New Book by BlackRain79

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to congratulate BlackRain79 on the release of his new book, "Modern Small Stakes."

I'm not offering a review at this time because I haven't read it yet! In fact, I'm about to order it now! But I thought Crushing the Microstakes (2NL-5NL) was brilliant and I'm sure this new book, for the small stakes (10NL-100NL), will continue to offer some of the best advice to thinking cash players everywhere. Nathan posts here on CC and readers will see that his advice and experience add great value to our forum.

I am in no way affiliated with BlackRain79/Nathan. I just want what is best for Cardschat and I honestly believe that this book will bring everyone's game to the next level.

His blog and info about the new book are found here.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you :) I would love to hear any early feedback on the book. And I would be happy to answer anyone's questions about it.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Subbing.

I have the first book, and can only assume the new one is more than worth getting. Having had coaching and skype conversations, and after the coaching was done, a lot of personal contact with Nathan, I can vouch for his dedication to his poker playing as well as his dedication to his students/readers.

He would not put it out if he didnt feel it was the best effort he could make. And, speaking from my experiences with him, his best effort is well worth checking out. This book will certainly be worth every penny.

I am also not affiliated in any way with Nathan/BlackRain79. We actually have not had any contact for a while, due to my career and family keeping me from the poker community as of late. (My decision, so my family is not standing in my way)

Having said all that, Hey Nathan!!! Been a while. I followed the link from nabmom above, and read some of your blog. My ex-musical partner lives in Krabi. Life there sounds so ultra-kool! GL with the new book (I will probably pick up a copy, may be the inspiration I need to get back into serious playing, even tho work and family have been the main barrier between me and the felt.

Glad to see things still going good for you.

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats BlackRain, im this too will be hell of a book

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will buy it next month. Even though there are a lot of books made by pros the way Nathan approaches poker is closer to the mindset of us micro players and should be gold for 10NL and 25NL lvls.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's the target audience of the new book?

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's the target audience of the new book?

I am pretty sure his blog said it was for players who can beat 2-5NL but struggle/breakeven at 10-100NL. It is also a very HUD heavy book so you could say it is more for online players even though the concepts do carry over to live if you pay attention to your villains.

With that being said, sounds perfect to me and I'll be getting it today, thanks Blackrain!

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks everyone!

The target audience is indeed NL10-NL100 (full ring and 6max) as IPlay stated.

@Fletch Good to hear from you as well, been a long time :) It is beautiful down there in southern Thailand for sure.

Black Chip Poker - Black Chip Bonus Code - Live Dealer Blackjack