#Betsizing in the micros# Some opinions needed

EchoEllis

EchoEllis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey just wanted some opinions on 1) the importance of bet sizes and 2) the general best bet sizes for the desired effect of some of the following examples, now obviously there's no correct answer so I'm talking in general ranging from checking - all in:

Preflop
-You're reraising a loose player IP with KK and want a call, they have a low fold to 3bet
-A loose player min raises from UTG and your on the BTN with QKs, you don't want any more callers, again they have a low fold to 3bet
-Your in the HJ with A10s, the CO and BTN are loose, you don't want them calling to put you OOP post flop

Flop
-You hit top pair IP on a two tone board against a loose player and its checked to you, they fold very few cbets, make them pay large for their possible flush draw or try and keep them in the hand?
-You hit a flush/straight draw OOP and have the preflop betting lead, your opponent is very aggressive, you don't want a raise but you want to build a pot

Turn
-You've hit 2 pair against a tight player IP and want to keep them in the hand, they check to you
-You've hit 2 pair against a loose player IP and want to keep them in the hand, they check to you
-You've hit a flush against a tight player IP, they bet the flop and you called, they've now checked to you and you don't want to make it obvious that you've hit a flush

River
- Your sure you have the best hand and a tight player checks to you IP
- Your sure you have the best hand and a loose player checks to you IP
- A possible flush or straight card has hit, your OOP and your loose aggressive opponent normally bluff bets if checked to but calls a lot with medium hands, you have between top pair and trips but are not sure whether they've hit they're draw

Also what are peoples bet slider settings??

I've flicked between:
33%-50%-65%-75%
33%-55%-75%-pot
50%-65%-75%-pot

How important are bet sizes? are they're any little tricks of the trade that have won you some big pots?

Some feedback would be great, thanks

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I assume this is a cash game and that everyone has at least 30BBs.

I always make my 3 bets the same. I add my call to the pot and then bet the 3/4 pot. Example BB 2, SB 1, EP raise 5, I 3bet 15. I don't try and get a call, it gives away too much information. I won't 3-bet KQs. I always open for teh same amount 2.5 BB.

I bet the same on both of your flop questions 3/4 pot.

I bet 3/4 pot for both types of players with two pair and I'd check the flush. In my experience tight players don't check raise or even check call the turn. You might get them to bet or call the river.