stats question!!

S

shano_88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably a stupid question but i read threads with people talking about their stats as 20/17/3 or 30/25/5 or whatever. Im just wondering how you get these stats and what do they eman. Im a regular player on ft and would love to get my stats. I dont have poker tracker or poker office or anything like that if that is what i need to get it.............

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably a stupid question but i read threads with people talking about their stats as 20/17/3 or 30/25/5 or whatever. Im just wondering how you get these stats and what do they eman. Im a regular player on ft and would love to get my stats. I dont have poker tracker or poker office or anything like that if that is what i need to get it.............

Those stats come from PT or Holdem Manager. If you are a reg, you are loosing a ton of value by not buying one of those.

first one is vpip, i.e. % of hands where you voluntarily put $ in the pot preflop
second one is pfr, i.e. % of hands that you raise preflop
third one is af, i.e. aggression factor, which is the ratio of bets and raises vs. calls on all post flop streets.

S

shano_88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
which one would you recomend? tracker or hold em manager? they seem pricey enough at around $80. do you really think theyre is alot of value in purchasing?

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
which one would you recomend? tracker or hold em manager? they seem pricey enough at around $80. do you really think theyre is alot of value in purchasing?

If you only play ring games, i personally believe Holdem Manager is better. But for a mix of ring and SNGs, PT has a slight edge. Most ring regulars here use Holdem Manager I believe.

What stakes do you play? If you play 50nl or below, you can get a small stakes version of HEM at a reduced price ($55) that you can upgrade later on when you move up in levels. If you play 100nl or more, both programs cost less than 1 buy-in so it's pretty cheap anyway.

And if you use them correctly, they will be worth a hell of a lot more than their price.

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're playing with any frequency, then yeah definitely. It pays for itself in no time. I use HEM, and I love it. If you're a cash game player, I'd recommend HEM, but if you're into tournys, then it's not the one for you. PT does a much better job with those.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have PT, and though I don't always use it, I do use it to analyze my game about once a month. This will change as soon as the program gets better.

Apparently HEM has little if any tourney support, but the ring guys around here like it. They mostly all used to be PT folk, but PT ran into a long bad stretch during the current development of PT3 and they sort of had to look elsewhere.

What both will do is help you keep track of your money. This was the most important thing I got from finally adopting a tracker.

Both PT3, and HEM are continually developing. They both started a new product cycle about 1 year ago, and both are very ambitious. I have no experience with HEM other than what I read around here, but it looks like by March of next year, both programs will be very near what they originally envisioned.

You will find value in either package now though. As has been said, if your into tournies, you want to check out PT3, if you are only ring, HEM covers it well, if you mix then PT3 gets the nod.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just be aware that HEM is not allowed on Full Tilt.

S

shano_88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the advise, i thinks poker tracker sounds better for me. i play more tourneys and sit n gos thank ring games. im going to look into getting it anyway. maybe it will help!!!!

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just be aware that HEM is not allowed on Full Tilt.

Link to that info?

I know that their support said so to a CC member, but i've never seen it anywhere on FT's web site and i would be really strange given they are much more open to data mining than PS. I mean, tablerankings is enabled for FTP and HEM would be forbidden? WTF?

S

shano_88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im using the trial version of poker tracker 3 and have played and iploaded hand historys for 3 sit n gos. my stats are 28/20/3. what does thsi say about my game? too tight, too loose? any comments appreciated..........

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for sngs you can only look at stats by blinds level

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, but if you play well, your stats should vary according to blind levels and to number of players, so the overall average won't tell you anything.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed, stats for SnG's are pretty meaningless, since any player with half a brain will be altering his preflop ranges very often due to blinds increasing & players getting knocked out. If I played SnG's, I'd probably play without a HUD.

GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I was also trying to figure out a way to get PT3, and I wanted it for the less possible $, I actualy came accross some one that offers free poker tracker license, but in exchange you have to subscribe to some poker rooms and make a minimum deposit, they do not force you to their choice of poker rooms and have a great variety of those, I don't want to advertise so you can google "Free Poker Tracker 3" and you will find many promotions, one may suit you.

HTH,

W

WEED ISGOOD420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i honestly think the stats that r in full tilt r good enough. plus u can save every hand u played up to a certain amout of hands it explains in the main menu on full tilt under options. (hand history) or in the forum for full tilt forum

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have found and used Poker Edge software,

this is spam and i assume a mod will remove it.

PokerEdge is forbidden software on PS, FTP, ... using it basically means you risk getting your account frozen and funds confiscated. Looks like a great deal indeed.

Pot Ripper

Pot Ripper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is spamming?

I am new to this forum as of today and I noticed that someone reported someone was spamming, what does that mean? Does it mean you cannot mention a product by its name or what, I have noticed Poker Tracker 3 mentioned, Holdem Manager mentioned and a few others in this thread.

Then I see this guy Belgo-something accuse some other guy named pletho of spamming and it looks like his post is now missing because I cannot find in here at all.

Here is what confuses me:

Originally Posted by pletho

Those stats come from Poker Tracker or Holdem Manager this is quoted from BelgoSuisse

Poker Tracker does a much better job with those. quoted from Mase31683

I don't want to advertise so you can google "Free Poker Tracker 3" quoted from GotaLovePoke

Whats is the difference in this people mentioning what they have mentioned?

So for my information and for my protection when I post, can I say Holdem Manager or Poker Tracker or Full Tilt or Poker Edge with out getting in trouble like this other guy did?

How should I communicate if I want to share my advice and strategies ect....

I frequent a billiards forum and I noticed that in that forum people who had been on there for a long time had great influence and the ability to get others in trouble, it seemed as though that the forum MODS and community had a respect of persons issue and engaged quite alot in hypocrisy, I hope this forum isn's like that also, I really love poker and talking about poker with others but I do not want to get in trouble or accused of saying something wrong.

Help a newbie................

Last edited:
Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont forget Poker Office, it is also a contender and works well similar to PT3.

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really love poker and talking about poker with others but I do not want to get in trouble or accused of saying something wrong.
With your screen name, you're not off to a great start.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am new to this forum as of today and I noticed that someone reported someone was spamming, what does that mean? Does it mean you cannot mention a product by its name or what, I have noticed Poker Tracker 3 mentioned, Holdem Manager mentioned and a few others in this thread.

Then I see this guy Belgo-something accuse some other guy named pletho of spamming and it looks like his post is now missing because I cannot find in here at all.

Here is what confuses me:

Originally Posted by pletho

Those stats come from Poker Tracker or Holdem Manager this is quoted from BelgoSuisse

Poker Tracker does a much better job with those. quoted from Mase31683

I don't want to advertise so you can google "Free Poker Tracker 3" quoted from GotaLovePoke

Whats is the difference in this people mentioning what they have mentioned?

So for my information and for my protection when I post, can I say Holdem Manager or Poker Tracker or Full Tilt or Poker Edge with out getting in trouble like this other guy did?

How should I communicate if I want to share my advice and strategies ect....

I frequent a billiards forum and I noticed that in that forum people who had been on there for a long time had great influence and the ability to get others in trouble, it seemed as though that the forum MODS and community had a respect of persons issue and engaged quite alot in hypocrisy, I hope this forum isn's like that also, I really love poker and talking about poker with others but I do not want to get in trouble or accused of saying something wrong.

Help a newbie................
pokertracker and HEM are reputable programs but poker-edge is not a reputable program.
There is a thread somewhere which explains spam posting better, just use the search function for more info.
As for long standing members having more pull with the mods to get others in trouble, well........We don't get anyone in trouble who get themselves in trouble.
IMO, we long standing members are a little more mature in that we won't get ppl kicked out of here just because we don't like what they said, if they say something out of line we are confident enough in our mods to take care of it.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

A new member making his first post a very long advocacy of a program that is illicit on most poker sites is spam.

