Any plan for building a bankroll from 0$?

noW

noW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay so this thread is about "How to create a bankroll from no deposit/0$"

My main poker room is pokerstars and I frankly say they own other poker rooms except the freeroll parts.
They don't have restricted freerolls for each country nor any promotions that would give absolutely free freerolls.

My ways are this:
- Either a private freerolls:
  • BankrollMob- 25$ prize pool against 5K average people (first 117 win around 0.05$+)
  • PokerSchool Open Skill League - 10$ prize pool
- Either:

• Plain Freeroll (from PokerStars) - 72 sattelites to Weekly Round 2 with a 2k$ prize pool against 9K average people

Any other? :)

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One way is to enter the FR club here at CC. Info is under Rules and FAQs.

PKR has a bunch of freerolls that are pretty soft. but I think you have to have a certain number of FPPs - I am not sure - which means a deposit, but google it. They do have SnG 10 cent freerolls that you can play as much as you want.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter where you go, you're not going to find open freerolls that offer value in terms of the prize pool divided by the number of entrants. Even private ones are far less lucrative than they used to be. The time when you could play multiple times per month for $500 or $1000 against only 100-250 opponents ended years ago.

That said, private rolls still offer much more value per player than open ones, although the quality of the opponents is better too.

The key thing though, IMO, isn't to focus exclusively on how / where to win your first few bucks. It's also vital to get your game to a level where you can do something with that money rather than just losing it and being back where you started, at $0.

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another avenue to explore is one of those "free" starting poker bankroll deals. I'm not sure which ones are the best to use nowadays, but before you click on anything and give them your information it's best to do a little due diligence and make sure they are reasonably legitimate. Pokerstrategy is one that has been around for awhile and I know they have been legitimate in the past.

This approach can give you some good experience and a decent bankroll buffer as you learn about key concepts like bankroll management and the basics of hand selection and the like.

Just be sure that you understand you can only have one account in each poker room, and that some poker rooms offer rakeback or other nice incentive deals (like the freerolls we have here at cardschat)... so be sure to do your research and find the best possible deal to use when signing up for a new poker room.

Also note that the "free" money isn't really free; in order to actually cash it out you will need to clear a certain amount of rake for the site, and the rake requirements aren't always easy to clear when playing responsibly with good bank roll management. Make sure you read all the terms and conditions and try to set an outline for your play that will ensure you the best chance at clearing the requirements and building your roll.

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can make a small deposit on PS and get entry into 30 1000dollar freerolls a month

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can make a small deposit on PS and get entry into 30 1000dollar freerolls a month
With what size fields? I'd be surprised if it's not thousands, which would mean your mathematical EV is well under $1. And it wouldn't be quick getting into the money, so EV per hour would probably be puny.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be done, many here have done it. I am one of those many.

Freerolls are the key. Private freerolls are better because of the smaller fields, and the more rapid learning curve you will experience, most private games are full of decent players.

If you only play Stars you are stuck with those games, and I can not comment on that because I am USA. No clue what they offer these days. Perhaps they have 'Steps' programs, if not there other sites do have steps games that start from zip.

The Cake and Merge networks, and the Yatahay Network (what are they called this week?) are also trying to drum up business and do serve the USA market.

Whatever you do, you can not realistically expect anything to happen fast if you are determined to start from zero.

R

ronshaks

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's very "doable" i can tell ya that, even on PS. I did that thanks to some free FPP points from Stars for taking a survey. They handed me 60 free point, 50 of which I blew if off. The last 10FPP i banked it on the $500 freeroll and make $40+... and from there, I went onto a little over $2k in bankroll and even managed to play SCOOP's ME. :)

Reptar7

Reptar7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't remember what it was called, like the Pokerstars Pro Skill League or something. If you go to the pokerstars school thing and sign up, they enter you in this league where you play in freerolls. Each freeroll is worth like $100 or something, but for each one you play you get points, and you can work your way up this leaderboard. I did that a few times and probably got like at least $10 each month.

You should check out the pokerstars promotions page and find every freeroll you can play and play them all. The private tourneys are great too.

Gawd I miss PS!

O, btw I am running up from $0 on Carbon right now. I have a thread about it. Up to $16 right now!

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As others have said, at the moment, by far the best route to go from Zero to Something, is by playing the CardsChat Freeroll Club series that provides small field of player games at a minimum of three days a week.

You can supplement the CC series of games by playing at intertops where they limit the Freerolls to 250 players twice a day. Cake Poker offers several daily Freerolls to their weekly $1K Freeroll, where only the Top 7 players make it to Saturdays game. Saturdays 1K game only has about 250 entries.

