100% load bonus/are NL holdem players good at 7 card stud?

Are NL holdem players better at limit 7 card stud than they are at their own game?

• Yes, NL Holdem players are at an advantage

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
L

l_b_rex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I made my account at titanpoker.com and they gave me an automatic $10 bonus for joining and also matched my 1st deposit to earn. By earn I mean as you play, you earn titan points. every 1000 points you accumulate you recieve $10 until the 100% bonus has been reached.
example: my deposit $50.00+$10 immediately, then I earned 1000 points = $10, got to 2000 = $10, etc. until 5000 points.
I made that deposit in August 2006 and my g-friend made hers on Oct. 17th with the same promotion still on. I think that promotion is always active!

Great Site by the way.

Cool idea. I thought I'd share
The deal is still on too!
====================================================
Also, is it just me but I have been playin NL Texas Holdem for 1 yr. Last night I decided to try 7 card stud for my 1st time. I understood the rules, but I smoked those guys. Skunked all 3 opponents in under 1 hr. it was .05/.10 for raising. I wanted to be careful not to lose much so I only took $1.00 in. I left an hour later with $8.85 and it seemed so easy! So my question is: Are texas holdem players better at 7 card stud than 7 card stud players are?
My experience there was that I folded a lot more than they did. They called raise after raise and I just played in hands where I had a good starting hand.
I believe we may be better because we are used to waiting for a pair or high/ suited cards to be dealt in our pocket. The mistakes in NL are far worse than in 7 card stud (must have been pot limit). So we are more patient.

What does everyone else think?

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think sites are rigged so you win the first time you play any new game. First time I played stud at Party I cleaned up. More difficult after that. Rigged or beginners' luck. I bet you can't repeat the performance.

L

l_b_rex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That would explain why I won $110 dollars in my first 2 weeks at holdem. Since then, not much luck.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are different stragedies when you compare Hold em and seven card stud. There are some players here who are good at hold em and openly admit that they suck at stud. I play both and I'm in a different mode of thinking when I play stud.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules