30$ BR to catch the 2.50 buy in 129$ prize

B

Balaxz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello cards chat. Made a little deposit of 30$ to win the 130$ price of the micro 2.50$ buy in MTT in stars. Asking if this could work, and if the variance does not affect me and I win the big prize, what should be next. Keep grinding in the 2.50 or try cash or SnGs. I registered my account with CC600 but I dont know for what it is. Also, is MTT a good way of making profit? or should I start looking for the ring games.

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It COULD work, but realistically, you've got 12 buy-ins for that tournament, so the numbers are against you. If $30 isn't a huge deal, I say go for it and replenish in a month. If you go broke before that monthly deposit, spend the time reading articles and paticipating in this forum.

On the bright side, since you signed up with the Cardschat code, you should be automatically eligible for the special PS monthly freeroll -- look in the "stickys" of the "Cardschat Freeroll" section for signup info.

Welcome to the forum and good luck!

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello cards chat. Made a little deposit of 30$ to win the 130$ price of the micro 2.50$ buy in MTT in stars. Asking if this could work, and if the variance does not affect me and I win the big prize, what should be next. Keep grinding in the 2.50 or try cash or SnGs. I registered my account with CC600 but I dont know for what it is. Also, is MTT a good way of making profit? or should I start looking for the ring games.

Of course it can work, I don't recommend it though if you're new to the game, I think you will struggle unless you get lucky. If you're looking at learning and trying to improve then there is no reason not to start at the $0.50, as this gives you a real amount of buy-ins, you get 60 buy-ins as opposed to 12 and this actually gives you some play if you suffer bad variance to start with. I had to grind from $10.00 with the $0.25 games and eventually have turned it into just over $1000 but withdrawn half of it so back grinding $2.00-$5.00 myself.

There is no reason to try and rush, take your time and play with the appropriate amount of buyins. If you have used the code via cardschat, you're also entitled to play the monthly freerolls which are very good for a BR boost.

Goodluck!

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play $1 Sit and Go tournaments or 1c/2c cash

M

MIGO14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess this is not a god bankroll management.
You should try something with lower buy in.