Pre Flop 3bet % hand

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm keen to know people's top ten most succesful hands in terms of win % is and what your 3bet preflop percentage is with these. I'm fairly sure I don't 3bet enough preflop.

Mine:

AA - 65%
KK - 98%
QQ - 64%
JJ - 44%
AKs - 57%
AKo - 53%
TT - 25%
AJs - 8%
88 - 11%
AQs - 4%

As you can see after the AK hands there is a huge drop off, I also don't think I 3 bet AK enough...how do these stats compare to yours?

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm keen to know people's top ten most succesful hands in terms of win % is and what your 3bet preflop percentage is with these. I'm fairly sure I don't 3bet enough preflop.

Mine:

AA - 65%
KK - 98%
QQ - 64%
JJ - 44%
AKs - 57%
AKo - 53%
TT - 25%
AJs - 8%
88 - 11%
AQs - 4%

As you can see after the AK hands there is a huge drop off, I also don't think I 3 bet AK enough...how do these stats compare to yours?

Successful 3betting is dependent on:

1. villain's willingness to fold to a 3bet.
  2. Villain's 4bet range.
  3. Villain's open raising range
  4. your hand's equity against that range
  5. your position at the table
  6. the opponents that are behind you and how aggressive they are.
  7. Your table image

If villain folds to 3bets easily you can 3bet a pretty wide range of hands and actually would do plenty of 3bet bluffing and calling with the top of your range for value.

If his 4bet range is 1% he is only 4betting KK+ and possibly AKs.

If he doesn't fold easily then you need to know his opening range. If he open raises UTG with a range around 4% he is opening with TT+ AQs+ AKo,so using Pokerstove and plug that range against various hands KK QQ JJ AKs, etc.

What is your position? If you are in MP you will need to 3bet more narrowly than if you are on the button if there is any chance that someone behind you could 4bet over you.

What is your table image. Are you tight or loose. How aggressive are you.

Once you think about all these factors you can make better 3betting decisions. Against some villain's I would only 3bet AA & KK, against others I would 3bet 88+ or AQo. Against some I would 3bet bluff with 72o or 3bet semi-bluff A3s or 76s.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't quite understand the question but I think what you're asking:

AA - 79.8
KK - 80.7
QQ - 66.19
AKs - 79.7
AKo - 81.1
JJ - 51.1
AQs - 45
AQo - 47.2
TT - 31
99 - 18.3

Overall 3bet is 4.5%.

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't quite understand the question but I think what you're asking:

AA - 79.8
KK - 80.7
QQ - 66.19
AKs - 79.7
AKo - 81.1
JJ - 51.1
AQs - 45
AQo - 47.2
TT - 31
99 - 18.3

Overall 3bet is 4.5%.

I'm just looking to see a general idea of people's PF 3bet% per hand without getting into specifics on villain, table dynamics etc. I know that's all important when 3betting but as a general benchmark I wanted to see if I'm 3 betting enough or not. I guess expanding this out by position would also be useful.

D

Deceitful_Frank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The average 3-bet% for 5NL is around 2.8 with I guess means QQ+, AKo and AKs with very little light 3-betting.

I would just stick with these and perhaps add in the 3-bet with 67s-89s and A2s-A5s when you have position, his range is weak and his fold to 3-bet% is high. Watch out for those short stacks because if your 3-bet is like 1/3 effective stacks and he shoves you will feel commited.

My standard raise is 4X+limpers and 3.5X for a 3-bet IP but I think there could be a case for slightly smaller bets against shorter stacks. Plus his fold to pre-flop 3-bet can be lower and still give you instant profit.

I need to work on my light 3-bets too but in RUSH poker there are few opportunities IP that are higher EV than hitting the "quickfold" button!

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your opponent is at least as important as your cards when deciding on a 3bet. Since we don't face the same opponents, percentages really don't mean much. fwiw, i play sessions where I 3bet 10% and i play sessions where i 3bet 1%.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your opponent is at least as important as your cards when deciding on a 3bet. Since we don't face the same opponents, percentages really don't mean much. fwiw, i play sessions where I 3bet 10% and i play sessions where i 3bet 1%.

Another thing is that when 3betting a wide range, you can unbalence it.

Against a player who folds a lot to 3bets but c-bets a lot postflop, you can take hands like AA,KK,QQ AK out of your 3bet range and put them into your calling range. Instead 3betting hands like 9Ts A3o etc.

The basic idea is that he folds so often that your big hands loose value when you 3bet them but gain value when you call with them. WHereas your weaker hands gain value when you 3bet them (as he folds) and loose value when you call with them.. as you need to hit postflop.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands