5 Card Draw techniques.

eqgh5uea

eqgh5uea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I recently just started to play 5-CD (1 draw) and I think it's pretty excitting. Needless to say, I'm going to become an active participant in the Full Tilt-held games.
Do you guys have any pointers?

22222.jpg

2222.jpg

Not the best hand but it was extremely lucky.

Last edited:
danprince10

danprince10

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
imo ship the nickels with the quad deuces.

Anyways my one tip is if you ever get dealt a straight,flush, or full house pre draw and with it. Usually you can get away with a decent size raise pre draw have someboy call, bet out with nothing and people will just muck it the next time or 2 without showing it. I usually play pot limit though, people may try this play a bit more frequently in no limit and have less respect for it though.

eqgh5uea

eqgh5uea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
imo ship the nickels with the quad deuces.

Anyways my one tip is if you ever get dealt a straight,flush, or full house pre draw and with it. Usually you can get away with a decent size raise pre draw have someboy call, bet out with nothing and people will just muck it the next time or 2 without showing it. I usually play pot limit though, people may try this play a bit more frequently in no limit and have less respect for it though.
Thanks. I'll try that right after a big hand...

Str8 success:
str8t.jpg

str8.jpg

eqgh5uea

eqgh5uea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After failing to get two pairs, I switched my game style with very exciting results!!!
Two-pair-fail-attempt1:
twopairattempt1.jpg

twopairattempt2.jpg

Two pair success:
twopair1.jpg

twopair2.jpg

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you have AK224, I usually keep the A22, raise pre draw, bet big after the draw representing a set. works mircles in the long run.

also, when I have a set, let say 999A5, I keep the 333A and once again raise pre draw, and bet big after the draw representing 2 pair, or a missed draw, maybe you get called by a pair, or 2 pair or smaller set.

B

buster999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to keep at leat 3 cards no matter what. That way you opponet never knows what you have . that way you can bluff, get people to call your trips, and protect a big single pair. I think its alot easier to bluff in this game then HE.

eqgh5uea

eqgh5uea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to keep at leat 3 cards no matter what. That way you opponet never knows what you have . that way you can bluff, get people to call your trips, and protect a big single pair. I think its alot easier to bluff in this game then HE.
Ya, but I find it's a lot harder of a game.

T

TardisBlue

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually with 22A, you should simply FOLD pre-draw.

Drawing two to represent trips is quite silly at 1¢/2¢ is silly because it commits you to bluffing players who couldn't care less.

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually with 22A, you should simply FOLD pre-draw.

Drawing two to represent trips is quite silly at 1¢/2¢ is silly because it commits you to bluffing players who couldn't care less.

sorry, I don't play 1c/2c, more like 10c/20c at least where you can put a little bit pressure on the guys, however you are right about the 1c/2c, people will call with anything there.