Best tournament player in the world??????

C

clarkyballs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who do you guys think is the best tournament player out there right now???

The best players in the world aren't even well known, being that they are cash game players and never make it on tv. This is why I ask about the tournament players. I say negraneau. He can pin a hand on his opponent better than anyone I've seen.

By the way...has anyone seen the high stakes cash games that have been running on the gameshow network? It is the best poker I have ever seen on tv. Check it out. I think it airs on monday nights.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yup negreanu is one of the best
i'd say he is #1 right now though there are so many incredible players out there

C

clarkyballs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chuck, are these posts good enough to play in the tournaments? I don't know what the point of this is. I want to play in the full tilt tournament, but I guess I am not worthy. I feel like I am in high school again and am being graded on my participation.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol
well the reason they do that is because we get alot of people who come in and post garbage just to get their 15 posts and enter the tournies
just post your thoughts and opinions and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to give you the password to events.
Just don't do as others have and post meaningless posts for the sake of upping your post count :)
just make a contribution and you will be rewarded with access to the events

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will also be rewarded by the best prize of all when you post here, knowledge. Keep on posting and reading other threads and become a better and richer player.

C

clarkyballs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well that's what I'm trying to do, but it's kind of hard to when there are tournaments tonight...right? Oh well I guess I can play next week. I don't even know where to find the password. How will I know if I finally get the stamp of approval? Will someone pm me? I have alot of unanswered questions. It just kind of sucks when these things come down to these technicalities. I thought these sites were created to enhance the poker experience...not to make people jump through hoops. Some people like to be in positions of power and feel like they have control. I guess they curb that craving here. Don't mean to piss people off, just thinking out loud. I speak my mind...sorry.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it has nothing to do with power trips
we have had tons of problems with people making 15 posts like "hi i'm so and so - wheres the password to todays freeroll?"
ie spamming

i'm sure they wish they didn't have to review new members' posts which is a hassle in itself, but they have made the necessary requirements for a reason.

if you can't find info then just use the search feature and you will find at least one thread about it (search requirements for this subject)

Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Clarky,

Welcome to the Forum. There are many topics on here with many different interests. The 15 posts that you have to make is mandatory to play in the forum events. This is done to stray away people to just come in and take the money. If you stay and make 15 QUALITY posts you should see that this site is MORE than about playing Poker. It is about learning and learning about life, not just poker. Yes, there are some great "poker" minds on here, but there are just plain great "caring" minds on here. We are a close nit bunch, come join us, in a year you will feel like me. The 15 posts will seem like childsplay then!!

[old link~tb]

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Q. Best tournament player?

A. The Grinder.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best online tournament player is a ten-way tie.

1. ZeeJustin
2. ZeeJustin
3. ZeeJustin
4. ZeeJustin
5. ZeeJustin
6. ZeeJustin
7. ZeeJustin
8. ZeeJustin
9. ZeeJustin
10. ZeeJustin

Yes, I rehash jokes from old news. Sue me.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clarky, the Full tilt HORSE game will be cancelled - it always is unfortunately.

Cruiser

Cruiser

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best Card Player??

Q. Best card paler??
A. Daniel Negreanu

Love his style

Arsenal28

Arsenal28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to agree that Negreanu is the best right now. Aside from his playing I think he has the best table demeanor about himself. He is always lively and even when he gets a bad beat he remains professional .....at least on camera, lol. I also like the play of Gus Hansen. The guts it takes to play some of the hands he does makes him impressive to watch. He seems to be able to send some of the best players on tilt.

2LUCKY23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
SEE HOW OTHER PLAYERS ARE RANKED

:) Did you know you can find out the rankings of other players on any poker site?;) How much $$$ they have won?;) And what kind of tournments they play in?
All u need is their screen name for that site.
Visit tournamentreporter.com

Hope this is useful info for someone!

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Daniel Negreanu is definitely my choice, for all the reasons everyone has mentioned. I would love to be able to play at a table with him and learn from one of the best! Not only is he a great player, but seems to be a genuine nice guy.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is everyone so in love with Danny boy? Did we all step into a time machine and go back to 2004 when he really was the man?

Whatever he did in 2004 to win all those tournies and CardPlayer's Player of the Year award, he forgot in 2005. Now he has had a nice start so far this year. But Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi is currently the best in my opinion. He already has 2 wins and 2 second places in major tournaments this year. And we are only 3 months into the year folks. Daniel has one win and a 5th place finish. Plus, if you read Daniel's blog, I think you'll see that he would much rather be gambling millions in cash games than taking the time it takes to play in these tournies.

C

clarkyballs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus Hansen is terrible. I have a friend that is a touring pro and he says that everyone knows he sucks. He hasn't been on tv for like 2 years. Except for that lame fox stuff. Playing hands like 4 8 isn't gutsy....it's moronic. He gets busted all the time. Watch out for my boy. He is playing in a couple of televised events this year. His name is paulie f.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is that why he's considered one of the most feared players in the world?
i agree that some of the hands he plays are unusual and may not be smart
but when you have reading skills like his you could play blind and still win pots
he is a world class player for a reason; his gambling with garbage hands is not a reason to say he is terrible.
Look at Sammy Farha - he does the exact same thing; he's in like every hand and look at the successes hes had

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't care if he plays badly or not. Gus Hansen is hot. :love:

C

clarkyballs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chuck,

You are making my point for me. Farha is terrible. He is the sucker at the table. The sun shines on a dogs ass every once in a while too. He gets killed in the high stakes ring games. Of course if you play every damn hand you are going to get lucky every once in a while. But ask anyone. Pros love having Gus and Sammy in there game. Because they are suckers and more importantly they don't know it. Everyone strokes them like they are good, but they are really just targets with big bank.

C

clarkyballs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To address the 'reading skills' point. You are right that is what makes him good, but good cards beat out reading skills %100 of the time. When he bets 20k at a pot with nothing....KK wins every time. A reraise causes him to fold and lose 20k. When he is playing against ametures, yea he can intimidate a little more. When he is playing against the best pros he does not have this advantage. Sorry, but I have first hand info on this subject matter.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can you tell me why it is that they make a living, and a VERY good one at that from playing poker?
these people regularly place in events with thousands of participants and make millions doing it
What about Doyle Brunson? He was the one who pioneered the 'gambler' table image
hes a multi-millionaire and considered the best poker player in the world
he co-wrote the poker book that is often called the "bible of poker"
these players (Gus and Sammy) essentially copy his style of play, and it works
they gamble alot and lose alot of pots, but when they win, they get paid off like theres no tomorrow