bolda3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Agreed. I would make sure you have everyone at the table covered, at least at the start and if possible at all times. Don't over extend your bankroll though, its better to play lower stakes (but I doubt there is anything lower than 1/2) and buy in deeper.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^ what these guys said. If you can (and you're comfortable with your level of skill vs the other players) buy in for enough to cover the biggest stacks at the table so you can take their whole stack in one hand if the opportunity presents itself.

cdidit622

cdidit622

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree, I see many players buy in small and sometimes luck up and leave with the big cash out. I do play aggressive at times and if I buy in small there is no way to do so, also I agree with trying to get the large stack. Just wanted to know others thoughts about it .