Table overview during sessions.

P

pokervike

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to start a discussion about 'what are we looking to profit from in players at a table'. Each table has it's own dynamic and each table has some type of recognizable players types. Where I seem to succeed very comfortably playing brick and mortar I seem to equally struggle finding the same spots online. Online seems to carry much more aggression post flop but not so much post river. For example, brick I find lots of profit from value betting the river after a standard 3bb C-bet to the flop then checking the turn with TP or PP over the street say, JJ with a board of 2-6-10; 8; x. I will treat each player with their own set of parameters to size my bets with or even if I need to check in order to get them thinking that their aggression will fold me when I hit hard. My online stat for WSDW is 57.5 with a vpip for ring at 27 AF 2.1 I try to run around the same pos/range in both. Somewhere I'm missing the mark and haven't a damned clue where but I'm not as profitable by any stretch of the imagination. brick I play 1/2 nlhe or sometimes if the game is open while waiting I play 3/6 lhe. Online I have invested a lot of time with some friends who have 'coached' or railed me at micro stake sizes but do not play brick and think I should be playing 8-10 tables instead of playing higher and focusing on two. While I hear this argument lots I don't prefer it because it takes the enjoyment out of the game for me. Frankly, if I don't enjoy it for $10-$30 I'm not going to do it. I don't want this to become a discussion about online vs. brick please start your own thread for such discussions thanks!

P

pokervike

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And yes, if I wasn't clear, this is more about the 'run of the mill' small pots type of hands that really add up over the course of the week plus add some fire power for the big hands we all brag about at the fishing hole. ;) online many of these hands seem to explode in size for no apparent reason more often than the brick hands do and I know I could/should be playing these hands better.