Finding the right amount of tables to play.

BvBrMTW

BvBrMTW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, I've been playing 25nl the last week now, currently playing 6 bb/100 over the small sample of 10k hands.
I have a big problem tho. I havr no clue how many tables I want to and can play.
I'm fooling around between 1-4 tables, usually at least 2 tho.
I get distracted really fast so that's why playing more tables can be a good thing, as it keeps me focused.
But is it bad to not have a set amount of tables?
Also, how should I decide how many tables I play? I don't feel like playing more than 4 tables because I'll have to tile them, and I like to see how hands play out sometimes.
Also I don't like making tables so small I can add more, simply because I hate the way the game looks when it's so small, and lets be honest, the way te UI looks does really affect the way most people enjoy the game.

I know I'll have to add more tables to get better results at last, but for now I'll stick to 4 max.
I'm taking out 33% of my profit at the end of each month, and I'm going to use the money for buying new monitors, any suggestions on bigger monitors that fit more tables? (Which are you using? Or what size should they be?) (I'll be using 2 monitors )

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I thought you play 4 - 20 tables?

As far as monitors go > 'it depends'.
The cheap route is to get 2x 24" with 1920 x 1080 (you can comfortably tile 9 tables on each, 16 tables with slight overlap). $130 - $175
Higher resolution monitors you're putting out bigger $'s

If you have money to spare "I" would go for one nice 27" monitor.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I can't tile either, I like to see all actions.

So here's my setup. A lappy with a 27" monitor behind it. Works for me. I can faff about on the lappy monitor, swapping tables in and out etc. and carry on 6 tabling without any problems on the main one above.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3227/setupve.jpg

BvBrMTW

BvBrMTW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay thanks guys! I'll see if I'll go with the 2x 24 or the 27, but tahnks!

tothbopo

tothbopo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In can only be fully focused at one table at the time