Zoom - can't maintain winrate @ 5nl compared to 2nl

L

ludde2009

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone,

Currently on the move through Australia for the past 3 months, so can't really keep my game up as I want to - although I've been trying to get some volume down here and I've managed to play around 60k hands.

I solely play Zoom poker on stars.

After 45k hands on 2nl I am at a winrate of 15 bb/100, whilist playing 15k hands on 5nl i am at a winrate of -2.5bb/100.

My EV on 5nl is +2 BI (result is -4 BI), but I'm not sure whether I play bad or just been on a downswing. I try to review hands after each session, but never come to any great conclusions except some spots here and there I could play differently.

But it feels like I should be able to achieve a good winrate on 5nl since I pretty much crush 2nl. (These stats are just from my travel, been beating 2nl for the past year over 200k hands @ 10bb/100 and 5nl for 3-5bb/100 over 50k hands)

I just feel I lack that little "extra" to give me the same edge over players at 5nl as I have over players at 2nl.

So was thinking of taking some time off the tables (1 month before I get home) and studying. Soo... where should I begin? I already have a solid base from my micro grinding, but it feels I have to read each article series from scratch to not miss out on any details - but that also feels mind numbing.

So basically what I'm asking: Give me all your links to be able to improve my game off the tables as much as possible during 1 month. And hopefully I'll be able to move up to 10nl in a couple of months.

remus_ny

remus_ny

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for 6max: Books that helped me alot when I recently switched from FR to 6max:
1. Ryan Fee's 6 max Guide
2. Easy Game 3rd Edition by Andrew Seidman
3. Harrington on Online Cash Games
4. Ed Miller How To Read Hands At No-Limit Hold'em

dooydoo

dooydoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Compare your 2nl stats vs 5nl stats using HEM. See if anything is different. For example maybe your cb is 60% at 2nl but 30% at 5nl or something. Compare your opening ranges as well. Also look at your biggest losers and see what you couldve done differently.

Dont fret about winrate, just look to improve your game and it your winrate will increase on its own.