Help at 50cent/25cent tables (Super Tight Opponents)

TheGodson

TheGodson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've recently played the 50cent/25cent tables and it seems everyone is super tight. How do you beat these tables?

It seems like people are only calling with pocket pairs and folding everything else. So naturally I open up my range, because everyone is super tight. Only 14% of people on average are seeing a flop.

2 out of 3 times I could pretty much get the blinds from even early position without a fight. 1 out of 3 times I get 3-bet and am forced to fold. That makes me break even since my opening size is 3X.

When it is my turn to post the blind I have to fold most of the time, because a super tight person will raise in an early or middle position and I can't defend with crap which I most often will have there. That means in the long run I'll lose money.

I tried opening up my range even more, but then I got mercilessly 3-bet so can't do that. I could tighten up, but that is what they are doing and I'll get eaten by rake.

When people limp in at these tables you have to be afraid too, because some of these people's limp ranges are strong as hell.

It feels like the game is at a perfect equilibrium and there is no way to exploit it. Any advice for how to beat the 50cent tables would be great. Please help me. I lost 3 buy-ins just recently before I stopped playing and posted this.

jdihzy

jdihzy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience, discipline.

Regs will screw up too, you must be patient.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I basically try to steal lots of small pots when no one has much, and stick it to the nits when they flop top pair or an over pair vs my hidden monster.

Some useful points:
*Find players playing many tables and steal from them - a lot
*Use a HUD to identify weaknesses and hand ranges
*Be VERY AGRESSIVE, but PICK YOUR SPOTS
*It is OK to limp behind occasionally, but Don't over do it.
*Raising is better, especially vs nits who are basically limping small pp to set mine. (yes they occasionally have AA)
*IF a NIT sticks around after your c-bet, give up your weak hands.
*You can often set your own price to draw. Just don't make it obvious.

M

mrmochapb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At these tables you have to pick your spots, make c bets yes to get a chance to see another card even if you havent hit the flop

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay you admitted to having tried to opening up your range by this i am guessing you are referring to times when you open the pot with a raise - but did you try opening up your 3bet range ?? Since everyone is playing super tight you have to find spots to isolate a player and look to play more pots in position for which you have to open up your 3betting range.

Also you mentioned being hesitant to raise a limper. This also seems like a bit of a leak to me. If you are reasonably confident and disciplined enough in playing pots post flop then you should either limp yourself with playable cards like connectors or just go ahead and raise the limper - and if we end up facing a five bet then again have the discipline to fold pre flop instead of getting stuck with the hand. Also be well bankrolled enough so that losing 3buyins doesn't affect you play or stops you from playing altogether.:icon_stud

G

Gambler47

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
These are the games I like to play. I try to play anywhere from 4-6 tables at a time, and I become an extremely tight player as well. It's easier to be tight playing this many tables since you're switching from table to table more often and not getting bored waiting on your next hand. The only time I open up my range in these games is in very late position and it's been folded to me, then i'll raise and try to take the blinds, other than that, fold most hands. If you realize the table isn't being raise much preflop, then I'd open my range up just a little to try and pick up more small pots, but if you start getting called a lot, then give up that strategy.

Ducbim

Ducbim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How about making a smaller opening size, from 3x to 2x or 2.5x, this way you would lose less when your opponent 3-bet you.
In this kind of table I think most of the time It will end up with a set-up hands like set over set or AA vs KK preflop. To save your time and energy, it is better to move out to another table :))

mendiolacubicle

mendiolacubicle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's quite a dilemma, well you have an info that they are air-tight, perhaps you can cinsider in my opinion loosing up a bit with your 3bet range, a tight player may have a VPIP of 13-18 try to loosen up one table and see if it makes any difference. OTHERWISE, just be patient and you will get them eventually :)

Danjwarburton

Danjwarburton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Table Select and find the fish!

You are whining that you are playing vs tough opponents; the solution is to stop playing against tough opponents!

L

lordrobes

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've often found that super tight players do not like paying anything more than they have to, so even a min raise (raising to 2x the BB) is often enough to get them to fold without risking too much of your stack if they 3 bet you. Do this even when you have a monster, so that if they 3 bet you, you can simply 4-bet them to get your desired # of chips in the pot.

Aaron Soto

Aaron Soto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go into your hand history depending on what site you play on.

Begin over looking every hand that you are losing money on. Figure out where you went wrong and why did you lose? After wards find out what you could of done better in that spot.

