Am i wrong in this argument?

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
( caps is me talking now everything else was a chat with a friend i know that wins at playing online poker )

OK I WAS ARGUING WITH A FRIEND OF MINE WHO IS A CONSTANT WINNING PLAYER BUT EVERYTHING HE tells ME TO DO IS SO ABSOLUTLY WRONG WHEN IT COMES TO PLAYING POKER!

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME I AM A DUMB PLAYER AND WILL STOP PLAYING MY GAME AND START ALL OVER IF HER IS RIGHT.... I FIND THIS QUITE.... LUCK BOS DONKISH MIND SET.

ME: especially when a donk calling station is winning
dude has 40k and called behind everytime and hits every time

thats how it goes

ME: yup being a good player does not go a long way anymore

depo some money cheap ass mofo

ME: lol i just gana stop playing good
then i play bad and still lose
soo no point

ur doing something wrong

ME: no im just losing to inferrioir hands

ur not payin attention to hands that are running good
every turny there are a few hands that will win nomatter what

ME: when im shoving a pocket pair and ace rags calling floping trips with his rag
and even beating AK KK AA stuff like that
what do you fo?
do?

watch an see what hands are running great in the tourny ur in
like the 330 tourny i played it was 8t

ME: really thats such bull crap

i opend shoved 300k with 8t dude calls aa an i flop a boat
not at all i pay attention to whats going on not just my cards

ME: what you did shoving T8 was a donk luck box move

u must not watch whats goin on

nothing more

i won with 8t everytime i had it
an 55 flop set everytime

ME: well that means you were running great
ever think of that

u know nothing about internet poker

ME: i know the math

dude happends in every tourny a few hands win everytime

ME: and that i usually have 70% advanteage
and still lose so i leave broke again
Nothing new

see the point is best hand at the end not going into it

ME: so your telling me if i shove JJ and A7 calls me i was stupid when i lose?

when u look at the end an u see 0%
no why u shoein so much then

ME: so me haveing a 87% win chance is worse than 13%

shove

ME: wow.... you make no sence
seriously
you are just a luck box

no but it prolly will be at the end

yup

lol
u just flat out suck at poker

ME: the way you are telling me you play is luck box playing

ur an idiot

ME: telling me that ever 5 times a ace will fall so shove an ace rag

listen to what i am sayin

ME: i have.
and its all - EV

12:57pm
u gotta find the hands that are running well
no
im just sayin it will come
u play half assed poker so u lose
tight players dont win
Chat Conversation End
Eric is typing...

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ARGUMENT CONTINUED

if u switch up ur game a little take more chances the u will see how much money u will make
at ur rate ur always gonna be broke player after 1 month
need to build a roll an keep it
but u play the way u play an u come an see me when ur ready to learn internet poker

ME: So what your telling me is, you know how the program works, not anything to do with poker
you know when you are going to win no matter what, you know the cards that are going to fall.
Thats pretty much what you are saying.

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your "friend" is winding you up ;)

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A little bit, only because he MAKES MONEY playing the way he says to play.
I have seen him donk his way way up!
And when I play my tight agressive game, and pick my spots and and i am ahead pre flop and still lose to 3 outers... or runner runners aperantly i was WRONG.

Today i floped a strait, and a dude limped 55 and floped a set, we got it all in on the flop and he gets runner runner 5 high flush....

I mean, was i stupid? Was i wrong when i had a better hand, and i was ahead? im not ranting about this loss here, just to make a point that my "Friend" thinks i was dumb because I lost reguardless. He is result oriented player, and also thinks he KNOWS what cards are going to come.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you want to know whether you're right in thinking that getting it all in when you're favourite is nbetter than getting it all in with two randoms cards that you happen to have seen someone win with earlier?

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You'd probably be best served to focus on your own game. It's not particularly relevant if someone else wins playing a different style. Not unless that style suits your personality and ability level, AND you're willing to put in the work necessary to change.

Otherwise, my first though is to focus on sharpening up your game and reducing your leaks so that you become a solid winner at your current level. If you already are, then who cares what anyone else thinks? And if you're not, then you have bigger things to be concerned about.

J

jsaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with Arjonius - play your game. I understand your friend's point - it seems on occasion a particular hand wins every time in a tourney and never in the next- is this a bad algorithm or simply the law of probability clustering one type of results over a small distribution. His/her argument is like saying you flip a fair coin ten times and nine time that he comes up heads then there is something wrong or the game is fixed.
Keep getting in with the best hands and in the long run you walk away with the money. Yes you will lose a percentage of the time but if you know even the basic math of poker you also know AA gets cracked and AK loses to 87 38% of time, etc.

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well he says im a bad player ( and i know I am not my Holdem Manager has proved it ) And i have been on a cruddy downswing still. And getting runner runered, or no action samo samo

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its so anoying this crappy downswing.
nothing i do makes makes me win

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should stop being friends with him.

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea i agree Baudibi... he just sucks and sucks out hard

M

msufan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way you worded it, your friend is obviously 100% wrong. It is possible, though, that you are playing too tight in tournaments. Obviously you can't wait for premium hands in the latter stages of tourneys, and sometimes you do need to push with junk, hoping to pick up free blinds and antes uncontested. I could see how a player who shoves with junk at the right times (when the pot is unopened, in position, when their stack is getting low but still has fold equity, on the money bubble, etc.) could do better than someone who allows himself to be blinded down to a stack size that's too small to induce folds, then shoves his last 2.5BBs with KK.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
anyone can run good

rofl at finding the hands that are running well, just lol

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way you worded it, your friend is obviously 100% wrong. It is possible, though, that you are playing too tight in tournaments. Obviously you can't wait for premium hands in the latter stages of tourneys, and sometimes you do need to push with junk, hoping to pick up free blinds and antes uncontested. I could see how a player who shoves with junk at the right times (when the pot is unopened, in position, when their stack is getting low but still has fold equity, on the money bubble, etc.) could do better than someone who allows himself to be blinded down to a stack size that's too small to induce folds, then shoves his last 2.5BBs with KK.

I am a tight player, but i do know how to play position as well, steal pots, ext ext.

But its just annoying when you have someone acting like the know when a certain "hand"is always hitting well. I mean really? I shoved T8o 300k and AA called and i win, thats just a luck box strategy. I dont care who you are. thats just the dumbest thing i have ever heard.

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should take a break from poker. I'm not joking about this.

I have bro, i took a whole week off. CAme back 1st hand i get is AA and KQ gets a runner runner boat on me :)

Great way to come back.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take up Cribbage..there's less variance

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't argue with an idiot in public, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have bro, i took a whole week off. CAme back 1st hand i get is AA and KQ gets a runner runner boat on me :)

Great way to come back.
I was in a tournament the other day, & a guy goes all in pre-flop.
I was getting bored with the game, and I didn't care. For some reason I thought he was weak, so I call his all-in w/KQo. He has JJ, and I catch a Q on the river.
I wasn't bored any more.
He calls me a fag & a retard.
I said " And shoving pre w/JJ isn't retarded?"
He said " I said go all in w/KQo every time YA RETARD."
LOLOL
I had a 43% of winning. Which wasn't that awful.
I saw JJ go all-in pre-flop 4X & get busted every time in that tournament.

You'll never know when your luck will change though.:)

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea i am just free rolling. thats it. Lol and thats all i can do right now.

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seems to me he is the type who excels at tournaments and you should play cash tables

in theory you are right..but in actuality or at least short term history maybe he is......

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's all nonsense, but very funny at least ! Brought a smile to my face! :D

I love the "I knew 8-T was running good so I shoved every time I had it" lmao :D

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats the thing, i seen him play and it is him bein gbehin most of the time and just sucking out.... how can anyone WANT to play like that hahaha. I uess ignorance in poker is what makes winners! xD