And in most social circles, while people are discussing about their works and hobbies and someone comes along and says: "i discovered a great hobby that also makes me a ton of money, it's called armed robbery", he won't be too welcome.

Pot Ripper

Pot Ripper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm?

A new member making his first post a very long advocacy of a program that is illicit on most poker sites is spam.

And in most social circles, while people are discussing about their works and hobbies and someone comes along and says: "i discovered a great hobby that also makes me a ton of money, it's called armed robbery", he won't be too welcome.

This makes no sense to me? A new member making his first post a very long advocacy of a program that is illicit on most poker sites is spam.

I actually looked it up and this is what I found, for what it is worth...

Spamming is the abuse of electronic messaging systems to indiscriminately send unsolicited bulk messages. While the most widely recognized form of spam is e-mail spam, the term is applied to similar abuses in other media: instant messaging spam, Usenet newsgroup spam, Web search engine spam, spam in blogs, wiki spam, Online classified ads spam, mobile phone messaging spam, Internet forum spam and junk fax transmissions.
Spamming remains economically viable because advertisers have no operating costs beyond the management of their mailing lists, and it is difficult to hold senders accountable for their mass mailings. Because the barrier to entry is so low, spammers are numerous, and the volume of unsolicited mail has become very high. The costs, such as lost productivity and fraud, are borne by the public and by Internet service providers, which have been forced to add extra capacity to cope with the deluge. Spamming is widely reviled, and has been the subject of legislation in many jurisdictions.[citation needed]

I will do my best to stay on your good side BelgoSuisse, you seem to have a
handle on things around here...Maybe I will see you at the tables sometime
and we can have fun playing poker together...?

Well its back to the grind for me.....playing no limit holdem online........by the way my online name isn't Pot Ripper, I just like the name, I may use it though soon on a new site, it seems a little intimadating I think....

Talk to ya all later...

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This makes no sense to me? A new member making his first post a very long advocacy of a program that is illicit on most poker sites is spam.

I actually looked it up and this is what I found, for what it is worth...

Spamming is the abuse of electronic messaging systems to indiscriminately send unsolicited bulk messages. While the most widely recognized form of spam is e-mail spam, the term is applied to similar abuses in other media: instant messaging spam, Usenet newsgroup spam, Web search engine spam, spam in blogs, wiki spam, Online classified ads spam, mobile phone messaging spam, Internet forum spam and junk fax transmissions.
Spamming remains economically viable because advertisers have no operating costs beyond the management of their mailing lists, and it is difficult to hold senders accountable for their mass mailings. Because the barrier to entry is so low, spammers are numerous, and the volume of unsolicited mail has become very high. The costs, such as lost productivity and fraud, are borne by the public and by Internet service providers, which have been forced to add extra capacity to cope with the deluge. Spamming is widely reviled, and has been the subject of legislation in many jurisdictions.[citation needed]

I will do my best to stay on your good side BelgoSuisse, you seem to have a
handle on things around here...Maybe I will see you at the tables sometime
and we can have fun playing poker together...?

Well its back to the grind for me.....playing no limit holdem online........by the way my online name isn't Pot Ripper, I just like the name, I may use it though soon on a new site, it seems a little intimadating I think....

Talk to ya all later...

NOTE:
• CardsChat reserves the right to remove any threads or posts without prior warning.
• CardsChat reserves the right to remove/warn any members who willfully violate the forum rules. • The moderator or admin's decision is always final
:D

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Link to that info?

I know that their support said so to a CC member, but i've never seen it anywhere on FT's web site and i would be really strange given they are much more open to data mining than PokerStars. I mean, tablerankings is enabled for Full Tilt Poker and HEM would be forbidden? WTF?

It came up in last months LC thread i think. If I remember correctly Debi emailed FT support to confirm as well.