another interesting hand

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I am playing heads up limit holdem and this is the first time I had the betting capped on every single street.

Heres what happened my opponent was very aggressive often re raising me and capping with any pair any draw and any card pre flop above 10, even with j4.

I was picking my spots carefully but fighting back heavy with all reasonable holdings. this was a very aggressive battle with a lot of swings and then i took the edge and finally busted him on the last hand with capping pre flop and on every street.

he raised on the button and I am looking down at k9 suited I re raise as I am going to go to the river with K high am likely to be ahead and if he is going to out flop me I want himt o pay to draw. he caps. flop comes Ah kc 4h I have second pair and the nut flush draw. generally speaking this is the hand you see people getting all in with. I am not going to slow play it and give anything away this is war and I will come out swinging I bet out instant re raise I re raise he caps. Now i am putting him on the ace but with 14 cards to draw to twice i am certainly going no where so i call is the cap obviously.

turn is 9c Right now I have two pair and nut flush draw I think i am ahead but cant be sure but i have to assume i am and go for it because of all previous action and I bet out instant re raise I re raise he caps. turn is the 3h

I hit the nut flush draw I was thinking i might have sucked out on the guy maybe this time he had AA for a set or higher two pair etc, ut he was playing so reckless this wasnt inconceivable for him to do with 92 or j10 so i stand by my play on every street the river got capped again.

this is the first time ever I have had every single street capped in a heads up fixed limit game.

An interesting hand Don't know what you guys think, by the way he had 83 off suit, he had done a few bluffs but surely you have to know you can't just buy any pots you want and since when he had done this previously i had slowed down and flat called him to the river and exposed his bluffs surely he had to know yes he had pushed me off a few hands but based on the action did it look like i was going anywhere.

if the turn hadnt paired and my hand had failed to improve after the flop i would have flat called him on the turn and river anyway.

any thoughts comments?

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he's just another idiot coming in and not knowing what he's doing. Playing like he thinks he saw Phill Hellmuth(or whichever pro you want to name) play on TV and thinks he can push you off a hand by betting with whatever junk he has. That would be the only explanation for him calling the capped pot on the river...he's just an idiot, lol

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i hope to play at the same table as this guy sometime... Since betting was limited, by the river at the very least he should have folded. The pot was already so huge, there's no possible bet amount that can push you off (given it's limit hold'em).

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands