Best way to play online rebuys

Whats the best way to play a $10-20 rebuy in the first hour (rebuy time)

• loose/ passive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It makes no difference

• I have not got a clue

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hellooooooooooooooo!!!

Hope you are all well.

I would like to start this ball rolling again!!! I`ve been busy for a few weeks so I hope I`m not going over old ground.

I would be interested to know how people feel is the best way to play rebuys, mainly $10-20 buyins. 100-200 ppl

I play quite simply this way. 1st hour, dodge the bullets, wait for premium hand and be prepared to go all of the way pre flop. By premium, for the avoidance of doubt, in the first hour I mean AA to JJ, AK, AQ, AJ. Even then, if I am last to act and I am faced with a raise and reraise all in I will think twice about going all in pre flop.

If I`m on the button with any two cards and it is called to me, I will limp to break the bordem. If in the sb or bb I will limp to see the flop. Obviuosly I will be aggressive in these positions if I get one of my premium hands, but not so aggressive as to get them all to fold if poss.

I will from time to time try to limp with small pairs, suited connectors, etc if the price is right - my point here is if the blinds are up to 100 and I`m down to 1200 I`m not gonna chance almost 13% of my stack on the possibility of being raised.

So in the first hour I`m pretty much bouncing around from being tight/ aggressive, conservative, loose/ passive, tight passive, almost anything but loose aggressive. I am not trying to project an image here - I think at this level and this stage it matters not - I am simply trying to ensure when I am forced all in I am about a minimum of a 60/40 fav everytime (it does not always happen :mad: )

My aim is simple. In a $10 rebuy I accept I will spend $30. $10 buyin, $10 rebuy as soon as possible, $10 add on at break. With a starting chip stack of 1500 chip I am looking to be on 7500 after the rebuy - double up my 3000 bought chips and an add on.

If I go bust in the 15 mins leading up to the break I call it a day, saving my $10 add on. If I go bust very early I will rebuy, but only once.

In the past I have heard a lot of people say they think the best way to play a rebuy is to become loose/ aggressive in the first hour - I disagree.

Normally when you have 7500 in chips u find yourself in the top 40% after the break. In most cases the chip leader has 24000, second has 18000 and the next has about 10000. Check that same leaderboard before the next break and normally the chip leader is not in the top 20, second place is out and 3rd place is still 3rd with about 14000 chips, with the new chip leader on 20000!!! (Only playing but its not far from the truth:D )

I would be interested to know other peoples comments. Please don`t forget to add your vote to the poll !!!

Ronaldadio

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1st, No poll listed.

2nd, You have it about right for that table limit. I would also add one other point to your play. Target the one loose cannon at your table. Youknow, the one who's rebought 4 or 5 times already. Usually he's a major donk with money to burn and chips to add to your stack. That's one way to advance.

3rd, now the poll is listed! :)

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st, No poll listed.

2nd, You have it about right for that table limit. I would also add one other point to your play. Target the one loose cannon at your table. Youknow, the one who's rebought 4 or 5 times already. Usually he's a major donk with money to burn and chips to add to your stack. That's one way to advance.

3rd, now the poll is listed! :)

LOL :D

R

Rebell1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate rebuys, too many idiots with more $$$ then brains catching weird suckouts. I prefer a straight freezeout game.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I picked tight /passive as this is the first hour and as it was mentioned above, there are alot of donks, so just wait for the premium hands like AA,AK,KK, and your high suited connectors like KQ,QJ,J10 are usually garbage during the first hour because you'll rarely see a flop with these. but that is my opinion.

stretch833

stretch833

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I picked TAG because I think you hit the nail on the head when you said you would prepare to take it all the way. At least if you are only playing premium hands, you always have at least a decent hand, if not a dominating hand when you are forced to make the push. I don't know if anyone else agrees with me but that is my 2 cens, anyway.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight Aggressive. Unless it is your intent to keep dumping money. I haven't played many rebuys, and don't intend to, but so far what i have done is to get past the rebuy stage without rebuying. That's the way I like to play them.