Villain hero call?

akaRobbo

akaRobbo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This guy had nitty stats of the 150 or so hands I had of him. Something like 14/10/2 (6max).

Im just done with making any plays at 10NL now, finished, its getting beyond a joke. People just call with literally anything. Or am I just bad at bluffing? Im not ranting, its just amazing how people can sit down with $10 and have no clue what they are doing. Even the so called regs and nits do! I thought 10NL would be better than 5, but its the exact same LOL. Maybe ill just wait for the best cards every time and stick to value betting top pair good kickers or better from now on? Jeez.

Take a look guys, any thoughts?

full tilt poker Game (6 max) - NL Hold'em - $0.05/$0.10
Seat 1: AlexeyTustik ($13.69)
Seat 2: akaRobbo ($10.05)
Seat 3: Giri10 ($6.48)
Seat 4: Staszko56 ($14.48)
Seat 5: TSJ147 ($26.52)
Seat 6: KKOLEGAA ($10)
akaRobbo posts the small blind of $0.05
Giri10 posts the big blind of $0.10
KKOLEGAA posts $0.10
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to akaRobbo [Ad Js]
Staszko56 raises to $0.30
TSJ147 folds
KKOLEGAA calls $0.20
AlexeyTustik folds
akaRobbo calls $0.25
Giri10 folds
*** FLOP *** [Kd Qs 9d] (Total Pot: $1, 3 Players)
akaRobbo checks
Staszko56 bets $0.50
KKOLEGAA folds
akaRobbo calls $0.50
*** TURN *** [Kd Qs 9d] [Ks] (Total Pot: $2, 2 Players)
akaRobbo checks
Staszko56 bets $0.60
akaRobbo calls $0.60
*** RIVER *** [Kd Qs 9d Ks] [5d] (Total Pot: $3.20, 2 Players)
akaRobbo bets $2.20
Staszko56 calls $2.20
*** SHOW DOWN ***
akaRobbo shows [Ad Js] a pair of Kings
Staszko56 shows [Qh Jd] two pair, Kings and Queens
Staszko56 wins the pot ($7.22) with two pair, Kings and Queens
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $7.60 | Rake $0.38
Board: [Kd Qs 9d Ks 5d]

Amazed he didn't have a flush, I thought once i'd been called I was unlucky and had been repping what I thought he had (flush).

U

Ubercroz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That looked like a bluff. I am not surprised people called.

Also, why are you bluffing? Nothing in what you did made sense, you aren't telling a story. I get you were trying to rep a flush draw, but your just throwing money away.

You need to clamp down and bet for value. Trying to steal pots is just going to lose you money until you get good at it and you understand when you can get away with it.

On this board the guy knew you didn't have a K, and who is going to call to get the flush on a paired board like that for 2 streets? Doesn't make sense.

VALUE. If you want to get good at poker don't try and "make moves" learn how to get value from people. You will never be able to bluff well if you don't know how to stick to a value game. The reason is that once you play for value most of the time (what you need to do to beat micros) then you will start to see spots where no one should have anything and you can start to take uncontested pots. You can start to really pick apart when a high card hits that should miss your opponent and you can rep that K high.

Get better at betting for value. Stop trying to bluff.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding flop right here against a NIT probably would of been the best choice but your bluff was not great. Villain just seems like a calling station and I am pretty sure they are at all levels. Only thing I can think about in villains favor is why would you bet so big when the flush hit on a paired board? Or maybe he didn't even notice the flush draw, who knows haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tvrzKOyFGI

Last edited:
psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call, check, call, check, call, fire 22 BBs. I might think my QJ was good and call you down as well. When you don't have the initiative you shouldn't ever fire with air on the river.

akaRobbo

akaRobbo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call, check, call, check, call, fire 22 BBs. I might think my QJ was good and call you down as well. When you don't have the initiative you shouldn't ever fire with air on the river.

How is he calling with QJ though, I really don't get it tbh. Nice open from him UTG too

Last edited:
U

Ubercroz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How does this not rep a flush? Genuine question.

Read my comment above.

Also you can't rep a hand if someone doesn't think its possible.

And when does a flush ever do this? Just jam like that? More likely a smaller value bet, not a spew heavy bet.

akaRobbo

akaRobbo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read my comment above.

Also you can't rep a hand if someone doesn't think its possible.

And when does a flush ever do this? Just jam like that? More likely a smaller value bet, not a spew heavy bet.

Yeah your comment was helpful, so thanks :). Stealing is a bad habit I need to stop, no question. But its 2/3 pot on the river, I wouldn't think thats jamming or spewing money in there? How can I think he thinks it's not possible too, I should be scared of the paired board, so check my flush? The fact the board is so wet and he's just calling off with a middle pair amazes me. Also wtf is his turn bet of 60c, begging draws to make it.

U

Ubercroz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have the flush bet big. People will call.

If you don't have it, fold on the flop.

Value play means getting out of the hand when you miss.

akaRobbo

akaRobbo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have the flush bet big. People will call.

If you don't have it, fold on the flop.

Value play means getting out of the hand when you miss.

When regs and non-idiots start obviously playing bluffy/ fancy would you advise to play back at them a bit? Or continue to just bet solely with the best hand? I find if you're sat at a table with 4/5 regs you make very little money if any from value bets so if you want to make any money you need to change something, otherwise the blinds just kill your win-rate. Also once they have identified you for a few hundred hands, you become incredibly easy to play against.

U

Ubercroz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When regs and non-idiots start obviously playing bluffy/ fancy would you advise to play back at them a bit? Or continue to just bet solely with the best hand? I find if you're sat at a table with 4/5 regs you make very little money if any from value bets so if you want to make any money you need to change something, otherwise the blinds just kill your win-rate. Also once they have identified you for a few hundred hands, you become incredibly easy to play against.

Of course you need to start adjusting your play. Its manner in which you adjust. You should still be betting for value, but now you can change what a hand that has "value" is.

If you are at a table with 4/5 regs you should move tables.

If you can't make money of the regs at 10nl, then you need to get better. The regs are not that good.

I have been playing 10nl for the past couple of months to see what all the fuss is about and I have never needed to deviate from value betting.