All-in Chat Block.....

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do sites block chat when a player is all in? I find this very annoying since if I could get the person to talk it would help me make a decision on if I want to call or not. Is there a good reason for this anyway?

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I`ve never noticed that, Freak. Which sites do you have in mind ?

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ub and Stars both block chat when someone is all in.

zinzan1000

zinzan1000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars do it, I think its more of a protection against collusion and such more than anything else.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting. I don`t play Stars, but I`ve spent a lot of time on UB and never even noticed. When I`ve got that kind of decision to make, I would usually spend the few seconds I`ve got reviewing my player notes on the guy and/or thinking about his betting pattern.

In real-world play, you`d make some remark and look for a reaction but, online, I wouldn`t think you`d get a response in time to be useful.

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually you don't get a response in time but I like to try anyway. I like to call his hand and see if he'd show.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Uncle/Aunt Zinny has it right as usual Freak.

D

deucedeuce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if you make your decisions based on the other persons chat you should try another game.

gordo30

gordo30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah its to stop people chatting that they folded or are playing a hand that can,t be beaten so as to make it fair for the person making the call if that make sense i,e collusion like ZIN said.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you make your decisions based on the other persons chat you should try another game.
Any suggestions? Why wouldn't or shouldn't you use ALL the information available to you to make your decision?

JeeDub84

JeeDub84

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a person who like all of us need to improve thier game. I disagree with his statement, but people trust other types of reads more than others.