The 5 minute break

J

jarzi85

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely to short. 15 minutes would be beautifull.

taban13

taban13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 minutes I think is more than enough for this time much can be done. When to take breaks at 5-10 tournament will last for half a day.

kidpoker324

kidpoker324

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
5 min is ok, generally i am waiting for break to finish, its getting boring and you can do most of your things during the 5 min

S

sepo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ten minutes is ok .. five minutes not is a break :D

W

waterboy73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker can be mentally draining at times, especially if multi-tabling and really trying to absorb all you can while playing.. So I welcome the 5 minute break every hour. Would I like to have a longer break occasionally? Yes, of course! But that would just cause the breaks to be synchronized, and I prefer my games all to go to break at the same time (all the games on any given site, at least.) If there was a way to have every third break be 10 minutes, that would be sweet. But like I said, it would cause the rest of the breaks to be unsynchronized, so I guess there is no other feasible alternative.. Other than possibly extending the break by a minute or two.. I'm pretty sure ALOT of thought has gone into this by the poker sites, and this was the best, most realistic option.

juanchoak

juanchoak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
time

It depends on how you are rolling with time. Sometimes it can be very long because you got nothing else to do , but other times is way too short .

JaxA

JaxA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is okay for the first couple of hours but when it gets to 3 hours I would like to see a 15 minute break. It could then go back to 5 minutes with a repeat cycle.

This sounds pretty good to me! On a side note, I wish bovada had synchronized breaks!

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont mind 5 minutes, I like the idea that 5 min for 2-3 levels then a longer 10 min break.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it should vary from tourney to tourney. A freeroll should probably stick with 5 minutes, versus a buy-in tournament maybe getting 10 or big buy-ins like the ftops on FTP or Sunday Million on PS getting a 15 minute break.

M

mj23b

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Five minute break

Hey everyone. Ya I'm not a fan of breaks at all think it's a waste of time. You can fold and have enough time to get a drink lol. Sometimes it even takes 5min for the next hand. I have been playing for a while now and really don't like these. Messes with your momentum to. Saying this I don't mind them though cause it's just five minutes not a big deal but I would prefer to finish quicker if possible. My opinion.

P

pokieman04

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 5 min break is a good time for a break, but some tournys that last a few hours should have longer breaks towards the end I think

S

SwiftHax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's ok when the tourney is around 2 hours, but when they last up to 5-6 hours, I think we should get a 10-15 min break every 2 hours.

R

rudy988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL @ 5 minutes being too short. If anything a 5 minute break every hour is lame. Give me a 5 minute break every 2 hours. I like to play so let's play. Do not look forward to breaks unless I want to smoke and not cigs.

I agree with you :D 5 min break every 2 h would be better for me then 5 min every hour , but sadly none of us can change that :(

greets

K

khansumi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
10 minutes break

10 minute break is enough. for go to bathroom or make cup of coffe:p

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 minutes is fine, the one thing about these breaks is what is perfect for one person, may suck for the next. This is about the most fair time they can come away with, without a long stop in game play.

T

tortuga420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
for me it depends on how i am doing on table 5 min is about right either way. When I am doing good i find it too long but when i am getting blasted and having a bad game i tend to like a longer break....

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't help ya with the break time being 5 minutes, but i make and sell the 'online poker player booths', designed with the online grinder in mind. Felt lined with assorted pictures of skimpily clad ladies,[ or guys for the gals], built in potty, telephone service, a nice coffee maker, tea maker for the British, a pull-up bar to exercise, over-head exhaust fan for the heavy smoker,and a life size figure of Bin-Laden to punch when those bad beats come around. Only $9999.99, free shipping.

I'll take two.

punctual

punctual

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always thought that breaks should be optional and be at least 10 minutes but htere should be options with 5, 10, or 15 and there should only be a break if at least 1 person in teh tournament chooses one of the 5,10, or 15. So if no one presses the 5,10, or 15 button, then there is no break.

G

Garbaniuzas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
10 to 15 minutes will be better, 5 minutes is too short time to do more things.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just enough time to grab a drink and smoke a cig, perfect.

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 mins is too short, not enough time to run to the bathroom for #2 lol Not enough time to get your dinner either lol. It would be nice if they made them 10 mins.

G

german9011

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
for my 5 minutes in the early stages of the tournament are too long but as they spend hours and fatigue starts doing the rounds that the 5 minutes are not as long, you can hardly descanzar

I

IamTheGrinch

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a hypnosis mp3 for the 5 minute break. Helps me relax and focus for the next hour.