Books?

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Where do you post threads about books? This may be a stupid question but i would like to comment on a book i am reading and want to place the thread in the right area. Thanks.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here would be fine if it's a poker book!
what book are you reading?

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well its the 50 poker tips of wisdom by daniel negranuea....so far its a little bit better than the other books which talk about the top ten hands to play and what to bet.......its more like tips and little things you can do to pretty much play like daniel does....stuff about table talk and stuff like that but most of it is for begginers or novices.

skd1337

skd1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That book looks good, plus negreanu is awesome, Is it worth buying in the same way the harrington books were?

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That book looks good, plus negreanu is awesome, Is it worth buying in the same way the harrington books were?

No, not in the same way. The DN book is really pretty basic (as the "Tips" title might suggest).

skd1337

skd1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so its probably not that much actual use then, no doubt the tips will be regurgitated on the internet somewhere. I have read the harringtons, SSII and play poker like the pro's. I also purchased the Micon system II and Micon Secrets (both of which are pretty good) What should I look into next?

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my most recent purchase of poker books included super system 2, HoH Vol 1-3, David Sklansky's Theory of Poker, Phil Gordon's little blue book, Mike Caro's book of poker tells, and the Full Tilt poker strategy Guide: Tournament Edition

im about half way through SS2

Y

youngman22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you shuold ttry buying one of phil gordons books

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you shuold ttry buying one of phil gordons books

I have yet to read Phil Gordon's Little Blue Book, but its sitting here on my poker table. I am not a big fan of phil gordon, but maybe reading his book might change my views on him as a poker player

skd1337

skd1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah Phil gordon has never really stood out as a good player - is his blue book good?

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
havnt started reading yet, its quite low on my priority reading list

i have about 3-4 books lined up ahead of it

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both the Green and Blue book are good. Gordon writes well, so he gets his points across nicely. Green book is pretty comprehensive, but consequently on the more general side. That being said, it was the first and only book I had my wife read on NL. Blue book is play by play of hands.
Both are recommended.

If you don't want to go that route, I recommend the "Killer Poker" series (all of them) by Vorhaus.

skd1337

skd1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
will look into em. I am also a sucker for online education systems like the micon system and stuff - anyone had any experience with any others?