poker help..

aceofspade

aceofspade

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm
I played on pokerstars few times before recreationaly only , now I consider it playing to make some money. I want to put in hours in studying but I'm gonna need your help.
I don't have yet my bankroll but I'm hoping I could save up to 50$ and deposit.

What do you recommend playing in this range of bankroll and how to build it up? I was thinking of 0.01/0.02 nl holdem full ring and download HM2 free trial...until i have some money to buy it.

I read Dusty Schmidt Leatherass book and now I'm reading "Harringoton on cash games vol I " next one is Harrington vol2

Anyway I understand pot odds and know how to compare them to hand odds ( if it's called like that :confused: ?

My questions for you.

What are other things I have to learn about mathematical side of poker? ( today I found "Combos 101" post here but don't quite understand it )

Is it possible to make few mistakes in a session and still play profitably?

Other books you can recommend on cash games?

Proper bankroll management with 50$ deposit ?

How to calculate your hourly rate?

Can you take rake into your account somehow ? If you played some pots and pokerstars got rake on those tables , can you get it into your account after you finished playing ?

How do you guys calculate pod odds etc when multitabling? I mean , are you able to calculate pot odds on 3-4 tables instantly when you're multitabling more than that? It just seems hard to do that or??

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are other things I have to learn about mathematical side of poker?

Is it possible to make few mistakes in a session and still play profitably?

Other books you can recommend on cash games?

Proper bankroll management with 50$ deposit ?

How to calculate your hourly rate?

Can you take rake into your account somehow ? If you played some pots and pokerstars got rake on those tables , can you get it into your account after you finished playing ?

How do you guys calculate pod odds etc when multitabling? I mean , are you able to calculate pot odds on 3-4 tables instantly when you're multitabling more than that? It just seems hard to do that or??

1, get on youtube and various poker tuition websites, there are loads of free ones out there. Start with the real basics and add more when you understand the simple bits. I really rate the YouTube vids by James Sweeney

2, yes (though tourney might be different) Im a cash player and technically will be making loads of mistakes each session. Though generally my mistakes are not as bad as most people I play against. In short, if your villains make more mistakes than you do, you will win long term.

3, None, srs, everything you need is on the internet for free, save your money and add to your bankroll. imo only book work getting is called The mental game of poker.

4, cash 4nl is fine if you are half decent, 2nl if you are not.

5, I dont, I really wouldnt get hung up on win rates, just focus on making the right plays hand after hand.

6, as per question 5, srs dont waste your time with this. If you want to check your roll at the end of a session then fine, but working out win rates is pretty pointless unless you are a pro and working up super optimal things like most profitable villains or time to play.

As an aside, position is REALLY super important, So try and avoid playing oop that often.

PS, did I mention position is key?

Staneff

Staneff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the pot odds I don't find it a must to every time calculate in your mind "oh here I have like 10:1 for win so I'll pay it". It just comes from yourself. Don't get it too deep.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggest learning from experience. Play lowest stakes cash or tournys. Enjoy.

Take breaks when you get a bad beat. Play freerolls.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm perhaps I need to adjust my filter but it appears that pokerstars no longer has as many freerolls now??.. They still have the bronzefpp games which aren't bad but turns out a flip at the end of the game due to fast blind levels.

Hubble I can't see anymore... I just started looking though

aceofspade

aceofspade

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1, get on youtube and various poker tuition websites, there are loads of free ones out there. Start with the real basics and add more when you understand the simple bits. I really rate the YouTube vids by James Sweeney

2, yes (though tourney might be different) Im a cash player and technically will be making loads of mistakes each session. Though generally my mistakes are not as bad as most people I play against. In short, if your villains make more mistakes than you do, you will win long term.

3, None, srs, everything you need is on the internet for free, save your money and add to your bankroll. imo only book work getting is called The mental game of poker.

4, cash 4nl is fine if you are half decent, 2nl if you are not.

5, I dont, I really wouldnt get hung up on win rates, just focus on making the right plays hand after hand.

6, as per question 5, srs dont waste your time with this. If you want to check your roll at the end of a session then fine, but working out win rates is pretty pointless unless you are a pro and working up super optimal things like most profitable villains or time to play.

As an aside, position is REALLY super important, So try and avoid playing oop that often.

PS, did I mention position is key?

1. what are good videos on youtube and what are good free poker tuiton websites?

2. I know few basics like position , hand ranges , styles , betting , importance of stack sizes , table image. Are there any others I should learn?

3. As for books , I don't have problem getting them. I live in a country where piracy is not forbidden by law. I know it hurts author when you torrent books but hey it's harder for me to order them since I can't find them here to purchase. Most people don't ship to my country.

4. What would you recommend from where should I start learning? Which things , you can list them and I have time to search for it.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gripsed.com on youtube seemed to be decent.