speed/zoom vs normal tables

igySK

igySK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think normal tables are easier to beat than speed/zoom tables? Which are more +EV in terms of $/hour?

Kostone

Kostone

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have tried both and lost a bit on normal tables, but currently winning at the zoom, everyone plays either Tight, or Fishy. So is easier to steal blinds whilst waiting for them big hands.

Just my 0.02c

Bowman26

Bowman26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have tried both and lost a bit on normal tables, but currently winning at the zoom, everyone plays either Tight, or Fishy. So is easier to steal blinds whilst waiting for them big hands.

Just my 0.02c

Everyone plays tight on the Zoom? I tried it for a minute and got dizzy. I guess prefer to sit and get a feel for how I am playing against at a table it is so much a part of the game. Sucks that Bovada only uses Player# and no nicks so you can see who is who later. Hell if you look away now player two might go from maniac calling station to having left and a tight player 2 suddenly appears you never notice lol.

R

rafaelmarcon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You will feel a big difference and are different types of games.

E

ezevan1022

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would imagine zoom would be more profitable just because you get to see such a higher volume of hands now bb per 100 I would say a normal game.

H

heAdstroMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the player pool won't be too different depending on stakes, 50nl+ will be a lot more reg heavy in the zoom department.

depends on how quickly you can think about poker, and how much time you need to make your decisions. for example I don't play as well when I'm in a rush so zoom is not ideal for myself.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think zoom is easier and funner and more profitable. But i think at the end of the day it comes down to personal prefferences and playing style. If you can play a good LAG style zoom can be profitable cause you come across alot of nits that aren't willing to laydown their preflop beasts on ugly boards.

G

Gukeriporu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like zoom ... it's too fast for me ...