Americas Card room is currently offering many chances to play their Freeroll Super Series. They have various freerolls that offer 10, 25 and 50 seats to a Weekly Freeroll that has a $750 prize pool. The Weekly Freeroll offers entries to the Monthly Freeroll which has $3,000 in total prize money. To get to Grand Finale Freeroll, you need to make it into the top 500 on the special points leaderboard. Only round 3 freerolls award points towards the leaderboard, and you’ll earn them based on your performance. The Grand Finale offers $25K in prize money and a Punta Cana Poker Classic prize package for the top three finishers.

I have been trying myself to go from zero to $25K or more by playing in all these series across Merge - Cake - ACR, but have been stymied a bit in my extremely poor cashing performance at Merge MTTs (well, really, been getting smashed at MTTs on all the sites, damn donkeys :) ) outside of CC games. But I break BR Management Rules big-time to build a BR fast. ie If I cash $15 in CC game I play $11 MTT :)

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am currently trying to do just that on the Merge network(Carbon Poker). I started off grinding on the fun steps and placed for the $1 payout 3x. It's not easy work either as it took weeks to do this... My current banroll is like $3.21 after I used a buck and got tossed up trying the daily sixth cent and a .60 round at the limit tables. After, I took a chance at the $1 double or nothing and got paid 2 bucks. I might start doing the double or nothings as it counts more on survival of 5 than placing top 1-3...

curly

curly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm still doing the steps at Carbon, I didn't win anything as of yet, but I'm not playing these very much, maybe a total of 50 of them so far. It's much harder then I thought it would be.

robhimself

robhimself

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've made $0 into about $4000 on Hero Poker so far, which is a Merge skin. They have all of the same freerolls as the other Merge skins, but then they also have 2 $99 and 2 $100 freerolls every day which get 100-150 players and are awesome. Also they have freeroll sngs with $5 prize pools which go 3 at a time every time 24 or 27 players join. I started off getting $75 in a 2+2 freeroll they did and never looked back.

I actually got the CEO of Hero to do a $700 freeroll a few weeks ago just for Reddit poker forum members which went really well.

Reptar7

Reptar7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they also have 2 $99 and 2 $100 freerolls every day which get 100-150 players and are awesome. Also they have freeroll sngs with $5 prize pools which go 3 at a time every time 24 or 27 players join. I started off getting $75 in a 2+2 freeroll they did and never looked back.

I actually got the CEO of Hero to do a $700 freeroll a few weeks ago just for Reddit poker forum members which went really well.

Jeez, it sounds like that is the place for freerolls if this is all true. I'm looking into it right meow.

L

LarryT503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the steps at Carbon, but the CC Freeroll is great! I won $10.00 a few weeks ago and with careful play am now sitting on a $0.45 bankroll. LOL. Good thing this is not my job, I guess I'm not as good as I sometimes think. Good Luck.

R

ronshaks

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't remember what it was called, like the Pokerstars Pro Skill League or something. If you go to the pokerstars school thing and sign up, they enter you in this league where you play in freerolls. Each freeroll is worth like $100 or something, but for each one you play you get points, and you can work your way up this leaderboard. I did that a few times and probably got like at least $10 each month.

You should check out the pokerstars promotions page and find every freeroll you can play and play them all. The private tourneys are great too.

Gawd I miss PS!

O, btw I am running up from $0 on Carbon right now. I have a thread about it. Up to $16 right now!

hmmm must be the haydays then... these days the pokerstars poker school league only offers $10... oh yeah, and also a few grand for the leaderboard champ. gosh, we sure do miss you guys on PS... the whole place is littered with madcap russians and serbs, latvians etc that are perpetually on some deathwish shove fest. :(

H

Hellboy42

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

I see that your Romanian. That means that there many sites out there that you can join and play freerolls. I would recommend the Ongame network and iPoker networks to start with and in your case try Dracula Poker which has lots of freerolls just for Romanians. Another tip is before you sign up to any site do a google search to see if any affiliates/forums are offering sign up bonuses or private freerolls.

A

AllInDom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the ipoker Bankroll builder. You can only play 4 times in a week, and it has $25 prize pool. You get about 70 players, and you are only allowed to play first 90 days.

Reptar7

Reptar7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmm must be the haydays then... these days the pokerstars poker school league only offers $10... oh yeah, and also a few grand for the leaderboard champ. gosh, we sure do miss you guys on PS... the whole place is littered with madcap russians and serbs, latvians etc that are perpetually on some deathwish shove fest. :(

The leaderboard pays out top 500 people, lowest payout is $20. Don't you think you can make it? I think it is doable and I have done it a few times.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/leagues/Premier-League/leaderboard?page=10

iec

iec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Actually it's 30x4x1000, because they are 4 per day (given you are available whole day)

With what size fields? I'd be surprised if it's not thousands, which would mean your mathematical EV is well under $1. And it wouldn't be quick getting into the money, so EV per hour would probably be puny.

Yes, the sizes go up to 25000 players and other point is there are 3 possible rebuys and one addon, so the value for freerollers isn't that big, it's not too hard to cash, but I think it's pretty hard to cash some interesting amount, tons of luck is needed.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management