What's a normal conversion rate for QQ+ hands ?

E

enesem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's been while since I posted, I have been working on my game and progress is interesting.

One thing I have noticed is my conversion rate for premium hands seems very odd. In my last 40k hands (2015), I have worked out the following stats:

For all hands AA, KK, QQ or AKs and AKo, I have a conversion rate of 6% - that is to say, only 6% of these hands actually win something decent. Here is the breakdown:

70% - No action - everyone folds to my preflop 3bb raise or pref flop 3 bet, or everyone folds to flop c-bet/value bet.

24% - Hand will lose - QQ lose to KK or AA, KK lose to AA (5 times in a row..), AA lose to set, flopped set lose to straight/Full house etc. These are big losses as it could be a big pre-flop raising session, or good flops that end up with big betting. My fold discipline is good and I do fold when I think I am beat post flop, though sometimes the pot is big. Big losses overall.

6% - Getting it in good and winning a decent pot.

So, my question is, under normal circumstances, what should these percentages be ?

Thanks.

NM

A

avner

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never saw calculation of what you've asked, just precentages to win hand with hole cards.

solargarlic

solargarlic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I know what you are talking about but I too need more information. I hope you get better luck soon we all have bad spells I know I am having one as well. Hang in there and try not to let it get you down.

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Noone is keeping such "counter", so its hard to compare.

And its soo much affected by the room you are at and your image at table.

If you have problems to get some action on QQ+, then maybe your image is too tight. Then you need to loosen your game a bit preflop.

You either get more action on premium hands.
Or you steal more blinds with thrash.

Fknife

Fknife

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omg! Good, old @enesem! I thought you've left poker and CC for good. Great to see you back! :)

Yea, about those percentages...I dont think you can determine such thing that easily. I believe that your exploitive adjustments as well as the average player field, that you're playing against, have a huge impact on those numbers.

70% - No action - everyone folds to my preflop 3bb raise or pref flop 3 bet, or everyone folds to flop c-bet/value bet.

a) you probably also fold preflop when they open top hands, so its not like you are the only one not getting any action with them b) some random adjustments, which just came to my mind, to get slightly more value: calling 3bets with KK+ instead of auto 4-betting against guys who always fold to 4bets; taking a x/c (or check behind) line against guys who fold a lot to cbets but like to stab OTF/OTT against PFR's passivity postflop etc.

24% - Hand will lose - QQ lose to KK or AA, KK lose to AA (5 times in a row..),
Those are just setups (especially preflop), I wouldnt worry too much about that kind of stuff.

AA lose to set, flopped set lose to straight/Full house etc. These are big losses as it could be a big pre-flop raising session, or good flops that end up with big betting. My fold discipline is good and I do fold when I think I am beat post flop, though sometimes the pot is big. Big losses overall.

Well, stacking people with just a TP is not that easy anymore, I guess...

What have you been up to lately? :)

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rather than worry about how often you won a big pot with those hands, Just remember they are usually 1 pair hands, which do not generally win all that much.

T

Tgen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are not getting action then probably you are playing against nits , in this case slowplay might help.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands