Betting in NLHoldem

A

Alien

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In a 7 handed game of no Limet Holden, I am in big blind with AA pre flop, the player under the gun announces all in with less than a min raise ( example blinds are 1k/2k and under the gun shoves with 3.5K) player 2 flat calls, player 3 flat calls, player 4 flat calls,player 5 flat calls, player 6 flat calls now it's my turn with my AA. My question is, at this point, can I announce all in with my AA if I have for example 30K as my stack.?

S

SnowedIn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can raise because you haven't acted yet.

A

Alien

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you can raise because you haven't acted yet.

The player in small blind in this instance what's trying to claim that I could not shove all in at this stage due to all other players only flat calling the initial under the gun raise.

Can I please have some more views on this post. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
player in the small blind doesn't know what he is talking about, you have yet to act so your not constrained to not being able to raise just because UTG didn't have enough for a min raise.

Txpokerlover

Txpokerlover

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely you can go all in. You have the "Option"

walkerbear

walkerbear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you re-raise allin and watch them all fold like flies, you can steal all the blinds for the second pot and should hopefully win the main pot too.

One thing though, if they delete your post and you re-post, you can get in trouble, so careful about that. Welcome to Cardschat!

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you re-raise allin and watch them all fold like flies, you can steal all the blinds for the second pot and should hopefully win the main pot too.

If they all fold there is no side pot, just the main. :banghead:

A

Alien

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all for your replys, you have all helped me prove a point, may the poker gods be with you.

J

JVal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
small blind is a moron

as long as the all in guy raised half the minimum amount it is open to a reraise so in your example he raised 1.5k which is more than the 1k minimum

but none of this matters anyway since youre in the big blind and you always have the option to raise

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules