Annette_15 wins £1Million

LAhavana

LAhavana

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Online superstar "annette_15" Obrestad wins WSOPE main event for cool 1st place cash of £1,000,000 , my :questionm is are online players taking over the WORLD!!:questionm

THE:js4: :8s4: POTATO

LAhavana

LAhavana

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what i shud have put in my original post is these online players cracking the live scene wide open obv have the poker knowledge & skills to beat these games due to the fact of the amount of hands they can play online & the benefit of being in there comfort zone at home with all the software available to track there opponents & calculate odds etc but in a live environment can the reg pros not pick up more tells off these online players due to the fact they dont need to bother online & in live game the have to be more perceptive in the way they read the game as they have to mentally note players tendancies and betting patterns they cant just type it & refere back when needed as they can online?

just seems to me the reg live pros shud have a distinct advatage as theve been doing it for years

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you said is sort of true, but online players are at a distinct advantage as they can play as many hands in a year as your average 'live' pro plays in his lifetime.

More hands = more experience = gg.

cartoon p

cartoon p

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There just more online players playing.Years ago when poker frist started it was a game for gangsters ect.Just look at the London underground sine next to the sex trade poker was the big thing.There was no such thing as holdum it was main 5 card stud or draw poker then in the mid 80s holdum took off in Vegas and the rest they say is history.If you a good player and can get the luck then you win if not you lose.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Prahlad Friedman claims to have seen as many (if not more) hands than Doyle Brunson.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what i shud have put in my original post is these online players cracking the live scene wide open obv have the poker knowledge & skills to beat these games due to the fact of the amount of hands they can play online & the benefit of being in there comfort zone at home with all the software available to track there opponents & calculate odds etc but in a live environment can the reg pros not pick up more tells off these online players due to the fact they dont need to bother online & in live game the have to be more perceptive in the way they read the game as they have to mentally note players tendancies and betting patterns they cant just type it & refere back when needed as they can online?

just seems to me the reg live pros shud have a distinct advatage as theve been doing it for years

Somebody lend this man a full-stop.

Maybe just a comma ?

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
annette has been crushing online poker tourney for awhile now.

Attachments

• annette15.JPG
    annette15.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 87
T

tigertight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive seen a username on cake poker annete15

C

cdsmith69

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
did u see the 2 millioin lasted over 20 hrs geez i went to sleep there was 86 ppl left woke up 7 hrs later still 2 left way too long

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
annette has been crushing online poker tourney for awhile now.

They said on CardPlayer that she once won a 180 person Sit N Go without looking at her hole cards. That's sick. That's almost as good as the Absolute "Rigged" players...:D

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online?? Did she put "post it" note over where the cards come up???

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I did a post about this like 4+ months ago where a writer suggest you do this once at a low limit. It helps you pay more attention to position and stacks sizes in relation to blinds instead of just your cards.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

That's what I did in the CC guys vs gals event. I was CL for a while actually, it was pretty amusing.

Flops'm&Bets'm

Flops'm&Bets'm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"excerpt from earlier post"

There's a rumor floating around that she started playing online poker at the ripe age of 15, hence the screen name Annette_15. She got her first exposure to poker from her father who taught her how to play five-card stud and seven-card stud as a young girl. She eventually signed up for an online poker account and as the legend goes, her mother refused to let her fund an account with a credit card so Annette_15 ended up winning $9 in a freeroll and has not looked back since.

This is the one that I have heard the buzz about for some time but could never get the name of. From anyone I asked.
I remember someone say that there was some young girl that started her BR from freerolls and amassed in the $100,ooo's
At first I was "yeah, right..rumor mill started by some poker site to generate more degenerates". Then I heard more of it and asked Who was this..girl winning big?? No answer until this week..

If Nick says she's the real deal from watching the Event Live.
Then proof positive, and as Stormswa posted
Her OPR shows her profit and avg. Buy-Ins...Impressive.
Early Finishes 2% WOW....thats a blip and probably bad beat story.
Surely we will be seeing more of her..and the Online Poker Rooms bidding war over the Endorsement Contract. (can't wait to see where she lands.)

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its highly possible, I know a kid in college right now, think he is like 19 that has well over 100k mostly from playing 10/20NL now. He started with nothing also. I have posted about him numerous times on here and recently about his match with Mike Mathasow.

Flops'm&Bets'm

Flops'm&Bets'm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone know the Legal age in europe??

Anyone know what the Legal age to Play Poker in Europe is?

Great Video BTW.
"..# of hands playing online and seeing different situations."
Playing the Short Stack and clawing back.
Sound like a seasoned Vet. to me..very mature 19 year old.
(What Composure!)
More Class and better than poopy mouth Jimmy Fricke (LOL)<--(bad mouthing some proven Pro's in Aussie Millions interview.)

Congrats. Annette_15 in the Poker Analogues of All-Time.
WTG!!
Now come Join CardChat.com
Wheeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
she is a pocket fives poster I believe, pretty sure europe its 18.