Limit holdem strategy question

M

Mursilis1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So here is a hand I played yesterday. I was on the button with QJoff. Was my raise on the flop correct?

My thinking was I felt all four player would call and check to me on the turn giving me the option of a free card. I thought maybe from an expectation perspective it might be the right play too since all four would call the raise but im not sure.. Also I did check the turn any arguments for betting? I didnt feel like anyone would fold if I did so I checked.

Pre Flop: Me(BTN) with [Qc,Jh]

ThunderTwo(MP) folds, blufferpoopees(MP) calls 0.02, Walking18(MP) calls 0.02, LuckyRobAAAApoker(MP) calls 0.02, Me(BTN) calls 0.02, GeorgeCPA(SB) calls 0.01, iamadonkontilt(BB) checks

Flop: (5s,9d,Tc) (6 players)

GeorgeCPA(SB) bets 0.02, iamadonkontilt(BB) folds, blufferpoopees(MP) calls 0.02, Walking18(MP) calls 0.02, LuckyRobAAAApoker(LP) calls 0.02, Me(BTN) raises 0.04, GeorgeCPA(SB) calls 0.02, blufferpoopees(MP) calls 0.02, Walking18(MP) calls 0.02, LuckyRobAAAApoker(LP) calls 0.02

Turn: 2h (5 players)

GeorgeCPA(SB) checks, blufferpoopees(EP) checks, Walking18(MP) checks, LuckyRobAAAApoker(LP) checks, Me(BTN) checks

River: Kd (5 players)

GeorgeCPA(SB) checks, blufferpoopees(EP) checks, Walking18(MP) checks, LuckyRobAAAApoker(LP) checks, Me(BTN) bets 0.04, GeorgeCPA(SB) raises 0.08, blufferpoopees(EP) folds, Walking18(MP) calls 0.08, LuckyRobAAAApoker(LP) calls 0.08, Me(BTN) raises 0.08, GeorgeCPA(SB) calls 0.04, Walking18(MP) folds, LuckyRobAAAApoker(LP) calls 0.04

Final:
Me(BTN) shows [Qc,Jh]
GeorgeCPA(SB) mucks [Ks,9h]
LuckyRobAAAApoker(MP) mucks [Td,7d]

Me(BTN) wins 0.75

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the raise. You had top pair. Even with a moderate kicker it is often ahead on the flop. I would tend to bet the turn though since people like to chase weak 2pairs, and aces on the flop but may fold to the larger bet on the turn. I think the turn is the hardest street to play, and aggression is often the difference between winning and losing. Obviously you can lose more money by putting it in the pot, especially if you get check raised, but I would expect the bet to be more profitable.

M

Mursilis1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the raise. You had top pair. Even with a moderate kicker it is often ahead on the flop. I would tend to bet the turn though since people like to chase weak 2pairs, and aces on the flop but may fold to the larger bet on the turn. I think the turn is the hardest street to play, and aggression is often the difference between winning and losing. Obviously you can lose more money by putting it in the pot, especially if you get check raised, but I would expect the bet to be more profitable.

I didnt have a pair on the flop

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, I misread the post. LOL.Play was good.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules