Some lines that are -EV??

EchoEllis

EchoEllis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
so I was looking at over my entire cash database on HEM2 (260k hands) at the micros and some lines that I've been taking - whether they are profitable or not.

Here's a few that surprised me, and my reasons for it surprising me:

1, ISO raises only profitable at A6s+,J10+ and 55+
-I was under the influence that it is best to ISO raise very wide IP - even down to any K, most Qs or any 2 gapper unsuited connectors e.g 97, 64 etc (anything playable)

2, Cbetting with air - hugely non profitable?!
-This one really surprised me, with straight or flush draws its profitable but not with nothing. I've always thought that at the micros you should c-bet 75%+ of the time at the micros - yes this does depend on the player and board texture etc but to unknowns surely it should be most of the time?

3, Raising preflop - profitable most of the time
- Basically most playable hands IP are overall profitable for me, hands as low as any suited connectors, 2 gappers, most 3 gappers or any 10

Would love to hear some opinions on these results - especially the cbet one.

Thanks.

Fknife

Fknife

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2, Cbetting with air - hugely non profitable?!
-This one really surprised me, with straight or flush draws its profitable but not with nothing. I've always thought that at the micros you should c-bet 75%+ of the time at the micros - yes this does depend on the player and board texture etc but to unknowns surely it should be most of the time?

Would love to hear some opinions on these results - especially the cbet one.

Nothing surprising here (at least to me), if you're cbetting that much (against unknowns) then what are you doing with:
a) all that junk that you carry with you to the later streets?
b) hands that you're not cbetting?

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. This one isn't suprising especially in early micros. People can't let go of draws and are forced into pots going all in with gut shots/flush draws and are total underdogs or have reverse implied odds.

2. Cbetting... if you have nothing you can bet perceived range as well... So sometimes people are betting with nothing but with a purpose.

3. From BTN keep an idea on your players in the blinds. If they are real tight then ATC will get the fold making all cards +ev.

EchoEllis

EchoEllis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies, I take on board what you've said