Make sure that when you have a good hand that you bet for value. Make sure that you are not the one calling big bets on the river or big value bets.

Play a tight game and that typically works don't let yourself get out of line in a hand. These are all leaks.

SBEP

SBEP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Play 20-30 hands and u should already have an idea bout who is weak, who u can steal blinds from, who pays off 4 shots with just top pair, many dont know their outs, most of them donno what to do when they raise AK get called and the flop comes all small, with a tight table i would experiment as much as i can, go ivey on their asss :D call a raise with 74off if u hit your cards u can score big, so my advice for a tight table, experiment, its a good chance to try out things u cant get away with on a loose table :D

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not afraid on.re raise just play your game. read the players card and see what flop is about their card.

fortopyan

fortopyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To minimize your losses by playing with the TAG player, you need the following:
- Do not bluff;
- Can cast only strong hands.
In general, these are the main rules that will help you minimize your losses

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Leave the table.
Hate those tight aggresive only players
Find a table where you can grind some easy money from trash calling opponents :)

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see some problems here.

I've recently played the 50cent/25cent tables and it seems everyone is super tight. How do you beat these tables?

You bet, bet, bet and steal almost every pot. That is, if it really is a squeaky-tight table. Is it really?

It seems like people are only calling with pocket pairs and folding everything else. So naturally I open up my range, because everyone is super tight. Only 14% of people on average are seeing a flop.

2 out of 3 times I could pretty much get the blinds from even early position without a fight. 1 out of 3 times I get 3-bet and am forced to fold. That makes me break even since my opening size is 3X.
Here we have a contradiction. 3-betting is inconsistent with the squeaky-tight players you've assumed they are. Nits have but one hand in their 3-betting range: (A,A) maybe (K,K) if they're feeling frisky.

Also, when you're stealing the blinds, open steal for 2X. If the blinds will fold for 3X, they'll fold for 2X. You also keep the pot smaller, and that makes for cheaper c-bets.

When it is my turn to post the blind I have to fold most of the time, because a super tight person will raise in an early or middle position and I can't defend with crap which I most often will have there. That means in the long run I'll lose money.
Do they raise from early and middle positions or do they limp with pocket pairs and fold everything else? This is another contradiction.

I tried opening up my range even more, but then I got mercilessly 3-bet so can't do that. I could tighten up, but that is what they are doing and I'll get eaten by rake.

When people limp in at these tables you have to be afraid too, because some of these people's limp ranges are strong as hell.

It feels like the game is at a perfect equilibrium and there is no way to exploit it. Any advice for how to beat the 50cent tables would be great. Please help me. I lost 3 buy-ins just recently before I stopped playing and posted this.
Quite honestly, I'm not seeing the description of some nitty, uber-tight play here. These players are more TAG than nit, and it looks like they're adjusting to your play and exploiting.

You mention nothing about post flop play here. How do these players play post? Are they FoF? Are they sticky with any piece of the board or even none at all, taking any pocket pair to the river? Do they push draws? Do they get sticky with any sort of draw, even one as weak as a sub-nut backdoor job or a gutterball despite dirty outs? Do they c-bet themselves and how often and on what board textures? If they c-bet, are they "one and done" or can they fire that second and third barrel?

It looks like these are problems of your own making. It's OK to develop a theory about how the game's going. You do not want to fall in love with your theories and be unwilling to revise them as game conditions change.

"So naturally I open up my range, because everyone is super tight. Only 14% of people on average are seeing a flop".

Yes, this makes the game look really nitty and a thief's playground. However, you need to consider the alternative: they're not that nitty and the whole table has been running card dead. It happens. The nittiest nit can look like a LAG when he's really on a card heater.

From what's posted here, it looks like you've misread the situation and you're not winning because you're not playing the right game.

S

seventhsense

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Table select better. If I can't see a fish at the table then I close it. All the fish are tagged purple, so a quick glance around my tables for purple is enough. If there isn't any on one table, I'll re-assess the stats and see if I can tag a new one. If not then the table gets closed.

Although if I find a bad reg, maybe someone that 3 bets 12%+, I may stay to exploit it.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the solution to winning on a table like that is to play the opposite of everyone else. That would mean LAG instead of TAG. Nothing worse than playing TAG, waiting for a premium hand, then losing to 67os but it happens every day.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Steal more, bluff more. Nits will rarely call 3 barrels light.