The 5 minute break

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
... no breaks on FT unless it goes on for hours.

That`s an interesting thought. Playing live, once you reach the FT, most cardrooms switch to breaks at players` discretion. That is to say, the TD will stop the clock and declare a break whenever the majority of the remaining players express a wish to have one.

My experience of that is it pretty much always results in more breaks, not fewer. I am not sure why that is, maybe just fatigue. By the time you get to the tail end of a live comp, you have usually been playing a loooong time.

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes- make some exercises for your body. Sitting is not good for it, have to shake your body, jump and someting else ^ ^

C

cleiton1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think would be 10 or more because sometime i cant go toilet for this reason so in 10 or more you can do everything you can eat make coffe etc

princippitoo

princippitoo

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sametime is too short anothers is too long ,all depend how are you in this momento in that game ;)

blakewyte

blakewyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel depending on the type of tourney - Hyper, Turbo, Hyper Turbo, Regular, etc.

If Hyper, I'd want a slightly longer break than 5 mins, just so I can get my heart rate to normal because the fast increasing blinds make me panic and stress.

Refinado Tom

Refinado Tom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 min. break is fine for me. Time enough to go to the toilette and prepare a coffee. If you have to do another thing to carry more time you shouldn't be playing a tournament.

M

maxad82

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i feel the break is just right and somtimes the break comes not right at all! During the break i usualy stretch my legs and fetch some water and try to analyze my tactics of the game.

XxsleepydxX

XxsleepydxX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol. It's good that they do offer a period where you get a break. Although, there are times where I also think it's too long and other instances where I think it's too short.

The bottom line is.. people are either going to dislike or like the current break setup... I can certainly live with it... even if it's a love/hate relationship we share.
Anything for poker! =)
Lol

S

sleepymike

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 min. is more than enough time to do what I need to do, smoke, bathroom, get eats, it's all about allotting your time.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That`s an interesting thought. Playing live, once you reach the FT, most cardrooms switch to breaks at players` discretion. That is to say, the TD will stop the clock and declare a break whenever the majority of the remaining players express a wish to have one.

My experience of that is it pretty much always results in more breaks, not fewer. I am not sure why that is, maybe just fatigue. By the time you get to the tail end of a live comp, you have usually been playing a loooong time.
mm-hmm. Ah yah. I see what you did there ^
Nice thinly-veiled bragpost sir! lol
5 min. break is fine for me. Time enough to go to the toilette and prepare a coffee. If you have to do another thing to carry more time you shouldn't be playing a tournament.
I concur.
100% agree with Refinado Tom here. If you're going to sign up for online tournaments then you should be prepared for what's involved. ie. if you think you'll be going deep in them, make sure you have some sort of meals/snacks set aside.

Some suggesting 15min. breaks :eek: Can you imagine how freak'n boring that would be? OMG! I already find myself falling asleep as it is in tournaments & the way they're set up now... & that's not during the breaks.

G

gnarus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes isn't quite enough time for me to take my dog for a quick walk when she needs to go. That's really the only time I would miss a mtt hand!

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minute break

I think different tournaments should have different break times. For example the 100k tournament should have at least a 10 minute break as opposed to the freerolls only 5 minutes.

1blanqueanu1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the rest should be 10 minutes.
Also those 5 minutes sometimes uncomfortably long and sometimes are very short, especially if you have to go out and buy something at the kiosk

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 min are in time i have time to go smoke go make same snack and when i sit back i have about 1 min left ;)

coyotegal

coyotegal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 is plenty enough for me... any longer and I'll wander off and forget I was in a tourney! lol Just kidding, but 5 is enough in my eyes. I'm usually waiting for it to start again.

K

kidanred

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
that's not too long. As for me, 10 minutes would be better

O

OldDog456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah every two hours, you should be able to have enough drinks and food and have a Gatorade bottle near by and take care of business every two hrs.

angelluv725

angelluv725

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Five minutes just gives me enough time to take the dog out and refresh my drink. I would like it ten minutes every hour. I can live with it tho. :)

Staneff

Staneff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 min too short

5 min are too shotr time for a player to take a deep breath and steady before the game resumption. ----> <3 Texas Hold`Em

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is enough, dont need more time for drink or go bathroom...

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes perfect amount of time for cig :smokin: :smokin:

G

Game_Gran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Five minutes is just about right unless my cards are running and then it's way too long.

D

Diamond1990

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
a fifteen-minute break every two hours. That would be cool.: Pepsi:

L

lilnewtdog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
synchronized 5 minute breaks are good but sites are not always synchronized with each other and leaves you with no break at all.